Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 52323 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2009, 08:42:08 pm »

Org, you need to convince me to change my vote.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2009, 08:43:03 pm »

Thank you, Solifuge.  If we both get out of this alive, you can have this... thing.  I picked it up off of a Neptunian on my way here.  No clue what it does.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2009, 08:43:41 pm »

Honestly, I see Beacon's point.  Killing him doesn't help us get to the dopps.  True we don't risk losing a civie tonight, but we also don't threaten the dopps at all.   We need to focus on finding the dopps.  We need more FoS and more talking and more accusations to get it so that the dopps can't just kill quietly.

Beacon's offer works with a caveat.  The Doctor doesn't have to keep protecting him.  If he thinks somebody else is in more danger he can help him instead.  If grey-boy here dies in the process, we haven't lost anything more than his mild accomplishments.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2009, 08:43:59 pm »

basically beacon claimed surviving alien and inaluct want's his lynch.  No one else has added much.

I'm still thinking what are the possible consequences to anything we do...

Oh... I imagine you know that webadict was supposedly contacted by the agent and wanted to be pm'd by the doc... It's all here...  :P take your time and read it... If you can make another post with the quality of your old ones... I'd appreciate it.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2009, 08:46:45 pm »

Let's be honest, here.

1: Org, you aren't making a very strong case.
2: Solifuge, Phonix, & Beacon80, if Beacon is an Alien, he is NOT going to magically sacrifice himself for the good of the town. I was in a position to do so and name every Doppelganger, then push a town win at the cost of my own life. I chose to win and so would he. He's a danger.

Beacon80, I don't deny that you're an Alien, nor do I assert that you're a Doppelganger. I simply believe you to be a liability to the town, as when I was the Survivor Alien, that's precisely what I was.

Also, a reminder, an Alien Exterminator may have chosen to be passive the first night, wishing for his presence to remain unknown. I predict, if this has happened, he'll go active after the second or third Doppelganger dies.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »

Yes, think what you will, but you will betray us when it benefits you.

Also, the Dopps will no longer target you, because you are now helpful to them.

You've just given them a better chance to kill the doc or the agent.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2009, 08:54:00 pm »

I don't know how I can make this more clear.  I won't betray you because the moment I do, I lose.  Pandarsenic, you didn't betray the dopps because the moment you did, they'd kill you.  It's the same thing here, only in reverse.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2009, 08:54:59 pm »

I unvote and, because I have a gut feeling about him, vote Pandarsenic.
I know this isn't at all useful but I just don't trust him.

Also, my point about the agent finder alien seems to have been totally ignored.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2009, 08:57:50 pm »

Honestly, "Survivor Alien" doesn't equate to "Betrays Town"... he sides with the winning team, and currently Town is doing rather well, with 3 dopps versus 10 Townies/Aliens.

Besides, even if he is a Survivor and not a Doppseeker, lynching him would be a waste when he's already risked his skin revealing his ID to Dopps and Townies. Besides, killing a suspected Survivor is killing a prospective Team Member, whereas we should be lynching Dopps.

Logically, I suspect that his only motive in revealing his ID is as a Dopp Seeker, to work with the Town, snag a Dopp and win, before Dopps come down on him. He has little other sensible motive, and working with the Agent could rid us of another Dopp.

He's a Liability to Dopplegangers, not the town. A sensible Townie wouldn't ignore that fact.

EDIT: I don't mean to get you guys coming down on me now, but honestly, listen to reason. If Panda, Inaluct, and Webadict keep pushing to kill someone who is risking their skin for the town, has no plausible motive to betray us (it would guarantee his death either way), and generally keep pushing to get a Town Ally killed rather than seeking out Dopplegangers, you'll have earned my unshakable suspicion as enemies of the town.

EDIT EDIT: I know I'm a bit scatterbrained here, but I hope this makes sense to you guys. Don't kill him. Let the Agent check him out tonight. That gives us a way to kill Dopples easily, protects the Agent, and gives us a way to verify Webadict's honesty about being contacted, OR gives us a Liar or a Doppleganger to lynch tomorrow, and we'll be down to 2.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 09:14:40 pm by Solifuge »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2009, 09:03:47 pm »

Perhaps we should lynch someone else today and leave Beacon80 till tomorrow.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2009, 09:06:36 pm »

Dude, Solifuge. Archangel.

Maybe you just don't get it.

His win condition is mere survival, if he speaks truth.
His plan for us requires him to sacrifice himself.

As a former Survivor Alien, I wouldn't trust this guy any farther than I can throw him.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2009, 09:08:29 pm »

No, my plan is for you to sacrifice me the moment I betray you, or right before the dopps could use me for a gauranteed victory.  Ideally, I'll help you kill the dopps before we reach that point.  Yes, there's a decent chance that this plan will lead to my death, but it's better than not working with you at all and getting lynched now.

Pandarsenic, how many times do I have to say this?  I can't betray the townsfolk any more than you could betray the dopplegangers last time.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2009, 09:08:44 pm »

Check me.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2009, 09:15:00 pm »

His win condition is mere survival, if he speaks truth.

Can't you, Beacon80? Once you go to the Doppelganger side, we'll be under so much pressure that we can't afford to waste time lynching you - just like when it became obvious to the town that I was an Alien who was screwing them over.

I would hope that anyone from last game would've learned that lesson - I know I'm not resting until you're dead unless a Doppelganger is confirmed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2009, 09:19:10 pm »

No, my plan is for you to sacrifice me the moment I betray you, or right before the dopps could use me for a gauranteed victory.  Ideally, I'll help you kill the dopps before we reach that point.  Yes, there's a decent chance that this plan will lead to my death, but it's better than not working with you at all and getting lynched now.

Pandarsenic, how many times do I have to say this?  I can't betray the townsfolk any more than you could betray the dopplegangers last time.
...You're saying you plan to lose for the town? Not likely. I would know. Pandarsenic knows. Because he tried last time and he wanted to win. The whole point is to win, not let the Town win.

Check me.

Org, you need to shut up. Saying this isn't helping anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41