Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 50952 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 3
« Reply #375 on: March 31, 2009, 05:30:58 pm »

Oh, sorry. Yes, he was the Exterminator Alien.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 31, 2009, 05:33:51 pm »

Is it possible to have three aliens? Even if it is, I find it unlikely....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 31, 2009, 05:49:08 pm »

It is possible, yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 31, 2009, 05:55:21 pm »

I still don't think it's very likely. I'm gonna venture a guess that Beacon80 may be a Dopp seeking cover.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 31, 2009, 06:04:30 pm »

Well, that was unexpected.

Do you have evidence to support this guess Pandar, or is it just pure speculation?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 31, 2009, 06:06:05 pm »

Unsubstantiated speculation.

Believe me, if I had evidence, I wouldn't just be FoSing, I'd actually be voting.

I still stand by that whether he is an Alien Survivor or a Dopp, we should probably blow him up.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 31, 2009, 06:07:45 pm »

Beacon80 admitted to it being a lie to attempt to both survive and at least allegedly to help the townies survive.

At this point, I'm inclined to believe Beacon80 is a townie.   Either that or he IS a third alien  (most likely the survivor type or perhaps a Dopp grabber).  My reasoning is this.

1) From Webaddict's accounts, we can assume that he was targetted by both a Dopp and by this... alien thing.  He  only survived because both went after him at the same time.
2) The alien fully admitted that his killing Webaddict would serve two purposes, to get rid of Webaddict, and to cast blame onto Beacon, getting him killed as well.
3) It's no small stretch to assume that the dopps would figure a similar situation.  Killing Webaddict would surely cause suspicion to fall further on Beacon and most likely get him lynched.
4) If Beacon is a dopp, they do not want this, and Webaddict being alive and pointing a finger at Beacon is less of a threat than Webaddict being dead and other's pointing a gun at Beacon.  They have already lost one of their members, they cannot afford to lose another so quickly.
5) If beacon is not a dopp, however, then they benefit from the same advantages that Solifuge would have.  i.e. they get the town to do their dirty work for them.

Now I'm not saying that  Beacon is clear from suspicion at this point.  The counterpoints are these possibilities:
1) Beacon lied and is a dopp.  In this case the dopps are counting on a though process similar to the one I just listed as a way of exonerating Beacon and getting rid of a suspicion at the same time.  Of course the "I know t hat you know that I know" loop can go on forever.
2) Beacon initially told the truth and is a survivor alien, and is trying to cover it up.  In this case we're back to the earlier point counterpoint that we've had on whether or not we can trust the survivor type.

The other possibility is that Beacon is actually the Dopp-grabber alien, and he's trying to get the Agent to finger a dopp for him.  I'm not s ure  how that impacts things.

At this point,  I'm really not sure how to handle  Beacon.  I'm not going to vote for his death yet, but I'm going to remain very suspicious of his actions.  If we don't get a good suspicion on somebody else today however, I'm going to vote for his execution.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2009, 06:12:52 pm »

I'm gonna be honest, Beacon80 is all over the place. I don't know what the hell is going on with that guy but I don't trust him.

His absurdly erratic actions are not inspiring confidence for him in me, I can tell you that much.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 31, 2009, 11:27:57 pm »

Okay, since it's so quiet, I'm going to vote against Org.  The fact that he wasn't targeted last night strongly indicates that he's a dopp.  I believe he just threw out the "I'm the Doctor" thing to stop people from voting against him.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 31, 2009, 11:49:15 pm »

I don't trust Beacon (he's erratic and probably a liar), and Masami Phonix has been consistently defending him. Beacon may very well be a Doppelganger looking for cover, and Masami Phonix's steadfast defense of him makes me suspicious of them both.

And now Phonix is trying to draw attention away from Beacon by voting for Org. Org's actions are suspicious, but not nearly as suspicious as Phonix's.

Vote Masami Phonix.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 31, 2009, 11:53:06 pm »

Phonix, are you seriously trying to lead us against the guy who roleclaimed Doctor after defending Beacon80?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 01, 2009, 12:12:52 am »

I didn't defend Beacon.  I listed pros and cons for him.  Ultimately I think he's more erratic than dangerous but he's not above suspicion.  If you'll recall, I was one of the first people to suspect Beacon  in the first place.

And yes, I'm going after the guy who roleclaimed the Doctor.  I don't trust him.  Why would the dopps go after Solifuge (not that I'm complaining) who didn't really have much to draw them to him if they had the doctor they could kill.

Explain why Org wasn't butchered during the night and I'll rescind my vote.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 01, 2009, 12:20:04 am »

He could be a second vet - we have at least 2 aliens, after all - or he could have been spared so the Dopps could start or jump on a bandwagon against him when he survived. Remember how long the doctor lived last game?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 01, 2009, 12:27:17 am »

I'm inclined to believe Beacon80 is a townie.

You defended him. You're still defending him.

You're a doppelganger.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 01, 2009, 04:25:37 am »

*groans from beyond the grave, as certain people's consistent behaviors finally click* If only there was a Ghost-Seer type role...

Also kudos to all on what has, even for just being 2 days in, a rather convoluted and exciting game.
My extermination plans have been foiled... and I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those meddling dopplegangers.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41