Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 50932 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 5
« Reply #585 on: April 13, 2009, 09:25:51 am »

I'm in.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #586 on: April 13, 2009, 10:35:26 am »

I prefer my end to Alexhan's, because it doesn't involve me being a total wuss. :P
I'm still alive though... Maybe one day I can excape or be rescued.  There's no escape from death however.

I'll definetly join the next one... I must make up for my mistakes.  In whatever team I am...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 13, 2009, 11:16:19 am »

I prefer my end to Alexhan's, because it doesn't involve me being a total wuss. :P
I'm still alive though... Maybe one day I can excape or be rescued.  There's no escape from death however.

Unless Pandarsenic found religion right before he died.  A spawned-again-Christian?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 13, 2009, 11:26:06 am »

I think it was Webadict's quoting of Org's PMs that got me convinced he was pro-Town. Without those PMs, I would have vouched for Webadict's death, to figure out if he was Townie. Altough, I bet that on the second day, I would have turned around and called for the lynching of Pandarasenic.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 13, 2009, 12:18:32 pm »

Oh yeh, Inaluct and I attempted to make a mason-type town base with which to help the town, not much happened though.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 13, 2009, 01:08:50 pm »

I'm up for Round 3 as well. Good game all around, and great ending.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!
« Reply #591 on: April 13, 2009, 03:05:03 pm »

Ok, some stuff already got posted by everyone, but I'll start posting the starting PMs and Night role events for everyone now.

Here are the Starting PMs

---------------------------------------
CheeetarAlien   None   Contact Agent
You are an Alien.

You have been tasked by your government to investigate rumors that a rival Alien civilization has been experimenting with new biological infiltration agents on the pre-interstellar planet of Earth. You set down in this town shortly after all of the killings began, and you witnessed first-hand the pods of the Doppelgangers and the body of the dead doppelganger. Now you have new orders, to contact any Federal Agents within the town, inform them of the true meaning behind the doppelgangers, and use them to get in contact with the local earth Government. However, your presence MUST remain secret. Therefore, any individuals that you contact that are not agents must be killed immediately. Since we do not wish any harm to come to the humans, do not contact anyone unless you have a strong suspicion that they are in fact an agent.

Should you discover that there are no Federal agents in this town, or the agent is killed during your time here, you are to stay in the town and help them find and kill the doppelgangers. Once the danger is passed, you can contact any agents who come to investigate the town afterwards.

Rules: You may contact one person during each night phase (PM me who you choose during the Night Phase). If that person is the Agent, you win and vanish from the game. If that person is not the agent, you will attempt to kill them. You will kill any normal human or Alien. The Exterminator alien or a doppelganger will have a 50% chance to kill you instead. An Army Vet will kill you before you get inside, so you will need to be careful who you target. If the Agent is killed, you act as a regular townsperson, losing if the town loses and winning if you stay alive until the end of the game with the town winning.

Solifuge   Alien   None   Exterminate all players
You are an Alien.

Your government has been experimenting with the perfect spy. An artificial race of creatures that can take any form. Even better, they can consume the brain of a creature and take on their memories, their mannerisms, everything. At least in theory. However, while the project has gotten pretty far along it's run into a few snags. This particular batch was being tested out on the pre-interstellar planet of Earth, and while the doppelgangers are good at mimicking the humans they're also worthless as spies. They seem to be consumed with hunger and bloodlust, and are not responding to the control waves the scientists running the program are sending out. Time for a wipe.

That's where you come in. You're an Exterminator. Your job is to wipe the experiment site clean. Destroy all evidence of the creatures and kill everyone in the town off without letting the local government in on your presence. It's possible they are in contact with your enemies, so strict regulations forbid that. Be wary of any other alien forces that may be in town. Hopefully they haven't gotten wind of this venture, but you can't be too careful. If you find any of them, make sure they die as well.

You've already destroyed the spot where the pods were placed down, as well as all other routes out of here. No one is going anywhere anytime soon. So, take your time, pick your targets, and don't get spotted.

Rules: Your goal is to be the last one standing. If at any point a day is reached where only you and one other are left, you win. To help you meet this goal, you get to kill one player each night (PM me who you choose during the Night Phase). Be careful, however, as any Army Veterans in the town have a chance to kill you off first (50% chance).
Pandarsenic   Doppelganger   Leader   Town Loses
Alexhans   Doppelganger   None   Town Loses
Katsuun   Doppelganger   None   Town Loses
NUKE9.13   Doppelganger   None   Town Loses

You four are the Doppelgangers!

You don't know where you came from, or why, only that you are consumed with an insatiable hunger for human flesh and share the ability to transform completely into the body of your first victim. There were five of you, but one had the misfortune of taking over the body of an insane man, and ended up causing that debacle at the clinic. While he's dead now, you're stuck with a situation where the humans know you exist and what's going on. You're trapped here in this town, and they're trying to kill you. Unfortunately for them, you hold all the cards. Once this farce is done with you can make your way out of here and move on to wider hunting grounds.

As the most adept of you, Pandarsenic is your leader. He is completely immune to detection from any investigative sources while the rest of you are not.

As a group, you pick one person each night to consume. One of you is delegated to go fetch the evening's dinner while the others will meet at an arranged feasting spot.

Good hunting!

chaoticjosh Human   Agent   Town Wins
You are an FBI Agent. Your agency has gotten information suggesting very strange activity going on in this town, and you are here to investigate. After you arrived, things turned out even stranger then you had imagined.

Now, your only hope of survival is to use your skills to determine who these doppelgangers are before they kill you and every other human left.

Rules: Each night you may select one person to investigate. You will be told what species that person is. Be warned, though, a truly skilled doppelganger may be able to trick you into thinking they are human!

Masami Phonix   Human   Army Vet   Town Wins
You are a Veteran. You served several tours of Duty in Iraq, and saw your share of conflict. Now, you live in a small town doing basic car repairs and spending your off-time in your own personal firing range in your back yard.

You're pretty sure you could hole up in your house and weather this mess in safety. You've got the supplies for it, and your house is barricaded up pretty good. But you didn't risk your life in a foreign land just to turn your back on your neighbors when they need you most. So you'll go out each day and help them find and kill these monsters. AT night, you keep your guns handy and one eye open. If any monsters come hunting you, they'll eat nothing but lead.

Rules: If anyone comes to you at night, you kill them with your guns. This includes helpful roles, like the Agent or Doctor. You may choose to disable this ability for a night, but that leaves you vulnerable to the doppelgangers should they attack you. I will assume that you are using your ability unless you specifically PM me saying otherwise.

Org   Human   Army Vet   Town Wins
You are a veteran. You spent the last few years hunting Taliban in the mountains of Afghanistan. Now, you live in a small town writing the nation's next great Military thriller. You go hunting sometimes, and you've got your dog for company. It's been a good life, so far, at least until these monsters showed up.

You're pretty sure you could hole up in your house and weather this mess in safety. You've got the supplies for it, and your house is barricaded up pretty good. But you didn't risk your life in a foreign land just to turn your back on your neighbors when they need you most. So you'll go out each day and help them find and kill these monsters. AT night, you keep your guns handy and your dog close by. If any monsters come hunting you, they'll eat nothing but lead.

Rules: If anyone comes to you at night, you kill them with your guns. This includes helpful roles, like the Agent or Doctor. You may choose to disable this ability for a night, but that leaves you vulnerable to the doppelgangers should they attack you. I will assume that you are using your ability unless you specifically PM me saying otherwise.

Zaithemaster   Human   Army Vet   Town Wins
You are a veteran. You spent the last few years doing tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. Now, you're back in your home town and trying to readjust to civilian life as best you can. You still have a good supply of guns, though. You never know when you might need them, and it's looking like that time is now.

You're pretty sure you could hole up in your house and weather this mess in safety. You've got the supplies for it, and your house is barricaded up pretty good. But you didn't risk your life in a foreign land just to turn your back on your neighbors when they need you most. So you'll go out each day and help them find and kill these monsters. AT night, you keep your guns handy and one eye open. If any monsters come hunting you, they'll eat nothing but lead.

Beacon80   Human   Doctor   Town Wins
You are a doctor. You had retired a few years back, but with the mess at the clinic you know the town will need your help. You're keeping a low profile though, since you don't want to be singled out by the monsters for supper.

Rules: Each night you may choose to use your skills to keep someone from being killed. You may not use this ability on yourself. Be careful, though, as an Army Vet is pretty jumpy and likely to shoot you if you come near his house. PM me your choice of who to guard (if anyone) each night phase.

Archangel   Human   None   Town Wins
Karlito   Human   None   Town Wins
Kashyyk   Human   None   Town Wins
inaluct   Human   None   Town Wins
webadict   Human   None   Town Wins

Welcome to the Paranormal Mafia game!

You are a normal townsperson. You have no abilities other than your wits and a determination to see your town saved from these man-eating monsters.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 13, 2009, 03:07:27 pm »

NIGHT 1

For chaoticjosh:
You spend the night investigating webadict. With the help of some sophisticated surveillance equipment and some stealthy sleuthing you manage to find out quite a bit of information about him during the course of the night.

You end the night confident that he is a normal human.

For Zaithemaster:

You awaken in the middle of the night, your raw nerves snapping you awake. Cautiously, you grab your rifle and look around, peering through the darkness for any sign of movement, listening for the faintest trace of an intruder. After a while, you grow restless and begin walking through your house checking windows, making sure doors are locked, and generally testing your defenses. Suddenly the floorboards underneath you burst upwards and a sharply clawed arm grabs hold of your leg. As you are pulled down into the darkness under your house you fire down with your rifle. Shot after shot rings out as sharp claws rip into you.

After a bit, the claws slacken and loosen their grip. You try to pull yourself up out of the hole, but blood loss from a severed artery takes its toll. You die with your rifle before you, body halfway onto the ripped up floorboards. As you drift into an endless darkness you feel a glimmer of triumph. You may die, but there is one monster to plague your town.

For Dopps:

Katsuun departs to find your next victim while the others wait in a secluded grove nearby. The house of Zaithemaster is heavily barricaded, almost a fortress. He skirts the edges of the property, looking for a way in. Finally, he spots an opening; the bottom of the house looks like it has a crawlspace under it, and the stairway in the front has a small entrance to that area. Too small for a grown human, but easy enough for the shifting form of a doppelganger.

He slips underneath the house and slowly crawls his way inside. After a bit he hears footsteps inside. A heavy tread the moves through the house, accompanied by small sounds of metal and wood. Soon, the footsteps move directly over him. With supernatural strength he rips through the floorboards and starts to drag Zai down. The former soldier, however, is carrying a rifle. He fires blindly down into the darkness at Katsuun, who in turn digs his claws deeply into the human's flesh. Eventually, the shots cease, and the exhausted and bloodsoaked human tries vainly pull himself back up into the house. He dies in the effort, too much blood having flowed from a severed artery. Katsuun, however, cannot savor this victory, He lies dead as well, of a shot to the brain.

The others, after waiting for what feels like forever, eventually follow. Their stomachs growling, almost painfully after the long wait. They slowly investigate the house, and a peak through a small slit in the door reveals the fate of Zai. You break down the door and search the scene of the fight. After discovering the body of Katsuun below, you pause only long enough to grab Zais body. Back in the glade, you feast on the body of the slain soldier.

This night did not go as planned, and as hunger is replaced by reason your thoughts turn grim. If other humans have weapons like these, your lives might be in danger as well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 13, 2009, 03:08:45 pm »

Night 2

For Dopps:
As agreed, Nuke sets out to kill Solifuge and bring the body back to others who wait in their secluded grove.

He moves swiftly towards Solifuge's house, changing into his natural form as he goes. However, when he arrives at Solifuge's house, he finds it strangely empty. Solifuge must have gone out. Nuke then begins to scout around, picking up traces of Solifuge's presence as he goes. Eventually, he finds his target up in a tree, across from one of the few houses in town still occupied. In his hands, he holds a strange looking gun. Perhaps this is another alien? No matter, it is Nuke's target and it will die. With a great leap the Doppelganger launches himself into the tree. Solifuge, fixated on his target, his caught unaware and is hurled from his perch by the doppelganger. He lands on the grass below with a grunt. As he lands, his form shimmers to reveal a large, somewhat humanoid figure. It is dressed in dark armor that obscures most of its features, but what can be seen is clearly alien in nature. Despite the hard landing, Solifuge is not phased and fires his strange weapon at Nuke. The bright green blast shatters tree branches and sets leaves on fire, but barely misses Nuke as he leaps from the tree. Solifuge rolls to his feet, and another shot flares in the darkness, exploding a nearby trashcan. Nuke, ducking and weaving to avoid the blasts, closes in on Solifuge. With a swipe of unnaturally sharp claws, he rips the alien's gun arm off at the elbow. Solifuge screams as acrid smelling blood pours from his arm. The alien then pulls out a knife, it's blade glinting in the faint moonlight. He counterattacks, the knife making a long, shallow slice up the doppelganger's leg. Ignoring the pain, Nuke reaches out with both hands rips the alien's head off. The body collapses to the ground, and Nuke picks up the severed arm.

A quick taste of the blood leaves the Doppelganger, doubled over, retching. This...this is not food. As lights come on in the nearby house, Nuke decides to leave before anything else dangerous shows up. The others will not be pleased to see him return without sustenance, though, so he raids a farm on his way back. Pig is not as good as human, but it will do in a pinch.

For Solifuge:
After updating your log, you head out for your first extermination. If the target is as he seems to be, this should be quick and easy. If he's not, well, that just makes things more interesting.

You move swiftly through the night towards your target's house. Nearby you find some convenient trees, large and well branched. A perfect sniping position. You settle in for a bit to watch your target through the advanced sensors on your gun. No need to risk surprises, after all.

After a while, the house darkens completely and you can see your target slumbering in a large bed. The shot will be tricky, as he's moved furniture in-between himself and the windows. But with high powered weaponry, even walls are no obstacle. As you line up the shot, however, you find yourself being launched from the tree. You land heavily on the ground. Unhurt, fortunately, but your screening device is damaged in the process. No time to think about that, though, as you fire at the creature in the tree that attacked you. Your first blast rips through the tree where the creature was perched, missing it by mere inches. As it leaps down from the tree you roll to your feet and send another blast flying at it. It weaves to the side, the stray bolt turning a nearby trashcan into smoldering bits. The creature, obviously a doppelganger, is fast. Faster then expected. It reaches you before you can get off another shot and rips your gun-arm off at the elbow. You let out an involuntary scream as you step back, your other hand already moving down to grab the knife from your belt. The creature lunges at you, and you slash upwards with your knife. It connects, be the creature doesn't even flinch. Your vision fades as its incredibly strong hands close about your throat.

Your death is swift and painless.

For Webadict:
You bolt awake in the middle of the night. A bright light from outside, and a thump, snap you into alertness. You quickly roll out of bed and flatten your back against a wall, your dresser in between the window and you. You peak out through a tiny sliver of the window. You can't see much, but from what you can tell there is a fight going on in your front yard.

After a short while you hear a loud scream. A few seconds later, there is a wet ripping sound and then silence. You wait for a bit, palms sweaty, before risking another look. The yard is dark, so you flick a switch next to your bed that triggers the outside floodlights (something you added due to the recent events). You see a strange form standing over a body. It holds an arm in it's hands, and is licking it. Suddenly it bends forward and retches. The arm is dropped, and the creature staggers off into the night.

You spend the rest of the night looking outside, wondering who died, and wanting to go look but too afraid to risk it.

For chaoticjosh:
You head over to Masami Phonix's house to begin your investigations. As you walk around the back fence, however, your foot snags on a line. Suddenly flood lights turn on, washing the back yard in a harsh glow. You hear a voice scream out from the house "Die, you man-eating freak!"

Automatic fire rips through the fence. You duck and try to dodge away, but a bullet slams into your side. You gasp in pain and fall to the ground. Painfully, you roll down into the shelter of the gutter and slowly crawl back towards your house.

As you make your way back a figure approaches you in the dark. He bends down near you and speak softly. "Don't worry, you'll be all right." You try to answer, but you find your vision fading. You drift into the blackness.

You awaken the next morning on your couch. Your side hurts, but the bullet is gone and your wounds have been dressed. Beside you is a bottle of prescription pain medication, with a note to be more careful during your excursions.

For Beacon80:
You go out during the night to check up on ChaoticJosh. As you near his house you see him walking away from it, a large duffel bag over his shoulder. You follow him, staying back to make sure you are not seen.

After a bit, he gets to his destination. As he starts to go around the back fence, however, the area is suddenly flooded with light. You hear a shout, but cannot make out the words. Shortly afterwards you hear the sharp rapport of gun fire, and the fence explodes as bullets rip into it. ChaoticJosh starts to duck and move away, but falls to the ground. You can see him roll into the gutter, and slowly, painfully, crawl his way back towards his house. The gunfire ceases for a bit, but the lights stay on.

You wait until there is no chance of the gunman spotting you before going to his aid. He passes out as you reach him, so you carefully take him back to his house. Working swiftly but carefully you extract the bullet from his side and dress the wound. He'll be in pain, but he should be all right. You leave him sleeping on his couch, with a bottle of pain medicine and a note to be more careful in the future. Then you head home to try and get a little sleep before the next day's trials.

For Masami Phonix
You sleep fitfully, a modified AK-47 leaning on your bedstand and ready to use at a moment's notice. Partway through the night you hear a click and your alarm system goes off. As you bolt awake and grab your gun you see the back yard floodlight turn on, and a shadowy figure through the slats in the fence. You scream a curse at the monster and open fire. Your bullets explode through the fence. You see the figure drop and roll. You're pretty sure you hit it, whatever it was. Not that you'd be foolish enough to go check, of course.

You spend the rest of the night checking your defenses and patrolling with your gun. They won't catch this soldier with his guard down!
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 13, 2009, 03:09:35 pm »

Night 3

For Dopps:
Hungry for something tastier then pig flesh, Nuke sets off for Org's house. The yard is surrounded by a high fence and gate, the top of the fence studded with sharp stones to keep out unwanted intruders. However, he uses his great strength and climbing ability to leap over the fence from the roof of a nearby house. As he moves stealthily around the yard he detects another presence in the house beyond his target. Canine. That complicates things a bit, but should still be manageable.

After scaling the side of the house he moves over to the small attic window. It is barred, but the holdings are just fastened into wood. A quick pull and the wood breaks free of the house. A little noisier then he'd have liked, but he's inside. He moves carefully about the attic, the floor nothing but rafters and insulation. After a short search he detects his prey beneath him. The insulation is quickly removed, revealing the thin ceiling beneath. With a jump, he crashes through and lands on the carpet beside the bed. Org spins around from his spot by the door, pistol basting. Nuke rolls out of the way and launches himself at Org. They tumble into the hallway, the pistol spinning from Org's hands as the doppelganger's claws rip into the soldier. With a lurch Org sends Nuke flipping over onto the hard floor of the hallway. He scrambles to his feet, looking desperately for his gun.

As Nuke rolls back to his feet he is driven back down by a growling mass of fur and teeth. The dog clamps its teeth down on the doppelganger's shoulder. Nuke hisses in pain and digs his claws into the dogs neck and pulling at it in an effort to remove this new threat.

With the monster occupied, Org runs back into his room, searching for more weapons. He turns back just in time to be bowled over by the body of his faithful dog. Nuke rushes the soldier, kicking the pistol from his hand as he struggles to rise. Org kicks out at the creatures knee, throwing his dog's body on top of the monster as it falls. He then dives over his bed and rolls onto the floor. Nuke shrugs off the dog's corpse and leaps over the bed. Org grabs his neck as he comes over, and shoves a hard metal object in his mouth. "See you in hell, monster!"

Nuke struggles to spit out the object, Org's hands firmly grasped onto the object and the monster. He grimly ignores the raking claws, and simply stares at the eyeless visage before him. Moments later, the night is shattered with the blast of an exploding grenade.

The two surviving doppelgangers wait. And wait. And wait. Eventually, you decide that Nuke will not be returning, and head towards Org's house to investigate. One window has been shattered, and can see dark blood splattered across the walls. A curled doppelganger hand can be seen clutching the bed sheets from the floor. Nuke has obviously failed. Moving carefully, you search the area, but can detect no more signs of life. The body of Org lies on the floor near Nuke, both of them showing serious wounds from sort of explosion. You silently grab the dead soldier's body. You will feast on him, both to assuage your hunger and avenge your fallen kin.

For Org:
You awake in the night, a cracking sound above your head warning you that something is amiss. Your dog is at your side, growling up at the ceiling. You slide out of bed and grab up the pistol you keep on your nightstand. You check your window to make sure that it is secure and the bars in place, and then move off towards the hallway. Your dog moves off ahead of you and down the hall. As you step out of your room, you hear a crash behind you.

Spinning, you snap off several shots at the figure that has crashed down out of your ceiling. It rolls to the side, and then launches itself at you. You fall backwards, the force of the impact sending your pistol flying from your hand. You give an adrenaline fueled lurch and send the monster hurling over you into the hallway. You quickly roll to your feet, looking around wildly for your gun. As the creature gets up you see your dog barrel into it from behind, slamming it back down into the ground with his teeth clamped onto its shoulder.

Thinking quickly, you dash back into your room, where you grab another gun and a bandolier of ammo and grenades off the top of your dresser. You turn back just in time to have the body of your loyal dog crash into you. A moment later your new pistol is kicked from your hand. You lash out with your foot, catching the monster in the knee and toppling it to the ground. You throw your poor dog's body on top of it and dive over the bed. Knowing that you have almost no chance of beating this thing without a gun, you grab one of the grenades off of your bandolier and pull out the pin. As the creature leaps over the bed at you, you grab it by the throat and jam the grenade down it's ugly gullet. "See you in hell, monster!" You growl at it as its claws rip frantically into you. A few seconds later the world explodes, and you drift quietly into death.

For chaoticjosh:
You head off to Org's house. As you near it, you hear a loud bang. Running up to the gate, you can see that one of the windows has shattered. You quickly pick the lock and head in. Walking carefully around the house you peer in through the shattered window. On the floor of the room you see the body of a doppelganger, it's head blown off. Org lies nearby, his body ripped by shrapnel and doppelganger claws, eyes staring lifelessly up at the ceiling. On the other side of the bed lies the body of a dog, it's fur matted with blood.

From the weapons and military paraphernalia scattered around the room, it was obvious that Org was a war vet. And one the went down fighting, to boot.

For Beacon80:
You trail chaoticjosh from a safe distance as he heads off to Nuke's. After a short while he leaves and heads back home. You check in on him a few times throughout the night, but nothing happens and you return to your house to catch a little bit of sleep before the day's trials.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 13, 2009, 03:10:02 pm »

Night 4

For Dopps:

Hunger gnaws at your bellies. Pork is food, but not filling. Not enough. You need human flesh, and Pandarsenic himself has decided to hunt for it.

He departs for chaoticjosh's house, his thoughts tinged with the red of hunger and bloodlust. The house is quiet when he arrives, although there is a light on in the kitchen. Chaoticjosh stands inside, apparently fixing some late night snack. Pandarsenic smashes the kitchen door down with a single powerful kick, claws out and mouth wide. His prey spins around and drops into a fighting crouch, a steak knife in hand. Panda slashes out with his claws, missing flesh but ripping through josh's loose shirt. He stabs with the knife, a blow easily dodged by the faster doppelganger. Next comes a hurled plate, which Panda ducks. It shatters against the wall behind him. He rushes forward, grabs the knife arm, and does a spinning throw. Chaoticjosh flies down a hallway to crash into a table, where he lies crumpled in its shattered remains.

As the hungry doppelganger begins to walk towards it incapacitated prey a bullet smashes into the doorjamb by his head. Another crashes through the kitchen window, and he can hear a voice screaming at him to die. The instinct for hunger wars with that to survive, but survival wins out. Frustrated and furious the doppelganger crashes his way through the front door and out into the night.

You subsist on pork again for dinner. The herd of pigs is thinning, though, so even if pig was acceptable you'd need human flesh soon.

For chaoticjosh:

You spend the evening investigating Pandarsenic. After most of the night is spent listening to bugs, watching hidden cameras, and other such surveillance you can come to no other conclusion then he is a normal human.

Tired and hungry, you head down to your kitchen to make a snack before going off to bed. As you slice some cheese for your sandwich your kitchen door crashes down. Before you stands the largest doppelganger you've seen yet. It stalks towards you, claws out and fangs barred. Though eyeless, it seems to stare right through you, and you can sense the hunger emanating from it. You stab at it with your knife, and it dodges backwards. You fling your plate at it, but the creature ducks with almost unnatural swiftness, and the plate crashes against the wall. As it rushes you, you try to stab it again, but it grabs your arm and lifts you up. You are spun and hurled down the hallway. You hear a crash, and then the world goes dark.

You awaken on your couch, an ice pack on your head and bandages across your chest. Your head hurts. Your ribs hurt. But at least you're alive. A note on the coffee table simply says 'You're welcome'.

For Beacon80:

You check on chaoticjosh throughout the night. It goes quietly, for the most part, like most nights…for the most part.

As you check on him one last time, your emergency medical kit in one hand and an old hunting rifle in the other, you hear a crash from the back of his house. Dropping the bag You race around to the back, just in time to see chaoticjosh hurled out of the kitchen by the largest doppelganger you've seen yet. You quickly fire off a shot of your rifle. The bullet misses by a good foot or so, but it causes it to duck and stop its advance towards josh. You scream at it to die, and fire another bullet. This one misses even more, crashing through the window. But you seem to have scared it, as it rushes away through the house. You hear another crash, and as you enter the kitchen you can see that it has broken through the front door and vanished into the night.

After carefully checking around for a while to make sure it's gone, you retrieve your bag and check on Josh. He's unconscious, and at the very least has some bruised ribs from crashing into a table in the hallway. But he'll live. You make him comfortable on the couch, get an ice pack for his head, and wrap up his side. You leave a short note on his table saying 'You're welcome', and head back home.
Come play Mafia with us!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 13, 2009, 05:36:12 pm »

Meph... your stories are awesome but they could be a bit shorter...

Or at least bold the important parts like who died and what role he was.  It was tiring when I was in a hurry to try to find out what had happened.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 13, 2009, 05:41:31 pm »

Yeah, I can start bolding important bits in the future. I enjoy the writing exercise, though, so I think I'll keep the longer post lengths. And I think it adds some more enjoyment to the game, especially when the PM is telling you how you died.
Come play Mafia with us!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 13, 2009, 05:44:15 pm »

yeah... they ARE funny... So keep them long but bold the parts.  :)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 13, 2009, 08:37:45 pm »

I'm fully in support of stories without bolding names and such... On the night I was killed, I was reading excitedly to see what had happened, eager to find out if I had made it through the night, or fallen victim to the doppleganger. It added something to this game, and I really appreciate the immersion that Meph's stories create.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41