Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The spinning shuriken strikes the ragdoll in the lower arm. It explodes in gore  (Read 6358 times)

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like this demo, very promising. Is it just forever going to be stuck in the one place fighting tougher and tougher bosses? or will there be movement of the Player Character?
yus (wasd).It will be side-scrolling, only I haven't decided whether the camera will lock when you encounter enemies or not.Also...
.Does no one want to draw a cat to be sploded?
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

I like this demo, very promising. Is it just forever going to be stuck in the one place fighting tougher and tougher bosses? or will there be movement of the Player Character?
wasd moves
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

So, there will be jumping, and moving, but what are you going to use S for?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'S'tabbing :P
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Crouching?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile

What exactly is "Vectoring" D:
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

as in "vector art"? it meant art drawn at runtime by the program at runtime as opposed to loaded from a file.
feel free to correct me/explain it better.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

Normally, a bitmap is made out of a bunch of pixels, each with their own color values. Basically tiny dots. You probably know that.

A vector picture, on the other hand, is basically a bunch of shapes whose size is only given relative to the others. When you resize a vector picture it avoids the ugly pixelation effects of bitmaps.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

NICHAEY! UPDATE YOU BASTARD!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

Normally, a bitmap is made out of a bunch of pixels, each with their own color values. Basically tiny dots. You probably know that.

A vector picture, on the other hand, is basically a bunch of shapes whose size is only given relative to the others. When you resize a vector picture it avoids the ugly pixelation effects of bitmaps.

Pfft. I would contribute but unfortunatly I have no idea how to make vector art.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pfft. I would contribute but unfortunatly I have no idea how to make vector art.
If you have access to flash you can use that. If not, there are ways to convert standard bitmap into vector. It would just turn out slightly different then the origional.

NICHAEY! UPDATE YOU BASTARD!
I've been pretty negligent/busy over the last few days because my friend let me borrow her very powerful laptop to DF with while she went on a trip :D. I'm not going to be in town for the next few days, so don't expect anything worthwhile until later in the week.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

pretty big update. We have some speed settings and a lot of non working buttons. Biggest update is a minigame under the tutorials section. See if you can beat my high score of 1104.

game:
http://www.truploader.com/view/372513
my highscore:
http://www.truploader.com/view/614450

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Where did the blood go? Also, how can I get back to the title screen?
I've played some mafia.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently you can adjust the gore in the options menu. As far as going back to the title screen, I can't help you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3