Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade caravans dropping everything and leaving  (Read 1184 times)

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
Trade caravans dropping everything and leaving
« on: July 18, 2009, 06:10:20 pm »

So I have a problem that if I have everything forbidden on death the trade caravans will go to set up shop, all of their goods will be marked forbidden and then they will leave, dropping everything they have. It really seems to be forbidding corpses that does it. I guess it's the breaking down of the wagons, which seem to be creatures.

Unfortunately if I don't forbid on death my dwarves will constantly run out to pick up dead wolves and stuff that giant bats have killed. It usually ends up badly for them.

Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".

personofshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade caravans dropping everything and leaving
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 06:45:03 pm »

Turn off dwarves gather refuse from outside?

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
Re: Trade caravans dropping everything and leaving
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 07:32:31 pm »

Alas, that is such a pain. Dwarves won't even follow dump orders if you tell them to ignore outside refuse. That means no gathering of corpses for bones ... although my Legendary bonecrafter will happily truck across the map to get two groundhog bones to make bolts out of, exposing himself to the creature that did in the groundhog in the process.
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".