Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 36475 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1
« on: March 15, 2009, 06:48:11 am »

Hi there. You may be here in order to learn more about the cyclops system and how SPACE PIRATES ASCII BATTLE came to be. Well, look no further, the answer undoubtedly lies in these pages. Somewhere.
Yeah, I'll make a summary soon to put here. In the meantime, just skim through my posts- they contain all relevant information.

Well, I tried. Three times. To make this turn. I just couldn't think of anything to do. I'm afraid that the cold hand of locking be upon this thread. Maybe, in a few weeks, I'll start another RTD. One which is easier to run. Maybe not.
I think I'll start a new forum game of some kind soonish. I'm actually thinking about making the (completely mock) empire building system alluded to in the past few turns work as a forum game. Wouldn't that be fun?
Anyway...
Sorry.
NUKE9.13

RIP SPACE PIRATES RTD
March 15th-June 14th
Died of lack of inspiration
PS: Seriously, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:22:25 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hey why not.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:48:45 am »

I am a player. Also, a Space Pirate if possible.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 08:01:21 am »

Guess I have enough time for a third RtD. My vote's for Blank canvas. 'cuz chaos is fun.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 08:28:15 am »

Space pirates! Space pirates!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 09:48:16 am »

I will join and mandate blank canvas for randomness.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 10:02:41 am »

I'll join.

Space Pirates! Space Pirates! Or something in space!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 10:06:53 am »

I join. SPACE PIRASTES!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 11:24:53 am »

Avast me hearties! Ye have chosen SPACE PIRATES!

SPACE PIRATES sail around the cosmos on SPACE SHIPS ranging from space sloops to space frigates. Space ships are driven by large solar sails driven by a combination of MAGIC and SCIENCE. They resemble 17th-18th century sailing ships for some reason.
They are all Pirates of the Caribbean romantic, with the pillaging and the sword fights and the twisted honesty. Whilst the GOVERNMENT is evil.
The totally not-farfetched explanation is the following. In 2010 scientists discovered magic. They used this magic to rapidly advance technology and make Einstein roll around in his grave- the infamous February 2013 'necromancer' prank. Space travel became possible, and so the USE (United states of earth) sent out colony ships to colonise the universe. The surrounding galactic neighbourhood (I knows no astronomy, no whining) was colonised quickly, but man had his greedy eye set upon the Cyclops neighbourhood- a group of stars separated from the earthen neighbourhood by a vast nebula.
In march 2107 the first space ship- now refined to utilise magical atmosphere & gravity generators- made the journey across the vast nebula, and went into orbit around 'Earth 2', the most earth like solar system. Colony ships were sent to colonise the many planets in the Cyclops system, and soon wealth started flowing back from cyclops to earth.
With these riches came strife, obviously. Outlaws built crude space stations orbiting Darksun, from where they robbed the government-controlled colonies. Rebellions and coups led to some planets and spacestations declaring independance. In response, the government increased military budget in the area, leading to an uneasy peace.

Now then.

You six were peasants on a random grainshed planet. One day a captain with a second hand space sloop came looking for crew in your neighbourhood. You all volunteered, and got chosen. Lucky you. A week later you set off. The captain sat around doing nothing most of the time whilst you scrubbed the decks, pulled the space rigging and navigated asteroid fields. After a few weeks of this, you all joined together to mutiny against the evil captain, and threw him over board. After some fiddling with the gravity generator you left him behind. With but three fine days sailing to cyclops, you wonder what to do next.

A checking of the hold reveals that the captain was an idiot. The entire hold is filled with cheap alcohol. Alcohol is forbidden on Cyclops prime, the main spacestation orbiting cyclops. The only other space station orbiting cyclops is Smuggles, the barely legal privatley owned spacestation.
The captains map is what we call 'shoddy'. It shows the six suns of the cyclops system, and their respective orbitees, but gives no other information, the sort you might need to do decent business.
Spoiler: Ship information (click to show/hide)

Right then. Start the chaos. In one turn you will arrive in the Cyclops system. You currently all have no skills and a basic uniform.
To do list:
  • Name ship
  • Choose where to go in Cyclops. Either C1, in which case you must throw the booze over board, or Smuggles.

Nothing to crazy, hmmn?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:21:47 am by NUKE9.13 »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 11:26:43 am »

Ship:The Planks of Guilding

Smuggles

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 11:28:22 am »

Wait, do we all have individual ships or is this a unified thing?

Sans context.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 11:30:37 am »

Wait, do we all have individual ships or is this a unified thing?

Unified. You're all on the same ship. You have to argue about what to call it.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 11:43:48 am »

If there is still space then sign me up

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 11:49:21 am »

I'll go with whatever, I dont really care.

Sans context.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 11:52:32 am »

If there is still space then sign me up
You can jump aboard in cyclops.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 12:03:07 pm »

We should go to Smuggles, as not having any money would be bad. We should name our ship The Valiant.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 08:46:14 pm by Nirur Torir »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33