Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ravagers (New race from the Metal Goblins thread)  (Read 830 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ravagers (New race from the Metal Goblins thread)
« on: March 15, 2009, 10:31:17 pm »

First off, the raw entries (these are meant to replace goblins, but you can add them straight in)

Entity raw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Creature_standard raw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I envision these as some dark god deciding to replace goblins with something much, much more dangerous in order to wipe out all life. The entity raw is not changed very much-these are basically goblins with the size and damblock to match a bronze colossus and bodies made out of iron. If the iron bodies does not give them the ability to resist magma, then I will need to give them fire immunity as well. They drop masterwork iron statues when they die, as well as the equipment they were wearing.

I haven't managed to test them yet, so if you decide to try them out and encounter any bugs or have any suggestions, fire away. They're not TRAPAVOID, but you suck if you beat them using stacked cage traps!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:18:09 am by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ravagers (New race from the Metal Goblins thread)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 02:07:28 am »

[MATERIAL:METAL:BRONZE] - shouldn't this be iron?

[INTELLIGENT] - shouldn't this be [CAN_CIV][CAN_LEARN] to make then hostile?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ravagers (New race from the Metal Goblins thread)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 02:17:13 am »

I based it off of goblins. They have babysnatcher, so they're hostile anyway, and having them hold off like goblins normally do doesn't strike me as a bad thing, considering five or six of these could probably take almost any military.

The material bit is correct, though, because I buggered up and only changed the material of their statue corpses.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.