Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human Fort Civ  (Read 691 times)

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Human Fort Civ
« on: March 16, 2009, 11:58:27 am »

I modded humans to be fort-playable but didn't change them in any way.

I brought along a bunch of booze, cos I'm used to that from dwarfs.... but none have the "needs alcohol to get through the working day" trait... what happens if there's no booze? They just drink water I assume? (there's plenty safe water on the map) They get a happy thought from drinking booze they like, just like food?

It's weird to play without the alcoholic imperative. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:00:14 pm by Chromie »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Humans and Booze?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 12:32:42 pm »

That is exactly right. They'll happily drink booze, but don't suffer any ill effects from not having it. Just make sure you have a well so that they don't get the unhappy thought for not having one.

At least, that was my experience with my Frost Giants, who don't' have the alcohol dependence either.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 12:53:38 pm »

It's the alcohol dependence tag. Without it, they treat it like a "water+"
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 04:21:37 pm »

so, if a human has no "prefers to drink prickle berry wine" or whatever in their personality, will they drink at all? Will booze_X -loving human prefer booze_Y to water, because they have a booze preference? Or will all humans prefer booze to water until the booze is gone?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:34:47 pm »

As far as I know, they will prefer booze over water if it is available, will get positive thoughts from drinking high quality booze (like sunshine) and will get good thoughts from drinking booze that they have a preference for. They will get a negative thought from drinking water without a well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human Fort Civ
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:01:04 pm »

:X when I trade as the humans, I get a double dose of human trade liason... no dwarf liason. I'd like to request some steel and dimple dye from 'em, how can I get em to come?