Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42405 times)

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 28: Wherein a monster is created
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2009, 05:50:19 am »

Wait is commanding my slaves Loyal subjects a free action?

If so i command my wasps to make friends with the new Mini Assault Robot, i command my zombie to pull me out and i help him do that

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 28: Wherein a monster is created
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2009, 06:12:38 am »

To the challenge, this is a guess but Shakespears Hamlet?

Anyways, I will keep ninja jumping forward.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 29: |Madness|
« Reply #242 on: April 27, 2009, 04:07:12 pm »

Wow, it's turn 29 already? I guess next turn I'll do another special event like I did for turn 20. Also, to all concerned; I have a plan for Emperor's character, one which will hopefully prove satisfactory for all.

Wait is commanding my slaves Loyal subjects a free action?

If so i command my wasps to make friends with the new Mini Assault Robot, i command my zombie to pull me out and i help him do that
You telepathically contact the waspswarm, and you tell them to play nice. You then tell the zombie bot out loud to help you get out of the wall. |He grabs you by the shoulders, and you tell him to pull on the count of three. |For some reason you thought that putting some mental power into the effort would be a good idea, so you focus your powers and use them just as the zombiebot is pulling you out. You miscalculated, and used too much power, and the zombiebot didn’t help to slow you down: You fly backwards! |You hit the opposite wall, and get knocked out by hitting your head on the wood.

Anyways, I will keep ninja jumping forward.
|You get up to a good rhythm with your wall jumps, and you easily traverse the swamp. You soon get to 330m, and you stop and catch your breath.

EDIT: NO I'M NOT I'M GOING TO RUN I'M GOING TO FIX THAT ROBOT
You are released from the clinic at 400m, and you immediately switch to your tool hands, and start working on the robot. | For some reason though, you thought that hitting everything with the hammer would help, and | |pieces of metal break off from the robot and fly at you! |You duck, and the pieces fly over your head harmlessly. The Earthbot isn’t too much worse for wear though, and you feel like you could still repair it. You also feel more used to your tool hands.

Emperor: Autorun
Emperor has gone stark raving mad! The only thought in his head now is to keep moving forward. |He tripped over his own feet a couple of times, but eventually he gets to 450m.

Run forward, kill Emperor with beamsword, free up playerslot.

|You are still a bit tired from all your gymnastics, so you opt to walk instead of run. You get to 430m.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
The wasp tries to be diplomatic with the mini assault robot, as per Aussie’s orders. |They ask the bot about his family, his weapons, and how he got to where he is today, and only receive curt responses from the robot. This combined with the fact that he’s sitting on their nest drives the wasps over the edge, so they attack him! |The wasps miss by quite a bit on their first charge, but they fly at the bot again! |The wasps in their fury missed again, and hit the ceiling somehow. |They bounce off though, and are quite undamaged.

Mini Assault Robot: At 150m, sitting on the ruined nest. Gets +1 accuracy. Hostile towards the waspswarm, and vice versa.
He returns fire on the Waspswarm using his mini machine gun! |Like all machine guns, it’s not very accurate, and the assault bot only makes some bullet holes somewhat near the wasps.

Robotic Zombie: In a small room above 270m. Using a grabbing attack, and gets +2 accuracy if it has a hold on an enemy. Causes plague rolls with successful bite attacks. A slave of Aussie.
|He tries to wake up the unconscious Aussie by shaking him awake. |He eventually causes Aussie to come to, but Aussie isn’t too happy about the rude awakening.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. Currently shut down. A slave of Shoruke. Possesses superior programming, of some kind, as well as a extremely smashed face.
He got a little more smashed up by Shoruke, but he should still be repairable.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Katsuun was absolutely correct in his guess of Hamlet. The line is actually part of the famous "to be or not to be" speech.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:14:43 pm by R1ck »
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 29: |Madness|
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2009, 04:20:34 pm »

Alright. Let's try that again. Go go gadget robot repair tool!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2009, 06:13:14 pm »

I will eat delicious mushrooms and rest for a turn.

Sans context.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 28, 2009, 01:20:08 am »

i tell the wasps to make friends again with the robot. i tell the zombie to follow me while i fly forward!

Watch out katsun!!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 28, 2009, 02:35:28 am »

[minor nagging]My speedwalking should've gotten me to 430 instead of 420[/minor nagging]

Try again, run forward, kill Emperor with beamsword.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2009, 04:14:07 pm »

[minor nagging]My speedwalking should've gotten me to 430 instead of 420[/minor nagging]
Good point. Fixed!

Turn 30 will arrive pretty shortly.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Almost Turn 30
« Reply #248 on: April 28, 2009, 04:48:44 pm »

Turn 30 Special!

Well, it's turn 30 now, pretty far into the game methinks, but nobody has even gotten to the halfway point of the hallway. And the last half of the hallway is designed to be much more difficult than the first, so my new guess of how long the game will be is about 70 turns.
Anyways, now some thoughts and such...(in spoilers!)

Spoiler: Future Secrets (click to show/hide)

Alright seriously now though, turn 30 is coming soon!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:40:33 pm by R1ck »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Almost Turn 30
« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2009, 05:14:14 pm »

So I'm awesome? Awesome!

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 30: Mushroom power!
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2009, 05:18:47 pm »

As promised, turn 30!

I will eat delicious mushrooms and rest for a turn.
You eat the delicious mushrooms that are in the shoe. |You suddenly feel more awake, and you feel like you can see things around you better! (Enemies get -1 accuracy against you for 3 turns). You’re sad that all the mushrooms are gone now though.

i tell the wasps to make friends again with the robot. i tell the zombie to follow me while i fly forward!

You tell the wasps telepathically to make friends with the robot. Then you tell the zombie bot to follow you, and you jump out through the open hatch, and try to fire up your mental flight powers. |You barely got them up before you hit the swamp, but you did it, and you fly forward leisurely. You stopped when you got to the end of the swamp at 300m.

Alright. Let's try that again. Go go gadget robot repair tool!
|You switch out your hammer hands for more constructive ones, and you collect up all the pieces of the Earthbot you can find, then start putting them together. You repaired about half of the bot’s face and wiring, but it’s going to take a little more work if it’s going to be fully functional again. (+1 to repairs to the bot)

Try again, run forward, kill Emperor with beamsword.
|You strut forward, with your beamsword in hand. You got to 470m!

Emperor: Autorun
Emperor tries to keep running forward mindlessly. |He barely kept ahead of Siquo, but got to 480m safely.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
The wasps try to patch up the rift between themselves and the mini assault robot. |Their calls for a truce go unheeded by the bot, and he prepares for another attack!

Mini Assault Robot: At 150m, sitting on the ruined nest. Gets +1 accuracy. Hostile towards the waspswarm, and vice versa.
He fires at the wasps with a rocket barrage! |The rockets hit just in the center of the swarm but |the weak explosions don’t harm the wasps exoskeletons.

Robotic Zombie: At 280m. Using a grabbing attack, and gets +2 accuracy if it has a hold on an enemy. Causes plague rolls with successful bite attacks. A slave of Aussie. Will take damage from swamp starting next turn.
He tries to follow master Aussie through the swamp. He jumps down from the wooden room and |lands safely in the swamp. He starts wading. |He got to 280m. The swamp isn’t very good for a robot, so he’ll start taking damage rolls next turn.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. Currently shut down. A slave of Shoruke. Possesses superior programming, of some kind, as well as a moderately smashed face.
He got a little repaired by Shoruke. (+1 to repairing him).

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

As I did for turn 20, once again this is a challenge everyone can win!
Create a short bio of your character, with things like where they live, where they work, and why or how they got on the show. The bio must be at least 30 words long.
Anyone who submits a bio of their character will get a bonus of +1 to any action, but the bonus must be used by turn 35.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 30: Mushroom power!
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2009, 05:31:48 pm »

Wall-run forward, jump and slash at Emperor.

Bonuses yay!

Siquo was an engineer at a large corporation, which handles a lot of defense (military) contracts. He recently designed sliding doors and pressure switches, to be used in hallways. Shortly after, he was fired, and had to sign a non-disclosure about everything he knew, forfeiting his life, limbs, liberty and soul if he broke the contract. With no money, no family to talk to (they're pretty autistic as well), no wife, no children and, God forbid, friends, he signed in for this show.

He recognises the sliding doors, though. And the pressure plates.

And has a sudden feeling

he's not going to leave this show alive.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2009, 05:33:41 pm »

Shoruke Pica lives in the University of Alberta, as a guardsman for the UofA's Engineering Building's Robotics Department. They need a guard because, as with the University of Saskatchewan, the Engineering Building is in continuous war with the Aggro (agriculture) Building. The UofA had applications for a game show involving winning lots of money and becoming Steenking rich, so naturally I took one and submitted it.

As for right now, I guess I'm going to finish repairing that robot using the bonus I hope I just earned with that bio.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2009, 12:43:53 am »

Aussieguy is a fireman, when he was younger with the love of controling things made him want to be a leader of the world but his mum put some sense into him. He joined the game show because of the magic involved.

I could control anything with magic...

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2009, 06:05:56 am »

I'll use my movement roll bonus and keep JUMPING forward. Ninja-style of course.

Bio:
Katsuun Pertussis, from a young age, loved to sing. She spent her days honing her skill, serving as backup singer to some cult band and spending her spare time recording themes for anime shows, as her family was Japanese in ancestry. Upon her adulthood, she was employed under a contract to serve as a full time artist. However, following the recession and the subsequent shut down of her studio, she wandered aimlessly for a long time.

She signed up for the race in the hopes that winning might jump start her career. Also, she is becoming a ninja, so thats awseome as well.

Sans context.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31