Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 41863 times)

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! - Turn 1: Trip attack!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 11:26:01 pm »

Woah double sixes!

i run forward

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 02:19:25 am »

Screw the cat, I run forward!

Typical that he manages to trip the only one actively trying to evade him :P I'll get you next time, fireman, next time!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 06:09:49 am »

I take a running start and jump kick the nearest person to me.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 04:03:20 pm »

Okay, turn 2 is incoming. I made up a new rule that discourages cowardice, check it out under "Game Terms".

Also, saying that you run all the time won't help out your movement rolls. I consider 2 to be a slow walk, 3 to be a regular walk, 4 to be a fast walk, 5 to be a jog, and only 6 to be a real run.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 04:08:45 pm »

Wow, you kinda screwed Siquo with that change.

Not that I mind having less competition when racing towards 10mil.

And precisely what am I supposed to do besides run?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 04:39:38 pm »

Yeah, an Engineer and cowardice go hand-in-hand. I propose the engineer is exempted from cowardice penalties  ;D

But anyhow, since the cat is at 0m, I am at 0m, and Aussie is at 0m, the cat could still attack Aussie. *Crosses fingers for Cosmic Karma*

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! - Turn 2: Jump kick action
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 05:45:16 pm »

Okay, here's the turn, with the first combat. So the rules for combat have been placed in the game terms spoiler.
Rabid Cat
|The rabid cat robot tries to jump at Siquo! |But due to its programmed insanity, it jumps at a wall instead. |It hits the wall hard, and is severely smashed up! |It’s internal parts are completely crushed, and it is now a heap of mechanical parts.
i run forward
|You start to jog forwards, but as you pass near Katsuun, he jump kicks you! |He hits you in the side! |You are thrown into a wall, and your right arm is broken. You did manage to get to 10m though.

I take a running start and jump kick the nearest person to me.
|After brutally kicking Aussie, you are tired, and you walk slowly rather than running. You got 10m further. You also gained 2exp to jump-kicking skill.

Keep on runnin'!
|You continue onwards, and you jog forward 80m.

I keep running.
|Just as you are about to keep going, |A orc robot falls through a trapdoor in the ceiling. It is armed with an axe, and looks like it is itching for a fight.

Screw the cat, I run forward!

|You observe the cat throwing itself into the wall, then start walking quickly forward. You pass by Katsuun and poor Aussie, and soon arrive at the 60m(50+10) mark. 

NPCs
Orc Robot: At 80m. Holding an axe which gives it +1 to damage. Is undamaged.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Man, coming up with turn continuity is tough. Anyways, here's the second challenge of the game, which will give a bonus of +1 to rolls involving fantasy in some way. Now:
What was the exact date the first version of Dwarf Fortress was released? The first person to post the answer will receive the bonus.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:51:53 pm by R1ck »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 06:00:17 pm »

(August 8, 2006)

Keep running forward. No remorse.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 06:06:12 pm »

I reprogram the robot to be my unwavering servant.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 11:43:45 pm »

Keep running!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 12:22:04 am »

i attack katsun

your are DEAD!!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 03:50:42 am »

(August 8, 2006)

Added clause: If I encounter the Orc Robot, I will make a slide between its legs, and continue speedwalking.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 06:10:43 am »

I dodge Aussie Guy then continue to try jump kicking people.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile

Siquo's added clause made me write some rules up about passing. Game rules is getting filled up!

i attack katsun
your are DEAD!!
|You run up to Katsuun, and throw a punch at him! |You hit him in the head, |knocking several teeth out, and knocking him down hard! |Katsuun is not seriously injured however, and so jumps up, and prepares for another jump kick.

I dodge Aussie Guy then continue to try jump kicking people.
|You completely miss Aussie with your jump kick, and you hit the wall feet first. |You hit the wall with such force that you sprained your ankle. You will also be dizzy for 1 more turn. 

I reprogram the robot to be my unwavering servant.
|You easily shut down the evil robot and begin your attempt to reprogram it. |You quickly cracked the advanced systems, and you even managed to make some improvements to the existing code. The orc is now your unwavering servant, is un-reprogrammable, and has a innate +1 to accuracy rolls.

(August 8, 2006)
Added clause: If I encounter the Orc Robot, I will make a slide between its legs, and continue speedwalking.
|You attempt to start running and…|easily succeed to do so despite the fact that you are an out of shape engineer. You soon pass by Shoruke and his orcbot, and after a while longer, you arrive at the 150m mark. |Suddenly a bright light flashes, and you close you eyes to avoid going blind. When you open them again, you see a cardboard box in front of you. | You open it, and find a small garter snake inside. It doesn’t look too friendly, but you know that it’s completely harmless.

Keep running!
|You continue to capitalize on your lead, and you keep running like Forrest Gump. At the 200m mark, you find a closed metal door that doesn’t have a handle, as well as a large floor switch. |You know this is some sort of puzzle, but you only succeed in making your head hurt by thinking about it. |As you are thinking, a large white box with a pretty red bow falls out of the ceiling. |Inside, you find a glowing green orb of some sort.

Orc Bot: At 80m. A servant of Shoruke. Has a axe which gives +1 to damage rolls, and has innate +1 to accuracy rolls. Programmable by nobody but Shoruke.
The Orc bot is eager to please it’s new master, and attempts to make an awesome cape out of it’s own shirt. |The cape is poorly made, but is still wearable.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

If you see any errors please tell me.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 03:57:59 pm by R1ck »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

I quickly resort to slowing everyone up by using my epic voice and singing a ballad to try and get everyone asleep.

Sans context.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31