Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42192 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 17: Epic fails, and mysterious thermoses
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2009, 11:13:45 pm »

I grab some plants from the Swamp and patch my wound up before running forward.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2009, 11:41:54 pm »

Ya know, in 3 turns in the infirmary, I didn't get a single auto-succeed.  :'( This show needs better doctors.

Anyway, I'm going to continue my trek through the swamp with my SwampWalker Shoes of Awesomeness. Or my Awesome Plant Shoes, as R1ck calls them.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2009, 12:00:06 am »

stuff the yellow orb i fly forward

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2009, 03:09:32 am »

Dry my clothes using the heat of my beamsword. Then wall-run forward again.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2009, 10:39:49 am »

I tie the mshrooms together into rope then ninja jump onto the croc and tie the rope around its muzzle to attempt to use it as a mount, again.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 18: The mini-croc strikes again!
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2009, 10:42:48 pm »

Overall an epic turn. You could almost think that I rigged the results to be extra epic, but I didn't.

Sorry about the lateness of the turn, I was unco sick yesterday(I still am a bit today...)
stuff the yellow orb i fly forward
|You succeed at using your mental powers once more, and you fly to 150m.

I grab some plants from the Swamp and patch my wound up before running forward.
|Your side wound isn’t bleeding nearly as much anymore. You attempt to go back to the swamp so that you can get some plants that would heal you up for good. |You are about to start walking the 50m back to the swamp when |a mysterious duststorm starts up! When it ends, you see a wooden barrel in front of you. You open the barrel using your pitchfork. |You find a vast variety of swords in the barrel, some long, some short, some rusty, some razor sharp. You are carrying too much stuff already to take any of them now.

Anyway, I'm going to continue my trek through the swamp with my SwampWalker Shoes of Awesomeness. Or my Awesome Plant Shoes, as R1ck calls them.
The hospital staff let you out at 260m, as they promised. You attempt to start walking on the swamp. |Despite your wooziness, you got to 320m! You feel a bit silly wearing your Awesome plant shoes now, since they provide no benefit outside the swamp, plus they are a bit ugly.

Dry my clothes using the heat of my beamsword. Then wall-run forward again.
You try to dry your extremely wet clothing using your beamsword. | |You almost cut your briefcase in half through your overzealous movements. You clothing is now very dry.

I tie the mshrooms together into rope then ninja jump onto the croc and tie the rope around its muzzle to attempt to use it as a mount, again.
Mushroom...Rope...? |Well, alright, I'm not going to stop you.
You attempt to make a rope out of the delicious mushrooms. |You have created a rope which wouldn’t be able to keep a baby tied up. |You discover more of the same kind of mushroom! They more than make up for the amount you used.

Mini Croc:At 250m. Gets +1 to critical rolls. Deep Asleep(-2 to waking up rolls)
The mini-croc attacks Katsuun again! |The mini-croc hits him in the right hand with it’s tail! |All of the bones in the right arm are completely broken!| Katsuun is smashed into a wall, and his heart stops beating! A tranquilizer dart hits the mini-croc in the head again, and he falls asleep! A medical team rescues Katsuun, and gets his heart beating again quickly. |The doctors quickly determine that repairing all the bones in the arm will take quite a bit of time.(4 turns)

Goblinbot: At 230m. A loyal servant of Shoruke. Gets innate +1 accuracy. Gets +1 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to critical rolls. Completely waterproof.
|The goblinbot looks around for some treasure or something. |He finds a metallic crate, and he opens it up. |A hydrabot jumps out of the crate!

Hydrabot: At 230m. Gets 3 attacks per turn, and each attack gets -1 accuracy and +1 damage.
The hyrdrabot attacks the goblinbot! |The three attacking heads hit the wall instead of the goblinbot! | |The heads are smashed into little pieces, which fly at the goblinbot! |The metal pieces hit the goblinbot in the torso! | |The goblinbot’s body is lacerated by the flying pieces, and he dies from his injuries. The hyrdrabot is dead as well, since it needed at least 7 heads in order to keep functional.

WaspSwarm: At 140m. Loyal to Aussie. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for the second attack. The swarm is pretty depleted, but still in high spirits.
|The wasps decide that a rolling nest would be better than a flying one, and they try to convert the wings into wheels. |They weren’t very careful, and the nest fell from 2 metres up to the ground during the conversion. |The nest was almost crushed to nothing, but it could still be repaired.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Another dwarf fortress challenge!
What is the temperature when you are dead?
The first person to PM me the answer will get a +1 bonus to a crafting roll.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:56:24 am by R1ck »
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 18: The mini-croc strikes again!
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2009, 11:04:28 pm »

Drop arrow, grab the best sword and use my +1 to run forward.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2009, 11:46:00 pm »

Guess I'm gonna just set off running. I'm keeping the shoes, JUST IN CASE I have to walk on water or something later. Also, I take a very sharp sword from the barrel where Emperor is.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2009, 01:06:20 am »

I fly forward once again and i cmmand my wasps to become more smart

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2009, 02:49:13 am »

Dead bodies in DF are room-temperature!  ;D

Wall-run forward again. Demand XP for using the beamsword, albeit in a non-traditional manner.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2009, 06:02:05 am »

I allow myself to be healed then when I am discharged, I ninja jump back into the race.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 19: Great treasures have been found...
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2009, 12:46:03 pm »

Wow, someone actually used their bonus?!?!? Amazing.

On a completely different topic, I'm going to do something special next turn, in order to commemorate the 20th turn of Racing to the Finish.

I fly forward once again and i cmmand my wasps to become more smart
|You had a lot of trouble using your mental powers to fly, and you only got to 160m. You also received a headache.

Drop arrow, grab the best sword and use my +1 to run forward.
|Your wound continues to heal itself.(wound roll every second turn from now on)You drop the bloody arrow, and then look carefully at the swords in the barrel. |You manage to find a sword made out of a weird red gem of some kind. You feel like it could help you eliminate your competition. (See your status for its effects). |You start walking forward, and you admire your new deadly weapon along the way. You got to 380m.

Guess I'm gonna just set off running. I'm keeping the shoes, JUST IN CASE I have to walk on water or something later. Also, I take a very sharp sword from the barrel where Emperor is.
|You tripped, but you were not injured by your collision with the ground. You get to 330m.

Wall-run forward again. Demand XP for using the beamsword, albeit in a non-traditional manner.
The GM hears your demand, and concedes that you do deserve some experience, since you rolled such as high number. The GM also wonders about your reference to DF, and room temperature.
|You can’t get going at the sufficient velocity required for wall-running. You settle for plain walking. |You still managed to get to 300m. |You find an ornate golden treasure chest, and you open it up. |
You find a suit of light body armour in the chest. It would grant -1 to all damage and critical rolls against you, if you put it on.(Putting it on is a free action)

I allow myself to be healed then when I am discharged, I ninja jump back into the race.
|You practice your singing while you wait for the nurse to take you to the operating room. |It was a good performance, but nobody heard it…(+2 exp to “singer gal” skill)

Mini Croc:At 250m. Gets +1 to critical rolls.
The Mini-Croc tries to wake up. |Have you been half asleep, and have you heard voices? The mini-croc hears them calling his name. |The voices tell the mini-croc that he’s just dreaming, and the mini-croc wakes up!

WaspSwarm: At 140m. Loyal to Aussie. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for the second attack. The swarm is pretty depleted, but still in high spirits. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). There's only a few wasps left in the swarm.
As per Aussie’s orders, the wasps try to become smarter. |They tried to become smarter by smashing their heads against a nearby wall. |Somehow, that act of stupidity succeeded, and the wasps become smarter! (+1 to thinking what to do rolls). | |Many of the wasps died in the attempt though. The swarm only gets one attack per turn now.

TV Clinic Staff: In the Clinic.
The doctors of the shows clinic perform the necessary surgeries on Katsuun. |Katsuun is completely healed; even his missing teeth were replaced. But Katsuun will have to sleep off the surgery for a while. (Katsuun gets no action next turn)

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Nobody's won the last challenge yet, it's still wide open. Perhaps you are confused about how to send a PM? Just click on my name to the left there, then at the bottom of the profile it says "send this member a personal message". The solution to the question is equally easy to find.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 19: Great treasures have been found...
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2009, 12:53:39 pm »

My DF reference was the answer to your challenge.

Put on armor. Wall-speedwalk forward again, and Strike Shoruke with my beamsword. If I actually get a swing in, use my +1 luck roll.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2009, 01:01:45 pm »

My DF reference was the answer to your challenge.

Put on armor. Wall-speedwalk forward again, and Strike Shoruke with my beamsword. If I actually get a swing in, use my +1 luck roll.
Ah, I see now. I suppose I will give a hint then: Adventure mode. Check the Temperature when you're dead.

As to the second thing, there are no luck rolls in combat. But since you have mentioned that you wish to use your bonus, the next time you do get a luck roll, I will apply the bonus.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2009, 02:02:21 pm »

I get irritated and just hijack the nearest ambulance and drive back to the race course.

Sans context.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31