Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: The HitchHikers Guild to the Dwarfish Galaxy, (Open to Succession)  (Read 21271 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: The HitchHikers Guild to the Dwarfish Galaxy, NEED RECRUITS!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 10:17:14 am »

Id love to take the Mechanic.

Name: Ronkiv

Great story i'v read these books a 5-7times now.
Looking forward every update.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile

Next post underway, I got photoshop back so Im cropping pics much faster
Also...
Current spots open are for:

*Engraver -- DaPatman
*Hunter -- darkrider2
AnimalCaretaker
Woodcrafter
*WoodWorker -- Nil
FisherDwarf
Miller
Tanner x 2
*Butcher -- Randall
Herbalist
Lye Maker
*Soap Maker -- dermonster
*Mechanic -- martinuzz
*Siege Operator -- head (mechanic taken already)
Peasant x 4
Wrestler x 5
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:10:02 am by Crossroads Inc. »
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 06:47:12 pm »

What about my guy?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 07:29:39 pm »

What about my guy?
You got in on the last immigration wave. Currently your chopping wood.

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 08:02:19 pm »

I, as a butcher shall protect the fortress from the evils of catsplosion
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 08:10:51 pm »

hey man, I'll nab that woodworker.  he should be characterized by ever-increasing levels of human-philia, owing mostly to the fact that they don't share the dwarves' disdain for his chosen profession

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 08:58:53 pm »

I shall be the Engraver that ensures everyone is eating in a legendary dining room.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 01:48:27 am »

((cue music“Journey of the Sorcerer”))

It is a well-known fact that opposites attract.  The Hitchhikers guide of the Galaxy has much to say on this subject.  One of the thing it stats is that when two groups of differing people are forced together, quite often the more different they are, the easier they get along.  Naturally this makes little logical sense when studied, but few people seem to care.  Accuracy has never been a hallmark of The Guide after all.

Never the less it should be noted that the two groups of people who have indeed been forced to work together, one a group of psychotic, maladjusted, alcohol dependent and often deeply melancholy individuals, and the other, a team of Dwarfs.

Thus far the two have worked, relatively peacefully together.  After several rounds of binge drinking, Zaphod Beebleebrox seemed to have impressed the locals.  Trillian and the Lintillas continue to organize and plan most function, largely due to a lack of anyone with a high enough brain function to do so aside from Marvin who currently spends his day as he has always done.  Sulking.

“Marvin? The Dwarfs say it’s vital we start work on this forge before winter sets in and we all really appreciate you helping us.  You will help us right?” Spoke one of the Lintillas.  Marvin gave her a glance that had billions of years behind it.
“Yes, but not out of any sort of personal obligation to your cause, but only because the continuation of menial labor, Any sort of labor at this point, helps to distract me form the numbing pain in all the diodes down my left side.”  He sulked as he proceeded to cleave rock from rock with a fury that impressed all of the Dwarfs watching behind him.

“Aye look at it go!”
“Wish we had even one Golem like that back at the Mountainhomes, think of the work it could do!”
“Aye but its not a proper Golem, It’s a metal one, one of them “clockwork” golems.  I read about them in the ancient texts.”  Said Mr.Bean, the apparent Leader of the Dwarfs. This sparked their interests; they always seemed interested in ‘ancient texts’
“Theres only a handful of these “metal” golems, the StarPeople call them “Robots”. This brought a round of nods form the other Dwarfs, all them making an effort to appear knowledgeable without actually knowing anything on the topic at hand.

“Aye, What do they say of some of the others?
“It’s a bit vague, mostly only passing references.  Oddly, one of the few well-recorded accounts has to do with other set of visitors from the stars.
“Oh? Do tell Mr.Bean. I canna recall anything like that before.” Spoke up “Rawtooth”
“Indeed so, A Human, a Cyclops and a metal golem, eh ‘Robot’ came in a great Green ship.  There is little on what happened when they arrived; only that their ‘robot’ stole some of the greatest treasures of our ancient Kings.”

The Log of Mr.Bean The Grim
It has been almost two months since we have arrived and there is much to record.  Winter has come in full force, the ice hangs from the trees outside and snow chills our bones.  We are fortunate that with the help of the StarPeople, our future forge has been mined out.  While it will not be till spring when we can let Armoks Blood flow into it, the heat from being so close warms us all. Even the StarPeople have moved underground for the winter with us as we draw heat from Armoks Blood.

Still I fear our food stocks may not last.  There is beer to drink and dried fruit, but our meat is down to almost nothing.  While the ground freezes outside and the Wolves roam the hills, there is meat to be had outside. 

I fear not the cold or the chill, my Crossbow has served me well and shall see me through to bring back bounty to our new fortress.

Next Episode! The Saga of Mr.Bean vs the Wilderness!!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:04:39 pm by Crossroads Inc. »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 10:05:38 pm »

yes this is all well and good but there is a slight problem here.

merely the fact that most of this was copied almost word for word from https://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=132707&start=25

unless you are the same guy.

additionally, i just registered now.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 12:52:49 am »

You mean the user that is also listed as "Crossroads Inc?" :P
I stopped doing it there largely because there just isn't as much of an interest in Dwarf Fortress...

On another note, UPDATE:
((cue music“Journey of the Sorcerer”))

The depths of winter have come and gone.. The snows around the new walls of "TallLabored" slowly begin to receded as day by day life begins to come back into the surrounding country side..

Down bellow in the depths of what will become the newly designed forges, the Dwarfs along with Trillian and Lintilla plan out the tasks for the new year.

"Ach ye Big Jobs, first things first, its long past time we put Armoks Blood to get use and get these forges lit! There are veins of Copper, Iron and even some Silver round here we be eager to ge working on."  Trillian nodded.

"Getting a functioning metalworks would certainly make things easier.  We lost most of our tools and personal items on the Heart of--, eh, on our "SkyChariot" And I don't know abut the rest of you but I've sorely missed simple things like a good knife and fork."  Lintilla nodded.

"Of course but it won't be that easy, there are some nasty little things actually, living n that Laval and I don't wan them getting into our settlement." Lintilla added as a Mr "Rawtooth" held up an hand.

"Leave that ta me matie, we've have been dealing with those beasties for thousands of years, the best way to keep'em out is with a good ol' grate" He said holding up some dark Red Stone. 

"Bauxite! My word I didn't know there where deposits around here, where ever did you find this?" Lintilla asked examining the red Stone closely.

"During the Winter Mr.Bean found a small deposit on the far side of the mountain.. There isn't much, but it's enough to make some bars to keep out any unwanted guests."

By the end of the Day the bars were installed.  Down in the carved out tunnels below the soon to be forge, Lintilla looked impressed.
"It's amazing to think in another day or so all of this will be full of Magma.  Oh the heat it will give off will warm the whole Cave during the winter and we can finally begin to work on metals!" 'Rawtooth nodded'
"Aye indeed so, this place will become the living heart of this Fortress mark my words.  We should let Mr.Bean know of this!" Lintilla looked up.
"That reminds me, I haven't seen him all day, he missed the meeting to, do oyu have any idea where he's gone off to?"

At the moment, Mr.Bean was deep in still cold woods.
All Winter he had been forced inside, living off meager rations and the small amount of food from the Plump Helmets.. Now at last he could hunt...

He had spotted a pair of Deer from across the woods, Crossbow in hand he let go the trigger, his bolts raced across and bored deep into the Deers flanks!!! But this was no easy kill.  Wounded the Deer turned on him and charged forward! It's eyes red with rage as soon it closed the space between it and Mr.Bean.
"So Thats the way it's gonna be eh? Come and Get Some!" The Dwarf bellowed as the Deer bore down on him.

Suddenly in a fight for his life, Mr.Bean grabbed the Corssbow around, bring it hard down into the Deers upper sides, its antlers bored down into his chest and he could feel his ribs crack! The Dwarf struggled to keep the Deers deadly antlers from striking into his chest yet again and dodged a great strike form it's head. Fighting furiously he brought the Iron Crossbow down again and again against its body and then smashed into it's head.

With a slow lumbering THUD, the Deer finally gave into Pain and toppled over.

"Oh Look, eh, 'Rawtooth' was it? I think I see your 'Bean' fellow over there!" Lintilla remarked, the two of them working on adding Bauxite Mechanism to the main Drawbridge...
"Bloody Hell would ya look at that" Exclaimed the Dwarf as Mr.Bean hauled back his fresh Kill.
"What ye two gawking out? Theres fresh meat tonight and plenty more where that came from!" He said as without a second thought to his cracked ribs, he grabbed some bone bolts and headed back out into the woods. Lintilla gawked.

"You really are a rather resilient people aren't you?"
Rawtooth grinned..

====
Next Episode! Merchants arrive as well as an Evil Ambush!!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:12:00 pm by Crossroads Inc. »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 12:56:09 am »

anyway, i would like to be dwarfed, into the greatest military dwarf you can make me.

hammer please, me gots some skulls to bash!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 01:09:39 am »

anyway, i would like to be dwarfed, into the greatest military dwarf you can make me.

hammer please, me gots some skulls to bash!
Sorry you doubted my good nature, its SOAP MAKER for you!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 07:31:40 am »

awe cmon! can you really blame me? yes you can but thats not the point

:'(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:33:50 am by dermonster »

Petra

• Bay Watcher
  • Vortex of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2009, 08:45:33 pm »

This is amazing. Keep it up!

Btw, can A dwarf called Petra be a spear dwarf?

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009, 11:10:54 am »

Hey! That was my soapmaker! This is all your fault dermonster! Very well then; now I shall request an epic hammerdwarf. His name shall be Stakud and his game shall be drinking on duty!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12