Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Symbionese Liberation Army in the news  (Read 2597 times)

cinque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Symbionese Liberation Army in the news
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 09:14:25 am »

Okay, i'll answer the real question.  If LCS didn't have the real-life inspiration it did, it would consist of its team members knocking on doors in slightly moderate neighborhoods asking the occupants to vote Democratic

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 09:27:01 am »

Asking people to vote on way or another?  Blasphemy!

Liberal canvassers go into neighborhoods which might have a slight demographic bias and try to get people to the polls.  And they might offer their own opinion on which way to vote.  But they definitely don't tell them how to vote!  Liberals have faith in the judgement of voters who happen to be black, union members, students at liberal colleges or government workers.  These must be free to make up their own mind before voting down the ticket democrat.

Or is the fact that the LCS would explicitly ask people to vote democratic supposed to be how their radicalism would manifest without the SLA as inspiration?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

cinque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 09:51:34 am »

Or is the fact that the LCS would explicitly ask people to vote democratic supposed to be how their radicalism would manifest without the SLA as inspiration?
Yes, it's just a joke.  Please.  We're talking about a game.  The lines seems to be getting a little blurry here 

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 10:06:35 am »

Yes it is. Um. I will not post, because I don't like blurry lines.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

cinque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 10:18:10 am »

I think that drawing real-life parallels can be very interesting, but I, personally, don't want to go so far as to debate politics in this particular arena

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 12:52:25 pm »

I was attempting serious bussiness for the lulz...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 02:29:23 pm »

I'll be honest, this thread has generated very few actual lulz, but several meta-lulz were traced.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, I think I know somebody related to one of the getaway drivers. I think my sister dated a guy who's aunt was an SLA member. I'll have to check with my family's historian and I'll get back to you all.
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

cinque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 03:34:35 pm »

If I had to give an answer, I don't think the Harrises were "CCS."  However, that doesn't come w/o significant reservations.  That new blog raises some very good points, especially regarding Teko's post-1st imprisonment career and the lack of media attention focused on the two of them.  Moreover, his statement to the court during his sentencing for the Opsahl killing was very mysterious-sounding.  Right before that time, he supposedly was still talking about he'd "lost 6 comrades," the "expropriations" he was involved in, and he was closing phone conversations with "venceremos."  Whether that reflects someone who was sticking to his guns(no pun intended) or continuing to affect a cartoon-character front is, of course, not known.

As for the rest of the original members being "CCS," Cinque, Fahizah, Zoya, Gabi, Cujo, Bo - no way.  Gelina, perhaps, i'd say no, but if so she sure got a raw deal out of it.  The only other possibility, and I don't think it's a strong one, is Osceola.  And that's only because, for the life of me, I can't understand why Russ Little is walking free and Joe Remiro is doing life.  I know that the latter took a couple of shots at a policeman, but that's not what he was convicted for.   
Pages: 1 [2]