Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: questions about going to trial  (Read 765 times)

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
questions about going to trial
« on: March 18, 2009, 09:08:22 am »

Going to trial has become a regular part of my game now.  Because of this I've got a few questions about it. 

A while a go Jonothan suggested he was convinced there should be a way to beat the escaping prision charge.  Has this happened yet?

Also, has anyone figured the upper limits for what you can get away with before going to trial and still walk away free?  This is assuming a juice of 1000 and maxed law skill on an average character (I don't know what that would be, maybe 15 or 16 each of INT and CHR).

I've had very much varied results myself.  On a 14 law 16 CHR character with 1000 juice I've got away with 80-100 murders easily.  In older versions my founder with his uncapped law skill could easily get away with 200-300 kills no problem, but things are signifigantly different now. Unfortunately I don't like to push the boundaries in these new versions.  It's hard to get people to 1000 juice, and maxing law either requires lots of court battles or grinding in the courthouse (which I dislike doing). 

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: questions about going to trial
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 09:20:48 am »

Snag a sleeper lawyer.  Either have someone sleep with the suit, or have your juiced up founder recruit them.

Work on your persuasion, it's almost as important as law skill in determining courtroom success.

The jury will tend to reflect the society of the time.  If the public is Elite Liberal, you're more likely to draw that kind of jury, which heavily favors your LCS members.

Make sure the LCS is popular, then you might have jurors who are fans of the members.

Don't put your founder at risk until you got a replacement.  If they get busted, make sure the squad on the outside is alive and functioning.

Be ready to free your members should society favor the death penalty.

Everyone's expendable.  Only the cause matters.

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:58:04 am »

Wow, I think you replied without even reading my post. 

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 11:03:01 am »

Going to trial has become a regular part of my game now.  Because of this I've got a few questions about it. 

A while a go Jonothan suggested he was convinced there should be a way to beat the escaping prision charge.  Has this happened yet?

Nope.

Also, has anyone figured the upper limits for what you can get away with before going to trial and still walk away free?  This is assuming a juice of 1000 and maxed law skill on an average character (I don't know what that would be, maybe 15 or 16 each of INT and CHR).

I've had very much varied results myself.  On a 14 law 16 CHR character with 1000 juice I've got away with 80-100 murders easily.  In older versions my founder with his uncapped law skill could easily get away with 200-300 kills no problem, but things are signifigantly different now. Unfortunately I don't like to push the boundaries in these new versions.  It's hard to get people to 1000 juice, and maxing law either requires lots of court battles or grinding in the courthouse (which I dislike doing). 

If you have that guy, you are even BETTER than the Ace Lawyer. And you don't have to worry about the Arch-Conservative rival either. I think you can get away with a lot.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 11:12:03 am »

Upper limits are going to vary significantly because there are a lot of random factors at play in trials.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 12:35:13 am »

The ace still has its uses in stacking the jury, which can be very useful if society is conservative.

A half dozen sleeper judges and a high stat sleeper lawyer are your best overall weapons against the courts, but for individuals, max law and persuasion plus high stats through juice are better then the sleeper. However, a sleeper lawyer gains skill as fast as a normal LCS member, plus can get it multiple times a month, IIRC.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.