Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infinitely collapsing glacial ice  (Read 2063 times)

Saktoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infinitely collapsing glacial ice
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:22:00 pm »

In an attempt to get some farmable mud on a glacial map, i collapsed (cave-in) some ice deep enough so that it would melt.

It worked, there is now a pool of water, some mud, but also a block of 'ice' that keeps giving 'A section of cavern has collapsed' messages and letting off lots of mist. Its not an ice WALL mind, its an ice floor- and it seems unable to melt, or unable to collapse properly. It spams the collapse message every frame (1200+ times now).

I just dug a trench on the spot, it destroyed the ice floor tile, so that fixed the error (after having to press spacebar several hundred times to get through the messages).

Saktoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infinitely collapsing glacial ice
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:45:00 pm »

Update: i now have 'Open space' where the ice collapsed, but underneath there is rock, not open space. I think some of the ice floor tiles did melt away, so now there is no floor tile in that spot- but there is still a block underneath the floor tile (usually you cant remove a floor tile without removing whats under it, IE channeling).

You cant walk on these 'empty spaces', and they look like a regular empty space but with a bright grey, instead of a black, background (IE, the colour of the rock underneath).

Qiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:43:31 am »

I'd like to bump this bug report because i didn't find it in the reported bug section and it just happened to me.

40d10
powerpc g5

trying to salvage my game back now  :-\  :'(

edit2: it's the right savegame now...i think...
here's the savegame : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyyuzj2rmy5
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 05:57:08 pm by Qiu »

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 03:33:14 pm »

OP, you need to email a save to Toady or include a link to your save in the body of your post. It also helps to mention what version you were using (though another poster did) or provide other vital information. Programmers need this stuff to fix problems :o
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.