Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Hamlet Liaison dies for no reason  (Read 3275 times)

Venturi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Hamlet Liaison dies for no reason
« on: March 21, 2009, 01:15:28 pm »

Dwarven Caravan shows up like normal, and the dwarf Liaison dies for no reason. I thought first it was friendly fire from the goblins showing up,so I save scummed, and tried again. After a few times with him always dying (in different area of my fort, well away from any traps/hazards) I save scummed again, and locked him in the room with my outpost leader, went back to moving stuff to the depot, and went to check on him and he died in the outpost leaders office. I checked the thoughts of my leader, she was content, but had just witnessed death.

I save scummed again.

This time I locked him in the office with my leader just long enough to complete the trade agreement, let him out and followed him as he left, he got out of my fort, ran to the middle of the map and just died for no apparent reason ( there was nothing around him )
I've checked him for wounds every time and he is healthy (except the bad habit of having a dwarven heartattack every time) I've missed a few caravans due to sieges, but thats about it. I still have the save
The only mod I have is the Orc mod.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Hamlet Liaison dies for no reason
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 02:38:55 am »

He may have died of old age.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 04:10:04 am »

He may have died of old age.

This is quite likely the cause, especially if there's a calendar change coinciding with his death.  I think deaths from old age aren't properly handled during worldgen right now, so historical figures blunder into a Fortress Mode game, the year ticks over, and the game suddenly notices they should have died 50 years ago.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 03:37:23 pm »

It's even better when your liason is missing a limb, because each time he goes home, he gets a new sock\glove\whatever for the missing limb, and notices upon reaching your fort that he doesn't need it, and drops it.

Liasons with critical\crippling wounds will be dumped at the edge of your map by the caravaners and left to rot :D
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.