Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So how exactly do I use molotovs?  (Read 2577 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
So how exactly do I use molotovs?
« on: March 21, 2009, 01:15:33 pm »

I can't just equip and throw them. I really want to destroy the CCS building without getting shot a ton of times.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: So how exactly do I use molotovs?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 01:20:11 pm »

IIRC, molotovs are bugged in the latest version and don't work at all.  I'll check on that in a sec.  But my method was always to just find some office worker and attack him with molotovs, then sneak around a bit so the flames have time to spread.  Best if you have a really sneaky agent.  And remember not to start the fire too close to your escape route.

Edit: I did a test run and my molotovs wouldn't start a fire.  Pretty sure they can't in this version.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 01:25:03 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 01:38:54 pm »

Sigh. How can I combat the CCS then?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 01:43:17 pm »

Go into the CCS base, spraypaint a bunch then kill a bunch of CCS members.  Sufficient crime shuts a site down.  A shut down CCS base becomes yours.

Wait for the CCS to reform and shut them down again at their new based.  They reform one last time and then they're gone for good.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 01:52:02 pm »

Cable News Anchor: "You said the LCS attacked the Bar and Grill. I know it was a very tramatic experience..."

Former CCS Enforcer: "The CCS commanders stated that the LCS is easy to defeat, that we could trimpuh with weapons and firepower. But when they started bursting into our base and spraypainting LCS all over the place...we all knew the war was over. We spent all that money on weapons, and no money on janitors, so we couldn't clean it up. We became the laughing stock of the International Terrorist Community. There was no way the CCS would continue."
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 02:05:06 pm »

Molotovs are broken? Why does nobody tell me these things? ??? :P

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 02:58:57 pm »

Molotovs are broken? Why does nobody tell me these things? ??? :P

Isn't this like the forth time I've mentioned this?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 06:10:06 pm »

Honestly, they seem to work ok in my game.  Well, the fires don't spread, but I've certainly seen liberals get burned.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 01:24:48 am »

I'm using 3.18.0, and molotov's work fine. Fire spreads, in fact I've used it to break into buildings without getting a B&E charge, and the weapons themselves work fine. However there is a problem with them. When you equip one molotov on a person, it counts as an empty weapon. You need to give 2 molotov's to a person for them to throw it. I just did a quick test, and it seems that a single molotov can be used repeatedly. In addition, a single molotov does NOT cause fires.

So to sum up my quick testing:
A single molotov equipped on a liberal counts as having no ammo, does not start fires, and does empty ranged weapon damage on impact. Used this way, they never run out of ammo, and never needs to be reloaded.
Multiple molotov's equipped on a liberal act properly, setting fire, disappearing when out of ammo, and dealing damage.

Edit: I'm using LCS win32 3.18.0 on wine on linux ubuntu

The problem seems to be that the first molotov equipped is being treated as a gun that defaults to an unarmed attack that uses the same flavor text when unarmed. I just did several tests, and head and body shots did not result in instant death like it should while fighting with a single molotov. However, adding a second molotov to the liberal fixes the problem. However, you lose a the first molotov, since the game seems to be counting the second molotov as a clip, and when the molotov weapon runs out of clips, it disappears.

So the first molotov gets equipped as a pistol, and does empty pistol damage without ever using itself up or setting fire to anything. The second molotov is the first clip for the original molotov weapon, and once that clip is used up, it disappears.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 01:35:17 am »

Same thing happens to me.  Basically, this means that you need 2 molotov's to act as 1, and you need to re-equip every other round.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 02:26:29 am »

You mean

The punt gun. A REAL gun. Wiki it if you don't believe me.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 03:06:22 am »

You mean
*image*

I do not get the similarity.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 03:20:27 am »

So the first molotov gets equipped as a pistol, and does empty pistol damage without ever using itself up or setting fire to anything. The second molotov is the first clip for the original molotov weapon, and once that clip is used up, it disappears.

thanks for the clarification.

Hey, cool.  I didn't think anyone else used those anymore.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 05:11:17 am »

Okay, so it just needs to be handled by having molotovs automatically "load" themselves when equipped. I don't have access to the code for another week, but I'll try to keep that in mind.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 07:36:36 am »

An easy way to handle them, in my unexperienced mind, would be to add a lighter as a weapon, which uses molitovs as ammo (or dynamite if that is planned) and uses the throw skill.
Pages: [1] 2