Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Politics Arc" Discussion  (Read 1831 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Politics Arc" Discussion
« on: March 22, 2009, 11:11:08 pm »

Right now, I'm doing some Politics Arc, which seems to have some promise. What would happen now is that any sleeper with a high enough infiliration will be able to form his own political organization, and thereby will be able to run Elite Liberal Candinates in local and state elections, every 2 years. Win these elections, and you are allowed to call in one special favour from the lucky politican. A Favor may be:
*Get lots of money via Liberal Corruption.
*Affect the issues heavily.
*Pardon a LCS in prison.
Or something like that. I haven't thought that far for favours you can request. But you can only request one favour. And it has to be big.

Losing the election would be a big blow to Elite Liberals, of course.

This system is fluid at the moment, so I am open to ideas. Plans would be spouting conservativism to gain votes, gaining sleeper "Campagin Organizers" who are able to help rally votes, and calling in the assistance of the ACLU.

An important flavor question. Is it reasonable to assume that these Sleepers would be high-ranking members of the Liberal Party? Or that they have formed their own political party instead, the Radical Party, and have to fight against both the Conservative Party and the Liberal Party?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: "Politics Arc" Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:21:07 pm »

High-ranking members of the Liberal Party.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 06:16:18 am »

Take it up a notch. The liberal crime squad should be able to form a political party itself. With the leader as president.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 12:48:07 am »

An important flavor question. Is it reasonable to assume that these Sleepers would be high-ranking members of the Liberal Party? Or that they have formed their own political party instead, the Radical Party, and have to fight against both the Conservative Party and the Liberal Party?

Sleeper in the Conservative Party: Candidate must be drawn from a Sleeper whose liberal nature is unknown to conservative society. Can get you the dirt on all the bribes and back door deals going on in conservative politics. Very valuable if you can manage to publish it. In the environment your agent will be exposed to, there's a real risk that the Sleeper will 'go native' and become a die-hard conservative.

Sleeper in the Liberal Party: As in the original post.

The Radical Party: This is your "LCS for President" option. Making any real progress will have both the Conservative and the Liberal parties wishing you ill, since you're intruding on their turf. Farther progress is almost certain to provoke the CCS into forming their own party (The Regressive Party?), running all manner of Billionaire Industrialist CEOs, Talk Radio Personalities and Texas Oil Barons against you.