Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Mind & Magic Mafia! Sixth Day!  (Read 35756 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind & Magic Mafia!
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 09:19:16 am »

Ha, 10 people now, that's great.

I've been working out the possible scenarios for all the roles in my mind, and the "best friends" rule throws a big ol' monkey wrench in there, So I'm changing the rules slightly.

1) If any two players that are best friends are the only two players left alive at any time, they both win automatically, regardless of what faction they're on.

also, I want to buff the AMD slightly, so rule change number two:

2) The AMD, if, during his day turn, decides to investigate a corpse, and that person was killed by the Criminal Mastermind, the AMD can deduce the corpse's role without blowing his cover. He still cannot determine who killed the corpse however.
Who says what the AMD says? Do you or the AMD?

If the AMD wants to detect the truthfulness of a statement or investigate a corpse, then he'll tell me and I'll make a post broadcasting his identity AND his deduction.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 10:11:50 am »

Well, I suppose it's better than having the mafia pose as AMD...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 10:15:38 am »

Why not.
Sign me up.
Zombies for the win!
Long Live United Forenia!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 12:06:24 pm »

If I'm counting correctly, then we have 13 players, a good number.

If anyone wants to jump into the action, do it within the next couple hours, I'll probably be officially starting the Mafia by 4:00 pm Eastern, three hours from now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 03:24:30 pm »

Alright guys, I'm not accepting any more entries. I have all the roles determined, and I'm sending PM's now.

Remember, copy me in on all PM's between eachother.

Don't copy/paste the PM I give you to prove your innocence.

Be considerate, and don't talk if you are killed.

votes are in red

Role playing is encouraged but not mandatory.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you are confused.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 04:40:19 pm »

Game Start

May the best team/player win!

The players, in order of first to last to sign up:

Penguinofhonor
Zaithemaster
Qwertyuiopas
PsychoJelly
Boksi
Webadict
Alexhans
Org
Inaluct
bob_smith
Pandarsenic
Cheeetar
Nuke

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 04:47:21 pm »

Then I guess...
It is a cold day. A stiff breeze ruffles the hair of NUKE9.13 as he stands by the freshly dug grave. 13 others are with him. The thirteenth is lying in the grave. The good knight chaoticjosh lies clad in his simple grey robes, holding his double bladed axe. A stake has been driven through his heart, and protective charms are lain around him. NUKE9.13 starts the sermon
"He was a good man... he was also a bad man. Such was his nature. He let us all live here, in his rambling mansion, without checking our backgrounds at all... that was his downfall, I guess."
Tears flow.
"Where did it start? Was it with the mysterious thefts? Certainly that led to some people leaving. The illusionary staircase... the cause of demise of a resident white mage... we all know they come in twos. So there is another here. He could have saved chaotic, were it not for that-"
Nuke indicates the stake
"And the drawings of insanity... we have all heard whispers of a beast that draws such things. Thus the talismans.
Some say that the lobster man was controlled by another mind when he hung himself. Certainly he was acting oddly.
And then when he got up again and killed his friend, well, that's just worrying. Would the white mage do such a thing?"
NUKE9.13 realises he is rambling too much. He sighs, and together with three others, lowers the lid onto the coffin. He then throws a handful of dirt onto the coffin, and whispers the words:
"We will kill those who did this to you, chaotic"   

WHAMMO
I DECLARE THAT CANON.
Long Live United Forenia!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 04:59:49 pm »

well... I guess we could all start by stating:
I have a townie Role
because AMD is like the child in DF mafia and can see throught the truth of a post.
Everyone... Do it.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 05:05:04 pm »

Dammit Nuke, I walk away from the computer for a second and you make a masterpiece! How can I trust you to do anything?

Now here's the REAL canon:

13 persons called from across the land, contacted by the old miser "ChaoticJosh", meet today at his Manor. The sprawling building covers tens of acres, as testament to his immense wealth.

As the last guest enters the old building however, the doors, windows and walls glow brightly with intense light. A magic barrier has suddenly been erected surrounding the entire estate. No one can get out. Glowing letters suddenly appear on the former exit:

"I'd like to play one last game with my money before I die. I have invited a number of guests, a number of killers, a renowned hitman, and a monster from beyond this world. Once everyone with murderous intent has ceased to live, only then will the barrier be lifted.

You will enjoy your stay at my Manor I hope, your rooms and all things necessary to live have already been prepared for you.

May the game begin!"

You look at eachother, and decide that, not knowing how anyone is, to decide on who dies by a formal vote.

What will become of you?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 07:29:27 pm »

"Wait..." Pandarsenic mutters. "Hold up," he speaks, louder this time. "If the killers are the last ones alive, they're still stuck, then, right? 'Everyone with murderous intent' must die, right...?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 07:38:11 pm »

It's meant to allude to everyone's objective. where some of the guest came in knowing they are going to be killing somebody. Once the source of the intent is gone, the condition is met, and the doors open back up.

It also applies to the best friends, who don't want to kill eachother, and so the condition is met when they're the only ones left.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 08:01:05 pm »

I have a townie role.
I'd advise the AMD to only investigate this late game, when he can be more sure of getting a mafia killed.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2009, 08:21:30 pm »

I have a townie role.

Also... I don't know why people aren't worried about the Lovecraftian Horror... If the AMD investigates him, he'll become insane.

I have a townie role.
I'd advise the AMD to only investigate this late game, when he can be more sure of getting a mafia killed.
He has a point.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2009, 08:26:38 pm »

Assuming all the roles are used, everyone has a role. There are 5 mafia roles/kill everyone roles, and 6 townie power roles. Then there are two best friends.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2009, 08:36:31 pm »

Also, we're seriously able to lynch a Great Old One? That is hilarious.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22