Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Mind & Magic Mafia! Sixth Day!  (Read 35752 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind & Magic Mafia! Sixth Day!
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2009, 05:42:27 pm »

How come people always kill me?!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 21, 2009, 05:46:57 pm »

Yeah... If inaluct hadn't died so early, the "town" (I only just now realized that that term doesn't really fit this game <.<) would probably have won.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

bob_smith

« Reply #302 on: April 21, 2009, 06:04:58 pm »

Night 1:  I Investigate Cheeetar.   Town.
Night 2: I investigate Webadict.  Criminal Master
Day 2:  I investigate inaluct's body.  Necromancer.   killed by bob. 
So did Alexhans investigate Cheeetar or Webadict on the first night, cause I remember reading that he investigated Webadict after going insane?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #303 on: April 21, 2009, 07:08:17 pm »

See? I told you I was better off alive or modkilled!
Eh?
Eh!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 21, 2009, 07:22:02 pm »

Night 1:  I Investigate Cheeetar.   Town.
Night 2: I investigate Webadict.  Criminal Master
Day 2:  I investigate inaluct's body.  Necromancer.   killed by bob. 
So did Alexhans investigate Cheeetar or Webadict on the first night, cause I remember reading that he investigated Webadict after going insane?
Hahaha. I was illusioned. He got the right answer for the wrong reasons.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 21, 2009, 08:44:10 pm »

Well, I'd like to note that I told Alexhans who I was shortly after Bob_Smith told everyone it had to be him or me. Also, I refused to help him and tried to kill both him and Bob_Smith for every night action afterwards.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 21, 2009, 08:50:39 pm »

Well, I'd like to note that I told Alexhans who I was shortly after Bob_Smith told everyone it had to be him or me. Also, I refused to help him and tried to kill both him and Bob_Smith for every night action afterwards.
Ha ha. I wanted to see if I could win with keeping you alive. We couldn't though, so we had to kill you. Otherwise, we would've.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2009, 08:54:04 pm »

Ha ha. I wanted to see if I could win with keeping you alive. We couldn't though, so we had to kill you. Otherwise, we would've.
Damn. I would've sided with you, too, because killing all the innocents is more my role description.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2009, 08:55:50 pm »

I don't understand... Why did I get the truth about Webadict if I was insane?  You said I would get the opposite role... That's unfair.

I told my fellow partners I suspected webadict...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2009, 09:05:20 pm »

I don't understand... Why did I get the truth about Webadict if I was insane?  You said I would get the opposite role... That's unfair.

I told my fellow partners I suspected webadict...
I was illusioned as sheriff

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2009, 10:51:01 pm »

WOW!  Good play...

When did you and Org got in touch?

I was suspicious of you for your push cheetar.  That was anti-town.

I guess Im retiring for now from all this mafia games in bay12.  I find it frustrating that there can be so much scheming outside the thread.   It gives possibilities of breaking strategies...

Josh must have laughed his ass off when I checked the LHO the first night.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2009, 10:52:25 pm »

And then when you promptly accused me of being a necromancer and told the white mage to cover you.

And then got killed like, 2 nights later.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2009, 11:52:03 pm »

WOW!  Good play...

When did you and Org got in touch?

I was suspicious of you for your push cheetar.  That was anti-town.

I guess Im retiring for now from all this mafia games in bay12.  I find it frustrating that there can be so much scheming outside the thread.   It gives possibilities of breaking strategies...

It's different. You have to think more open-minded, and watch out for Town bases as well as Mafia. This game was very difficult.

Also, Org and I were Mafia. We knew each other. NUKE's and Org's abilities saved me.

Also, we kept reviving people that weren't Mafia, so everyone would think they were.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 22, 2009, 02:11:42 am »

Yes, yes I did.

I hope you don't quit mafia Alex, you're a very good player, it's just that you got really unlucky while all the mafia's balancers got killed or tied up.

Ideas for possible future roles:

Deathamancer: 3 times per game, day or night, can snap his fingers and stop the heart of any other player. These can be used all at once if the player so chooses. A 4th kill is possible, but requires that the deathamancer sacrifice his own life. Wins when all the other players are dead. Will win even if he himself is dead. [third party]

Bromancer: Controls the power of friendship. Once per game, can place the 'Best Friends' bond between any two players, including himself. Does not negate the current two Best Friends. [Mafia][Town][Third party]

Usurper: One of the mafia is tasked with extra winning condition of having to ensure that one of his mafia brethren are killed before the end of the game. Will lose if this condition is not met. [mafia]

Fake Death pill: Not a role, but an item, per se. At the beginning of the game, one player will be chosen randomly and given a 'fake death' pill. At any time, day or night, that player can take the pill and 'die'. The player will automatically revive in 3 days. The player cannot be targeted for a lynch, but can still be targeted for a nightkill. The Best Friend of the 'deceased' will not be convinced that the player has died, because they have such a special bond, and won't commit suicide. In the chance that a 'dead' player is still dead when one of the other parties has met their winning condition, the 'dead' player auto-loses. [town][mafia][third party]

I'm also toying with the idea of a Mafia that is separated at the start of the game. With there being a "main" group, containing the mafia leader that makes the final say on nightkills, and a 'detached' group, which is also mafia, but is not in contact with the first group and must try to deduce who their brethren are, so they can join up with them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 22, 2009, 03:48:15 am »

I thought it was a good laugh. Even after I died. I mean, I still won, right? The agency we be round soon to revive me, and then it's off to the Mafia Hideout for some celebratory drinks.
Heh. It was funny when Alexhans said he thought webadict was the CM, because we thought he had checked him the first night. So we panicked.. well, I did, at least.
Anyway, good game. Perhaps a little to luck-dependant, as without the CM we would have been screwed.. but I'll still be in for the next.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22