Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: I think I just found out what beak dogs are.  (Read 46763 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: I think I just found out what beak dogs are.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 04:43:26 pm »

The Labyrinth stuff makes me happy.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 04:53:44 pm »

And does your brother do anything else with his life?
YES.

jerk.

"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 05:26:45 pm »

Any WoW player wouldn't have time nor will to learn Dwarf Fortress, so the point is moot anyway.

I refer you to every dwarf listed on this page as a counterexample: http://www.wowarmory.com/search.xml?searchQuery=urist&searchType=all
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 06:48:09 pm »

Wow, thats alot of Urist.  Are they all insane too?

I agree that not all WoW players are idiots.  I believe that there is a higher concentration of them on WoW, but by no means should anyone assume somebody is a dumbass just because they play WoW.

Just like how not all Japanese are good at math, not all Americans are greedy jackasses, not all furries are gay, not all blacks are criminals, not all kids with glasses are nerds, not all southerners are rednecks, and so on.

Anyway back on topic.  The raws state that Beak dogs have large beaks and hunched backs, which Those things from labyrinth don't appear to have.  Though it would make sense if they do look similar.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 08:58:01 pm »

The raws state that Beak dogs have large beaks and hunched backs, which Those things from labyrinth don't appear to have.  Though it would make sense if they do look similar.

Those kind of look like beaks, and I can't see their backs...

I think those goblins would look pretty scary if the dwarves are muppets too...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 09:58:56 pm »

I refer you to every dwarf listed on this page as a counterexample: http://www.wowarmory.com/search.xml?searchQuery=urist&searchType=all
I stand corrected.

not all furries are gay
And likewise, not all gays are furries.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 10:34:55 pm »

Seriously though, it's irritating when I just want to watch the damn video for Tunak Tunak Tun and the youtube comments get spammed up by WoW players thinking that the frigging dance actually comes from that game. Same with the other eight billion geek references in that game.

I love Tunak Tunak Tun. But I don't read the comments. Youtube comments are bad for your health, you know.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 10:42:58 pm »

But didn't you want to know how babby was formed?
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2009, 12:40:03 am »

Anyway back on topic.  The raws state that Beak dogs have large beaks and hunched backs, which Those things from labyrinth don't appear to have.  Though it would make sense if they do look similar.

Did you look at the images? Honestly. They have beaks. It's especially apparent in the close-up.

You can't really tell from the images and also because there are goblins riding them, but they do sort of have hunched backs, at least in the same manner as some large birds, if not in an exaggerated form.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Musluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2009, 05:30:35 am »

That's mostly because the most hardcore of WoW players are culturally illiterate and associate everything from WoW with WoW and nothing else, even if it came from something else and was shameless shoehorned in.

You're just doing what you accuse WoW players of doing - you're generalizing them in the culturally illiterate group, just as you say they'd categorize everything along with WoW.

I've ridden the high horse of end-game WoW (Check Musluk on EU realms,  if you don't believe it, and find someone to translate what the gear on my character means), and quit it, not out of it's boorishness, but because I didn't want to stop socializing with my friends in real life. Due to my job, I still have to use computers, A LOT (8 hours a day, plus whatever I do at home). And lemme tell ya, there are people in the 11 million subscriptions that do keep their (cultural) life and WoW together, along with the usual retards.

I get it, you don't like WoW, you don't like one of your classics (either childhood or young adult, I presume from the rashness) getting accused of being wow-like, but, dude, chill. If you have to lash out at WoW players at a random mention, on a non-wow related forum, it's not WoW's fault, or the playerbase's fault.
Fe3g12 - the fourth iron ore.
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2009, 06:23:29 am »

That's why I said "the most hardcore WoW" players and not just "WoW players".

Probably still rash of me, but I was specifically trying to refer to the ones who go completely overboard about the game, and you have to admit there are a lot of those people around.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Musluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 07:03:27 am »

I was one of them, actually, and I detest the elitist hardcore raiders and no-lifers as much as you do, but I don't go around vent my dislike. Not because I don't want to, but because in DF's context, there's no reason (how many triple-negatives will I spit out, I wonder). There's no need to do it in here, there's no competition, nor the item-lust. Oh and losing is indeed fun.

Anyway, official WoW derailment is over, now lets continue...
Fe3g12 - the fourth iron ore.
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 07:32:44 am »

That still looks unimpressive. It looks like a giant dog cake made out of jelly worms.

Bleh -.- .. nothing will satisfy you umi.  ;D [I didn't wanted to post an image about wargs from the LotR movie, because I was sure that you wouldn't like those either.  :D]

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 07:37:06 am »

Probably still rash of me, but I was specifically trying to refer to the ones who go completely overboard about the game, and you have to admit there are a lot of those people around.
It's the most popular MMO out there.  Of course you're going to find more stupid people on it.

But on the same token, you find more smart people on it, too.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2009, 08:23:54 am »

It's the most popular MMO out there.  Of course you're going to find more stupid people on it.

But on the same token, you find more smart people on it, too.

I guess that is absolutely okay and acceptable, considering that WoW has 13 million? active players. It's not hard to find a decent and mature guild on any server for example. [..at least on the EU servers, I don't know too much about the US servers in this aspect.  :)]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5