Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: New Weapons, and a few other suggestions...  (Read 5402 times)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Weapons, and a few other suggestions...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 08:26:31 am »

Why not go the whole hog and buy army surplus tanks?

It would be pretty useful if Mohammed Qaddafi decided to abandon his commitment to not fund terrorism and sell the LCS a couple of Soviet Tanks.

Now this I agree with! Prepare the panzers!

Crossley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 11:09:37 am »

My point is that you're a guerilla fighting force at best, not an organised military. It doesn't make sense that the LCS would acquire this vast stockpile of full-auto military shotguns and mount weapons to jeeps, and not have the entire american military knocking on their door in the morning. Especially as the door is to an abandoned building or homeless shelter.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 11:13:32 am »

But they're the LCS! They are too liberal to always be attacked by the military, and too badass to be killed by them.

We need a slogan!
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 09:06:18 am »

It appears that I have confused weapons that are actually automatic and those that only look like they're automatic. My mistake. Then I suggest the uzi be a weaker/cheaper version of teh MP% with same legality (like 9mm vs .44 Magnum)

My point is that you're a guerilla fighting force at best, not an organised military. It doesn't make sense that the LCS would acquire this vast stockpile of full-auto military shotguns and mount weapons to jeeps, and not have the entire american military knocking on their door in the morning. Especially as the door is to an abandoned building or homeless shelter.

Where to start?
If a terrorist organization was killing hundreds to dozens of people every month (half of them cops), was fighting off the national guard, the CIA, Swat sieges and evading the freaking air force, then the "the entire american military knocking on their door in the morning" situation would happen. Yet it does not.

I think the LCS (and CSS) are capable of acquiring such assets in secret. And who says this has to be limited to the LCS? Why not a corporate mercenary/soldier racking your car with machine gun fire while escaping from a Corporate residence or army base?
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 11:29:15 am »

Cold war style militaries are conservative!

There.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

irmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 01:59:13 pm »

May I suggest a few new weapons?

-PANCOR Jackhammer, automatic shotgun, hits up to three times, found rarely on CCS bosses

I get that we all played Fallout and thought this was cool, but you realize that only about five of them were ever made, right?

-Sawed off shotgun, less accurate than a shotgun, but can be concealed under clothes (like a pistol), is banned earlier than normal shotguns (C or M)

This should only ever be available from the Black Market. As a Liberal organization, the LCS would have trouble attracting the kind of gun nuts who can make these. I also question whether it really fills a niche--the only advantage over a shotgun is that it's easier to conceal, so why not use a pistol?

-Bow, just for the heck of it

Useless. No reason to use a bow when there are rifles available. The only advantage it might have is that it's quiet, but it's impossible to conceal, and since you're always engaging your targets at close range, it doesn't matter if they can hear you.

-Uzi, weaker version of MP5, cheaper than MP5 and is legal at C gun control

There's no reason to stock LCS with a complete collection of nearly equivalent small arms. Even distinguishing guns from melee weapons is questionable considering that you never fight at range.

I also suggest re-adding a way to acquire tanks (though it should be horrifically difficult)

Why?

Perhaps to mounting weapons on Jeeps (for a hefty price)? (should beef up escapes! )

I wonder if site actions should be possible at all (at least outside the Industrial District) without using a vehicle. As I've said before, it's really implausible to be able to kidnap someone or escape from the police in broad daylight on foot.

But what kind of weapon do you have that needs to be mounted on a vehicle? A TOW missile or something? Please.

May I also suggest taxi driving as an illegal fund raising method? You'd need stolen taxi cab and a guy with driving skill and the act raises this skill. Rarely you might be caught and be charge with auto theft. (I say rare since cabs look the same and I assume the LCS changes the plates.)

This isn't GTA. If you're going to engage in illegal fundraising, it should be something that tweaks the sensibilities of Conservative society. Selling brownies, very okay. Prostitution, okay. Tie-dye t-shirts, well, those are sort of Liberal (though I'm unclear on why they're illegal). Illegal taxi driving? Fail.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 02:08:07 pm »

If illegal taxi driving will piss off anyone, it's the unions.  Thus it's conservative if anything.

Tie dye t-shirts aren't illegal, just liberal.

But the brain juices now ask if maybe under arch conservative laws, tie dye t-shirts might be considered revolutionary and thus illegal.  But selling such illegal items would rally the cause and help turn the tide of public perception.  The idea being that you need an easy way to help stabilize the country if things get too bad.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 02:17:43 pm »

The reason selling T-Shirts is considered bad is because you are hiring ILLEGAL aliens to make them. It is illegal to hire Illegal Aliens, so that's why you can get in trouble.

If you just recruit an American Tailor from the Apartments, you'll be fine.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 02:29:53 pm »

Medieval weapons in the game aren't really there because they're useful (though a few are), but as a nod to Oubliette, the game LCS was originally based on. I added the Daisho weapon, which is mechanically identical to the Sword but is not in Oubliette, just for the hell of it. I don't have a problem with adding a bow for similar reasons.

Presently, the melee vs. ranged distinction is pertinent only when in car chases, in which melee weapons cannot be used to attack other cars. Guns and melee weapons being distinguished will be more generally important with counterattacks, which are already coded. Striking in melee, if your attack is insufficiently skilled, and your opponent is skilled in melee with their current weapon, you can be blocked and countered. Even ranged weapons can counter, but you'll only smack them with the gun as your counter (using the club skill), instead of shooting.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 08:17:28 pm »

Maybe taxi driving could be used not so much as a way of making money, but as a way of kidnapping people or something similar. Maybe Liberal Bob is driving his stolen cab, and a corporate CEO gets in. Liberal Bob would then have the option of driving him where he wants to go (and maybe receiving a nice tip) or Liberal Bob could attempt to kidnap the CEO (which would probably result in a car chase, seeing as the CEO would probably pull out a cell-phone and call the cops/mercenaries once he realized what was going down).
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 08:24:03 pm »

What Liberal kidnapper would be incompetent enough to let a Conservative take out a cellphone and call the cops?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 08:30:58 pm »

What Conservative would be incompetent enough to take out a cellphone instead of just firing the AK-47?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 09:07:37 pm »

What Liberal kidnapper would be incompetent enough to let a Conservative take out a cellphone and call the cops?

One who's preoccupied with driving a cab.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 08:18:12 am »

Medieval weapons in the game aren't really there because they're useful (though a few are), but as a nod to Oubliette, the game LCS was originally based on. I added the Daisho weapon, which is mechanically identical to the Sword but is not in Oubliette, just for the hell of it. I don't have a problem with adding a bow for similar reasons.

I always thought it was there to be entirely Nerdy. Basically buying Replica swords and armor for LARP and Dungeons and Dragons. (and possibly collections)

Hense why the Mithril Armor is useless, because it is plastic LARP armor. (or at least was)

So we need to come up with more weapons? I guess I can try but my imagination is injured.

-Fire Estinguisher: Blinds enemies as well as being a mildly alright Blunt weapon
-Tear Gas Launchers: Personally the reason why Sieges don't involve a lot more tear gas is beyond me. Blunt damage and Tear gas on multiple targets.
-Rivet Gun: Fire Red Hot Rivets into enemies? *shrugs*
-Nitrogen Spreyers: Used in the Nuclear power plant to quickly cool the core incase of meltdown. Very cold
--I think I made the above one up
-Microphone: Social Weapon. TV personalities can hold it. Uses Speach
-Wads of Cash: Thrown Social Weapon. Rich people can hold it. Afterall everyone is for sale.
-Girl Scout Berreta: American's have a plan incase Girl Scouts invade. They just didn't think it would happen.
--The above is refering to a hypothetical situation drawn up by the United States military that deals with "What if America was attacked by Girl Scouts" which in essence is "What if we are attacked by something we have a Taboo against killing"
-Magic Revolver: It shoots two people at once (by curving the bullet). Only one of these should exist and it probably should be in a secret location.
--JFK reference... not a Wanted reference.

See I told you my imagination is broken.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:36:03 am by Neonivek »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 08:24:41 am »

-Nitrogen Spreyers: Used in the Nuclear power plant to quickly cool the core incase of meltdown. Very cold
--I think I made the above one up

That's like spitting on a forest fire.

-Microphone: Social Weapon. TV personalities can hold it. Uses Speach
-Wads of Cash: Thrown Social Weapon. Rich people can hold it. Afterall everyone is for sale.\

I kinda like this idea as it would give the player the ability to make debate attackers do unarmed combat.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6