Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: New Weapons, and a few other suggestions...  (Read 5425 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: New Weapons, and a few other suggestions...
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2009, 01:11:43 pm »

Godwin's law? Meh. Almost.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2009, 02:33:15 pm »

Vercetti's law.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2009, 12:23:26 am »

See, that would work if that was a character in EVERY GTA game. Let's call it Rockstar's law.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2009, 02:50:20 am »

Rampages with tanks aren't limited to GTA...  ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Nelson
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2009, 03:12:09 am »

Not to mention the Killdozer guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

That dude built his own tank and stuck it to the man that was keeping him down, yo. If there was a LCS grade Elite Liberal it'd be that guy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 03:58:38 am »

Rampages with tanks aren't limited to GTA

No, but in the first Grand Theft Auto going into a very difficult to find tank would put you into "Rampage" mode in which you would have to destroy as much as you can within a time limit.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2009, 10:35:23 am »

Rampages with tanks aren't limited to GTA

No, but in the first Grand Theft Auto going into a very difficult to find tank would put you into "Rampage" mode in which you would have to destroy as much as you can within a time limit.

Ahh I see now, never played the first...  ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:38:30 am by Oksbad »
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

cinque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2009, 11:15:15 am »

baseball bats, football helmets

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2009, 01:29:14 pm »

When pollution hits C+, you should be able to recruit tanks.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2009, 03:19:13 pm »

When pollution hits C+, you should be able to recruit tanks.
That would fall into the "mutant" catagory, witch is already in the game.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2009, 04:38:06 pm »

Yes, but current mutants are pussies. I want tanks.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2009, 06:44:59 pm »

Why not just change them into 'cyborgs'....   since we don't have a tank driver kind of thing....

Treat them like mutants/animals ?   Only way to convert is with high computer/psychology/persuasion person?

Repairs would take 10x longer and only by computer person w/ first aid (maybe a new skill?)...

Eh, from my view, it makes sense, to get around game mechanic   Feel free to dismantle it...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2009, 11:27:38 pm »

I think it'd be cool, but is more fitting of a cyberpunk setting (cyborgs) or a horror setting (L4D tanks). I generally try to keep the out-of-genre easter egg stuff in LCS limited in terms of special rules and gameplay effects, to enable focusing more on common gameplay; for example, though there are plasma guns and space pitchforks, they don't do anything that the normal versions of these weapons don't. The problem with normal tanks is that they're effectively invulnerable and break combat. They would require a lot of special rules to support and balance in a real, non-accidental way.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2009, 12:05:21 am »

I think it'd be cool, but is more fitting of a cyberpunk setting (cyborgs) or a horror setting (L4D tanks). I generally try to keep the out-of-genre easter egg stuff in LCS limited in terms of special rules and gameplay effects, to enable focusing more on common gameplay; for example, though there are plasma guns and space pitchforks, they don't do anything that the normal versions of these weapons don't. The problem with normal tanks is that they're effectively invulnerable and break combat. They would require a lot of special rules to support and balance in a real, non-accidental way.

So what do you think about the "rampage" idea, with only short bursts of temporary use? Perhaps make it so tanks are available only in the facility in question (presumably an army base) is not on "high security" and make it so "high security" takes much longer to pass than usual in army bases...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2009, 04:30:09 pm »

I think it'd be cool, but is more fitting of a cyberpunk setting (cyborgs) <...> I generally try to keep the out-of-genre easter egg stuff in LCS limited
how about if they only appear in the future? it's about time the XXII century had more than just text. obviously they should still be rare.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6