Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suddenly hostile elves...!  (Read 2714 times)

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suddenly hostile elves...!
« on: March 30, 2009, 08:44:12 pm »

So I was just doing the usual, building a wall around the elf village I embarked upon, planning to flood the elves and the sort... Then all of the sudden i get multiple cancel-orders due to interrupting elves! Shortly followed by multiple messages involving dwarves struck down by said elves!! What now?
Did I chop down one tree too many? Did I exist in their tree-sanctuary for too long? Did they not like my fine mostly-stone-but-some-wooden wall surrounding their village? Did they figure out what I was up to? (mass drowning through mass flooding)
Gaaah, stupid elves wont even let me mass-drown you xP
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly hostile elves...!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 08:46:15 pm »

Shortly followed by multiple messages involving dwarves struck down by said elves!! What now?

WHAT?!

DWARVES BEING KILLED BY ELVES?!?!?!?!

And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 08:55:31 pm »

Whoa, I wanna know how this happened, I thought that neighbors(on the same site) were always friendly towards you.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 08:58:23 pm »

Shortly followed by multiple messages involving dwarves struck down by said elves!! What now?

WHAT?!

DWARVES BEING KILLED BY ELVES?!?!?!?!

Impossible. Unless if they sent a bunch of elven archers. Goddamn do I hate an elf siege of 30 unicorn-mounted archers with a local leader archer. At points like that, I listen to our dwarven forefathers and say "fuck the world, pull the lever".
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 07:46:33 am »

Basically I just embarked with 7 random dwarves, didnt care about making a military. I also didn't care about digging a decent fort, except a farming-hole directly into the ground, plus another hole to get the needed rocks for construction of the wall of watery elven death, in which I also placed beds for every dwarf and a few tables and chairs.

-I did chop down a few trees, but only the ones where I wanted to have my wall of watery elven death. I might have chopped one tree too many? (around 50-70 trees est.)
-My dwarves were all content or happier (strangly enough, due to the lack of luxury living), so tantrums to throw off the hostile-switch in the elves is probably not the cause.

Oooh, idea! *suddenly struck while writing this post..*
Some raccoons made it off with a good deal of rope reed ropes and socks, which probably belonged to the elves. May these awesome creatures have made the elves angry? (though they stole the stuff a few seasons before the sudden shift in relations)

My legendary miner managed to down a few elves, but they were just too many. My other not-so-legendary miner managed to down 1 stray elf before getting gangraped by a few markselves and a couple of other random elves.
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 12:27:10 pm »

do you have a save from just before it happened?
The great game of Warlocks!

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 12:55:40 pm »

Your dwarf civ was probably at war with the elves.  They started friendly as is always the case when you embark on a civ site.  Then some elf ambushers probably showed up.  They may even still be stealthed.  That turned the resident elves hostile.