Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rooster's hand drawn comic  (Read 2331 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Rooster's hand drawn comic
« on: March 31, 2009, 09:17:21 am »

Here I'll post a hand drawn comic I'm drawing at school for quite some time (Yeah I know I suck at drawing and my scaner is very bad, but at least I'd like it to be funny)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IWM get's a guest appearance in comic nr 3. These comics aren't about dwarfs (as you may have noticed). I hope you'll like it. Comments appreaciated, requests for drawings are awaited (seriously who would want a drawing like THAT)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rooster's hand drawn comic
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:21:25 am »

Oh, wow, one of my friend just made something like this, but with stickman.
Ha, the world is not as big as you thought it is.

Wait, I'll scan that... this weekend.

Also: nr3? Which one?

Edit: Forgot to comment.
Well, I think it's good. Better than mine, which usually have PANZERS and ‼CAMEL‼ RIDERS and RPG duck it out against ... enemies.

Or harem doujin / normal doujin forget I ever said that.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:24:06 am by IndonesiaWarMinister »

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 09:31:38 am »

Well I have a comic half-ready which is a parody of princess maker. That's why you'll get 3rd strip
And drawing good hentai pretty women is hard, I only managed to draw only one in my entire life ;)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:33:44 am by Rooster »

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:33:18 am »

I've managed to do it... thrice? In this month...

Well, just read a manga look a source WHILE you were drawing. I can't think of the better word in English.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:42:29 am »

The main character reminds me of the slimes from the Dragon Warrior series of games.

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 03:13:21 pm »

The first two panels are pointless in my opinion. You really just need one panel to show that the character is moving somewhere.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 05:54:20 pm »

Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 06:46:40 pm »

Agree. This strip is very confusing (although, I've just realised that the object in panel nine is probably actually a white flag, and not an axe).

Also, the last panel, including Dasleah's annotation: THAT is art.

Also, what is with the "winking" in panel eight? Is the first blob soliciting the angelic blob? Or accenting a double entendré?
"'Oo isn't? Likes games, eh? Knew she would. Likes games, eh? She's been around a bit, been around?"

...I do like your style, though, Rooster. Nice and simplistic. Keep at it. Don't press down too hard.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 07:41:08 pm by soup_alex »
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 07:18:11 pm »

To hopefully clear some things up, I'll say my "interpretation" of something: the blob didn't die twice. An angel-looking-blob came out of the chest. That's why there's two of them. I don't really understand how Dasleah could think that the blob died the "first" time after panel 8, where it was there in front of the angel-blob. I can see how Dasleah got confused by panels 6 & 7, though, but panel 8 should have cleared that confusion up. (Panel 6 has the blob with "x"s for eyes, which are often associated with death, while panel 7 doesn't include the living blob to show that it is still alive, but panel 8 has the living blob winking (?) in front of the angel) Also, in panel 11, I can't tell what's happening.

So Rooster, I'd say work on conveying what is actually going on, as you can see how people can get confused. Also, isn't the point of most comics to be comedic in some way? I didn't find this one too funny. =/

But it was good. Just keep working at it! =D
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 07:53:59 pm »

Oh, so the second Blob angel thing comes out of the chest? I see. In that case, I should of mentioned something about silhouettes as well, and making sure that your characters have an identifiable and unique outline.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 08:13:20 pm »

Oh, so the second Blob angel thing comes out of the chest? I see. In that case, I should of mentioned something about silhouettes as well, and making sure that your characters have an identifiable and unique outline.
Perhaps if blob #2 had its sword in panel seven, or was positioned above the box in panel eight (where both blobs are seen together).
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 02:24:26 pm »

Thank's for all the comments I just might listen (if I have the nerve to actually plan my drawings)

I had this parody of princess maker, but its unfinished so I'll just post this

I thought about coloring it but I'm to lazy (for now)

I hope that If I draw something every day I just might get better at it...

Dasleah: Yeah one panel was useless. I got lazy with the background so I did this. panel 3 & 4 lets pretend that the box was far away and he got closer to it. 6: A burst of light blinded him and its represented by those x's you're right about the perspective, but its hard to draw round shaped things in 3/4 perspective. panel 7: That's the angel blob 8: He rubs his eyes. last: that's the usual joke back from the day I drew comics about rayman getting killed by those pirate thingies

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 05:20:15 pm »

Thank's for all the comments I just might listen (if I have the nerve to actually plan my drawings)

I had this parody of princess maker, but its unfinished so I'll just post this

I thought about coloring it but I'm to lazy (for now)

I hope that If I draw something every day I just might get better at it...

Dasleah: Yeah one panel was useless. I got lazy with the background so I did this. panel 3 & 4 lets pretend that the box was far away and he got closer to it. 6: A burst of light blinded him and its represented by those x's you're right about the perspective, but its hard to draw round shaped things in 3/4 perspective. panel 7: That's the angel blob 8: He rubs his eyes. last: that's the usual joke back from the day I drew comics about rayman getting killed by those pirate thingies

The artist should never make excuses for his art. That's for the audience to do for you. If you're art isn't good enough, then it isn't. No-one going to accept any of this "oh lol it was just a quick doodle i can do much better" or "i wasn't taking it seriously" bullshit. If you can do better, then do better. And honestly, if you don't plan to succeed, you're planning to fail. Even 5 minutes planning before you pick up the pencil will see an immediate rise in quality. If you're too lazy to take it seriously, then don't even bother picking up the pencil each day to practice. You'll only be as good as you force yourself to be.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 07:25:59 pm »

The artist should never make excuses for his art. That's for the audience to do for you. If you're art isn't good enough, then it isn't. No-one going to accept any of this "oh lol it was just a quick doodle i can do much better" or "i wasn't taking it seriously" bullshit. If you can do better, then do better. And honestly, if you don't plan to succeed, you're planning to fail. Even 5 minutes planning before you pick up the pencil will see an immediate rise in quality. If you're too lazy to take it seriously, then don't even bother picking up the pencil each day to practice. You'll only be as good as you force yourself to be.
Tough love.
Dasleah has a very good point (if this seems unfair, bear in mind that the audience is in a privileged position).