Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [Beta-Relz] MMO - Metals and Minerals Overhaul  (Read 31103 times)

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
Re: [Beta-Relz] MMO - Metals and Minerals Overhaul
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2010, 01:25:10 pm »

Good afternoon!

I've revisited the skulls-to-flux reaction again, and after trying MANY different versions, I'm still ending up with one of two possibilities:

- Reactions that work, requiring a skull to be processed, but throw a message in errorlog.txt
 - Reactions that are error-free, but do NOT work properly, ignoring the need for a skull

Here is the text of the currently implemented reaction, which I know works properly (with an error):

[REAGENT:3:SKULL:NONE:CAT:NO_SUBTYPE]

It actually does NOT require any specific type of skull, and works fine. The error is:

Unrecognized Material Token: CAT

If anyone can suggest a reaction that WORKS, but does not throw an error, I would be immensely grateful. I'm not going to waste any more of my limited modding time on this especially with the new version of DF just around the corner (when, hopefully, many things will be fixed!).

In the meantime I'm going to get back to updating the tileset and fiddling with mineral and gem display before and after mining. I also have found a handful of additional errors (or things that, while not strictly errors, don't WORK and are wasted effort) that need correction.

Rochndil, plugging away...
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2010, 09:01:22 am »

Greetings!

I'm cautiously optimistic that I can convert the MMO over to '10 without major problems. I've already started making notes and investigating the necessary changes (and updates) involved. At this precise moment I'm bug hunting for Toady and working on my taxes (bleah!), but I have not, and will not, neglect the MMO forever.

Rochndil, exploring the underground...

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2010, 04:07:25 am »

Looking forward to it, Rochndil.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2010, 08:27:10 pm »

Me too!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2010, 03:34:28 pm »

Good afternoon!

Just a quick note between other commitments. MMO conversion to the new 2010 RAWs format is in progress. Nothing has been TESTED yet, but I'll get there.

So far, the reactions seem to be pretty straightforward. I think I'll be creating a couple of custom workshops to more appropriately house the types of work being done (instead of having EVERYTHING done at the smelter).

The initial re-beta-release will be just phase one, without the tileset and its associated changes. That also should be quite workable, but it'll take a lot more time, since there's still a lot of work to be done there.

On the UP side, there are a tremendous variety of NEW COOL TOOLS out there now, including some that I've been asking for since...I started on this crazy project. That will make certain worksets VASTLY easier than before.

The only thing that bugs me is that I'll have to muck about with entity_default to add the reactions and workshops, so I'll probably learn how to code that part (at least) in a Uristmod changes file, so I won't be buggering up all the OTHER changes that are likely to be there already.

My modding time is limited currently, but I'm actively working on the conversion. The reactions file should be done shortly, and then I just need to add/change the metals and minerals. Since much of the metals system is currently borked I'll probably have to re-visit the metals specifications down the road, but I want to get something in there to test.

Rochndil, staying quite busy...

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2010, 02:41:19 am »

:D  Yeah!  Lookin' forward to it, Rochndil! 

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2010, 09:09:49 am »

Good morning.

I actually managed to do some steady work last night, still working on the reactions. I never really thought about how MANY there are before, since most of them were extant when I started, and the ones I added went in a little bit at a time. Having to convert the whole mess over is quite a long haul.

I've got all the smelting (in reaction_smelter) ones done, and I'm probably 80% done with the "other" reactions. I've organized them by workshop, and am also trying to assign the most appropriate skills. Since we still can't mess with many of the existing workshops, I'm creating two new ones:

Coal works - for all the charcoal/coke/ash jobs (will replace wood furnace).
Lapidary - Just to handle the boulder clean-up and lignite-to-jet reactions for now, but I may think of more.

I'm thinking the bone and glass reactions should go to the kiln.

THEN, I need to actually make the workshops (good thing there's a tool for that!), and start collecting all the reaction/workshop entries for entity_default.

The next big job will be adding all the new minerals and metals, and tweaking all the values that I changed before. I'm going to try and extrapolate appropriate numbers for the metals based on the original system, even though the mechanisms don't actually work properly yet.

Once that's all in I can actually start testing it. I suspect that 04 will be out by then. :)

Rochndil, who also has to glance back through the thread for suggestions to consider...

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2010, 09:56:35 pm »

:3  How's it coming along, pray tell?

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2010, 07:40:39 am »

Good morning.

Progress has been slow recently since I've been struggling to get all the bookkeeping caught up for '09 taxes. That's ALMOST done, which will allow me to return more time to modding. I've got all the reactions in, and have started on the metals and minerals changes.

Rochndil, perpetually short on time...

UnLimiTeD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2010, 05:44:36 am »

I'm so gonna add this to the list of stuff I'm gonna butcher for my personal compilation once theres a Mayday tileset for the new version ;)
Do you think the files are compatible with Direforged, Civilizations Forge, and the new workshops blooming everywhere?
I mean, compatible in a "extract and add manually" kind of way.

... How long have I been away?

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2010, 10:20:37 am »

Compatibility is a lot trickier than it used to be. The reactions list is totally changed from vanilla, which will require major edits to entity_default. Pretty much everything in the Inorganic files will also need to be replaced. Obviously this will conflict with anything else modifying these files, but I'm sure you've dealt with that issue before. :)

Rochndil, plugging away...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]