Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I select a Fortification?  (Read 977 times)

Chasted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I select a Fortification?
« on: April 05, 2009, 07:25:46 pm »

I'm currently trying to make a nice long corridor for monsters to walk through (It will be trapped too :)) but the area is full of dirt so I had to make my own fortifications so my crossbowmen can shoot through it.

I've managed to stuff up my fortification and I cannot select the part that is ruining my winding path...

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: How do I select a Fortification?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 07:35:40 pm »

I'm having a hard time understanding what you want. Are you trying to remove a fortification you built yourself?

In that case, these fortifications are special buildings called a "construction" and can't be selected like regular buildings. To remove it, press "d" for the designation menu and then select the "remove construction" option (I think it's "n"), and designate the offending fortifications for removal.

The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 07:41:34 pm »

If you are having trouble with items on the tile you are trying to build on, then the dump designation (d -> b -> d) would help.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Chasted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:42:43 pm »

Thanks for the replies, that got it :D