Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Amazing Potential Location...  (Read 9810 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Potential Location...
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 07:41:15 pm »

I would really really love a seed to this.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 07:51:08 pm »

Sadly, 3Dwarf doesn't really distinguish between mineral colors.

I feel this is an excellent time for me to interject with a question I've asked all over the place.

What DOES 3Dwarf distinguish between, in terms of colors?  What are the different textures you can make it use, and what needs to be there for it to use them?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 08:22:45 pm »

Someone needs to construct a giant Clear Glass eye on top of them, and fill it with magma.

Also, I think it can differentiate between only the fundamental differences. Soil, Sand, and Rock, for surfaces.
!!&!!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 08:36:58 pm »

All amazing Ideas... definitely that spiral and the mid of mountain idea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Those are the world gen parameters

History Seed: 1867763712
Name Seed: 1375521408
Seed: 4116263776

Don't know if you need the history or name seed.

I could copy the save, abandon fortress and reclaim to find out where it is if you want...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

tzler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 08:50:00 pm »

k serious post:

this formation looks like it was armoks divine intention that you build a bridge between the two.

see if you can figure out a way to get up a few levels without mining into it, and then destroy whatever means you used, so that it is totally inpenetrable. you can use marksdwarves to pick off any pesky elephants as well, from a safe distance.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 08:53:34 pm »

As much as I love the impenetrable idea... I do like having some sort of challenge... That way I don't get bored with being totally amazingly god like in my lil fortress...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 08:54:24 pm »

k serious post:

this formation looks like it was armoks divine intention that you build a bridge between the two.

see if you can figure out a way to get up a few levels without mining into it, and then destroy whatever means you used, so that it is totally inpenetrable. you can use marksdwarves to pick off any pesky elephants as well, from a safe distance.
You didn't put a single uppercase letter in there, did you?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 09:26:45 pm »

If you guys can't find it or want a much better idea what it is... let me know.

tzler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 10:11:36 pm »

k serious post:

You didn't put a single uppercase letter in there, did you?

bitch dont get fresh wit me thats just how i roll, aight? *neck roll/finger shaking*

vanarbulax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 10:38:32 pm »

Someone needs to construct a giant Clear Glass eye on top of them, and fill it with magma.

Agreed, this suggestion wins IMHO. Maybe also include a way to drop the magma onto enemies.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 12:01:00 am »

Well seeing as there is no magma source in the map... You'd have to cheat some how... and to make a reasonable looking eye... you'd take forever with that dwarf tweak program.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 12:11:12 am »

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 09:27:32 am »

Build a fortress between the spires! Using nothing but rock, no wood :D.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 10:23:52 am »

Could you give us a location?
Like, copy save, abandon, Reclaim printscreen?
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 10:35:32 am »

k serious post:

Elephants aren't so deadly anymore.  And yes, please.  Caps.  And punctuation.  Sometimes, if a post looks bad enough (punctuation/spelling/grammer wise), some people will just skip over it.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5