Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Amazing Potential Location...  (Read 9796 times)

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Potential Location...
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 01:31:37 pm »

I've been trying to get that save for you guys, it doesn't seem to want to work right. I'll try some other things, but ya.

Any news? (I really want this :P)
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 10:07:53 pm »

I'm having a problem with it continuing to critical error O.o wtf...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2009, 03:43:23 am »

:-[ Too bad...
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2009, 11:07:52 am »

Just bumping this up with some info and a question.

I wasn't able to gen any of the 2 world, but thank to the help of Blakmane, the second world not from OP) is now in my possesion. He was however, not able to gen the world that started this topic. (link to my topic: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=33917.0)

So, what I would like to ask now, Shaostoul, are you sure this is the correct seed? Have you modified the raws in any way so that they might have changed the world genning procces? Could you post the regionx map, or the entire DF folder from the world?

Thx in advance,
Eviltyphoon

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2009, 01:00:30 pm »

I wasn't able to gen any of the 2 world, but thank to the help of Blakmane, the second world not from OP) is now in my possesion. He was however, not able to gen the world that started this topic. (link to my topic: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=33917.0)

So, what I would like to ask now, Shaostoul, are you sure this is the correct seed? Have you modified the raws in any way so that they might have changed the world genning procces? Could you post the regionx map, or the entire DF folder from the world?

Thx in advance,
Eviltyphoon

Try getting rid of smoothing extreme cliffs in the world gen options.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2009, 01:45:04 pm »

Try getting rid of smoothing extreme cliffs in the world gen options.

Well, I directly copied his world gen options, so this shouldn't make it work. And it didn't  :(
Were you (or anyone else seeing this) able to gen this world? If so, could you please post it?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2009, 09:37:44 pm »

I had a new race gen'd in... I also added a stone... could that make a huge difference. It took the place of Salt Peter. I made it more dense too.

Uhm... I'll try to think of anything else. Would a cheat reaction have any effect?

I'll see if I can gen the world again.

You know of a file hosting site? I could set up the entire folder or something.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2009, 11:02:13 pm »

I had a new race gen'd in... I also added a stone... could that make a huge difference. It took the place of Salt Peter. I made it more dense too.

Uhm... I'll try to think of anything else. Would a cheat reaction have any effect?

I'll see if I can gen the world again.

You know of a file hosting site? I could set up the entire folder or something.

Changes to the raws, especially environment raws, will completely change the worlds.

The only practical solution would be to zip your entire df folder and upload it on dffd: http://dffd.wimbli.com/

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2009, 02:09:20 am »

Alright, I'll get that all uploaded.

Igmuth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2009, 02:06:12 pm »

If you end up creating anything interesting with the second world, be sure to post it.  I'd like to see what other people manage to create with that spire.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2009, 02:11:08 pm »

Well, what I want to create could use both worlds. So, right now I'm waiting till I have both of em so I can compare the in-depth features of each location and choose one that is the most fittiting. But I'lll probably try on both at the same time.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2009, 04:50:58 pm »

Alright well I be having slight issues with getting the save to load... keeps saying that the creature i made is missing definition... I'll keep at it, maybe I'll figure it out.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2009, 05:08:30 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=962

that should work for y'all

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2009, 05:13:09 am »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2009, 07:04:38 pm »

You're very welcome =-D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5