Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: One-in-a-million moments you've witnessed?  (Read 67209 times)

Kav

• Bay Watcher
  • b-C-w
    • View Profile
Re: One-in-a-million moments you've witnessed?
« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2009, 11:35:43 am »

The dragon could have bitten him to dead, or have ripped him apart with his claws

So he got shot in the eye, murdered the hunter, then decided he was tired and would have a nap before more slaughter? I just assumed the hit knocked him out on the spot, but I guess that makes sense. Although I rather like the "Or he was so amazed with his hit that he took a permanent nap." theory.

Also, we found an the inscription of the dragon striking down the baby :(..... so much fun :D

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2009, 06:34:33 am »

I've just had a marksdwarf, hunter, take out a giant eagle, straight from the sky. After that his two hunting dogs begin to rip it apart while he coutinued to shoot it. It is now deceased.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2009, 10:56:18 am »

I've just had a marksdwarf, hunter, take out a giant eagle, straight from the sky. After that his two hunting dogs begin to rip it apart while he coutinued to shoot it. It is now deceased.
Urist REALLY wanted some KFC.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2009, 11:30:09 am »

I just love sharing this story with everyone: My one in a million moment was when a migrant was attacked by a horse. Now since I had walled off my fortress the migrant was sure to die. She was, after all beaten too badly to move. Then the monkeys came. The rhesus macaques would wrestle him until they were over-exerted and unconscious. They tore out his throat, but she didn't die. Slowly, over the period of nearly a year and a half the dwarf lay there being torn apart. She never got hungry or thirsty, so never died of starvation or dehydration. In the end she was nothing but a head, torso and half an arm. The end also only came when some goblins chased off the monkeys. It was discovered that the monkeys had been keeping her alive, and any rescue attempt would kill her.

This was in unmodded DF. You can see an early video of her here: http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-931-monkeyman

I say monkeyman, but that's because I hadn't checked gender until later. And while this may be one in a million, I hope that this can one day be replicated to find out exactly how long something can last through that without intereference.
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2009, 12:11:48 pm »

I just love sharing this story with everyone: My one in a million moment was when a migrant was attacked by a horse. Now since I had walled off my fortress the migrant was sure to die. She was, after all beaten too badly to move. Then the monkeys came. The rhesus macaques would wrestle him until they were over-exerted and unconscious. They tore out his throat, but she didn't die. Slowly, over the period of nearly a year and a half the dwarf lay there being torn apart. She never got hungry or thirsty, so never died of starvation or dehydration. In the end she was nothing but a head, torso and half an arm. The end also only came when some goblins chased off the monkeys. It was discovered that the monkeys had been keeping her alive, and any rescue attempt would kill her.

This was in unmodded DF. You can see an early video of her here: http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-931-monkeyman

I say monkeyman, but that's because I hadn't checked gender until later. And while this may be one in a million, I hope that this can one day be replicated to find out exactly how long something can last through that without intereference.

sounds like... hey, you look hungry, here is your own finger to nibble on.. can I have some too?
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2011, 04:38:23 pm »

One world with two types of shadow crones. Both of them were females. Weird...I think.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ZachUSAman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2011, 09:20:15 pm »

yesterday I saw this action report
>champion crossbow dwarf dodges to the side
>champion crossbow dwarf is blown apart
.... so he dodged an attack so hard that he hit the wall and blew up?
COOL

Daveorock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 04, 2011, 12:25:42 am »

This is a short but just soooo uncommon... When (just now) my 10 miners decided to go on break AT THE SAME TIME! Now I can't use my only miners to mine... nice...
Twenty seconds after the collapse, 14 dwarves hit the ground simultaneously.
EDIT: make that 15. Not sure what took that last one so long.
Urist McLemming cancels Fall: Dangerous Terrain

Narux

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 04, 2011, 12:47:18 am »

During a goblin siege, one of my female dwarves got hurt. Her intestines was hanging outside her belly and she was taken to the hospital, since I didnt have any good doctors she were pretty much just left there.

Some time passes, I see her walking around in the fort. I thought she were okay, but when I check her description her intestines were still hanging out and somehow she got sent to the hospital again.

And meanwhile in hospital, she gave birth to a baby, which she couldnt take care of so that baby was crawling around everywhere randomly. The baby fell off my drawbridge and died, mother with intestines hanging out berserked and started to kill other patients.

leftycook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 04, 2011, 02:18:06 am »

during a tantrum spiral i had a gutted dwarf dragging two squares of his intestines behind him trying to get to the hospital, and a horse happened past and walked over his intestines, he fell over and died. i dont know if it was related, but it was perfectly timed and damn funny.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 04, 2011, 02:22:50 am »

A one-in-a-million moment... Ah! I once saw the chief medical dwarf actually diagnose a patient! Though it may have been a dream...

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2011, 05:49:17 am »

A one-in-a-million moment... Ah! I once saw the chief medical dwarf actually diagnose a patient! Though it may have been a dream...
Oh my gosh, me too! And I even saw one clean said patient afterwards with soap.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2011, 06:16:00 am »

This is a short but just soooo uncommon... When (just now) my 10 miners decided to go on break AT THE SAME TIME! Now I can't use my only miners to mine... nice...
They've formed a guild and gone on strike. Turning the water magma hoses on them is the only option now.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2011, 08:11:50 am »

I once had a armorsmith, who got stabbed by a kobold thief no 2 frames after creating a steel breastplate trough a fey mood.

It was like
Urist McArmorsmith has created artifact steel breastplate
*unpauses game*
*game pauses again, instandly* Thief! Protect the hoard!
*unpauses game*
Urist McArmorsmith has been struck down!

Those are the moments when I feel like laughing and crying at the same time.

Another one:
I have once had a badass elf girl. Ya rly.
I have a habbit of locking trader into a 7x7 room with the depot in the middle and cage-traps all around.
Then I use those traders (if they go berserk) in my arena.
That one time I captured a elf girl who killed her merchant companion and all caravan animals in something like 10 frames.
Once cought in a cage I used her in my arena, where she spent the next 6 years, killing:
22 Goblins (one of them was even armed, I forgot to disarm him, only noticed after she killed him)
13 other elven traders
17 humans (trader, invaders, caravan guards)
2 dwarfs
1 Ettin !
lots of different animals
and that all with her bare hands!

After that I cought her in a golden cage and displayed her in my main dining hall.

Do intelligent beings still gain stats after going berserk?
If so, then she must have been a legendary fighter/striker/dodger/wrestler by then.

Another fort I created not far away showed lots of engravings of her, raping and slaughtering several of her victims
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:18:23 am by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2011, 05:30:44 pm »

Bloody hell, GWG, watch the necrobumping!
くコ:彡
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20