Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: One-in-a-million moments you've witnessed?  (Read 66846 times)

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One-in-a-million moments you've witnessed?
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2011, 05:48:03 pm »

Witnessing one at the very moment: I fought a mud forgotten beast with deadly vapors, one mid skilled dwarf dodged into the water and unfortunately drowned before i could make a ramp at that spot (due to magmaflooding there was a steep obsidian edge  :-\. Since it didn't show anyone being hit by frozen forgotten beast boiling extract in the combat log (it got like 2 shotted by an axelord... mud) i was happily mining out a water reservoir for corpse retrieval. Then i go check the unit screen to see where my miner went.. his job reads rest.  ::)
I go check the hospital and there's my axelord already diagnosed and laying on the table being treated by my high master surgeon (migrants new what i needed as i'm playing without dangerrooms and had full hospitals after a few sieges). I check his status screen and it's one and a half page of all his body covered in blisters. I check the health screen and almost every possible body part is inflicted with advanced rot and needs surgery (some bones are still in the serious blistering stage  ???.
Gonna unpause now and cross my fingers  :D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2011, 06:07:17 pm »

Bloody hell, GWG, watch the necrobumping!
I'd much prefer a necrobump than a completely new identical thread.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2011, 08:28:52 pm »

Yes.

Just slaughtered a five squad siege. No casualties, so much goblinite (In 40d)!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 06, 2011, 11:24:19 pm »

This is the most deserving one-in-a-million i can think of. I'm not really involved obviously.

As for myself, I once had a fortress entirely destroyed by goblins, with just one survivor, a fisherdwarf. Not even a cat to keep him company. He lasted a year all alone before being killed in an ambush.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 06, 2011, 11:43:33 pm »

In a glass tower in a tundra, a cave crocodile broke a window to a hospital and was killed. But then a forgotten beast--a pteradon with a deadly sting flew in and killed a carpenter and father of two before being stabbed to death by speardwarves and made into roasts. The child of the father went moody, took the bones of the thing that killed its father and carved an image of its father. Then (literally within five minutes) a magma man came through my forge, embraced the very same, now legendary, child and burned it alive even as the kid tore it in half with punches. Then goblins came in huge numbers and killed everyone. I thought the magma man was an omen from Armok. The whole situation reminded me of the movie Fargo for some reason (maybe the tundra factor).
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 07, 2011, 04:25:59 am »

Probably the time my fort fell.... to crundles. Not just regular crundles, but crundles that aggro'd a FB down in the caves, and fled into the fort. The FB was easily slain, but I didnt realize untill it was too late that the FB had brought The Rot with it. Horrifyingly enough, it died in the hospital.  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]