Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plant processing?  (Read 834 times)

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Plant processing?
« on: April 05, 2009, 10:34:59 pm »

Can I make the dwarves only process one type of plant and nothing else?

I'm swimming in quarry bushes due to a screwup with my farming, but don't want the rope reeds, longland grass, cave wheat, or pig tails processed because I need the booze, I have plenty of meat and fat (and quarry bushes), and the elves have graciously donated more rope reed cloth than I'll ever need.

Can I set up the farmer's workshop to only process quarry bushes?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Plant processing?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 10:36:51 pm »

No, but you could disclude quarry bushes from you main food stockpile and lock a thresher in a room with a quarry bush stockpile, a lot of bags, and a millstone or quern.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:40:32 pm »

The process to bag job should do quarry bushes exclusively, unless there's an above ground crop that can be processed to a bag.

Pig tails will only be processed by the process plants job, sweet pods by process to barrel. I'm not familiar with above ground crops though.

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:45:15 pm »

As far as I know quarry bush does process to bag job, which's the only plant that does it. Wheat and longland grass's ground in a mill or quern, and the other uses regular process plant task.

(Course, correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't processed many plants other than pigtail and quarry bush  ;D )

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:48:01 pm »

Okay, so it should be doing fine on it's own.

The stocks screen shows 500 plants in the 'plants' entry on the list, but the summary from pressing Z only shows 200-odd. Is there meant to be a discreptancy, or is my clerk lazy?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 10:51:00 pm »

What's the accuracy level of your clerk set to?

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 11:06:26 pm »

I think (not sure) that the fort status screen only counts plants that are edible raw, like plump helmets.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 11:14:38 pm »

What's the accuracy level of your clerk set to?

Max. All work done, clerk's at legendary.