Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Who else can't wait to maul their dwarves?  (Read 10231 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Who else can't wait to maul their dwarves?
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:22:50 pm »

I know I can't! The new update is gonna have doctors, and that means we don't need to be careful about our constructions and digging because we can just have doctors fix up any booboos!

Oh man, the first thing I'm gonna do is drop a hundred dwarves off a 6 z-level tower and see how many survive with one doctor on call.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Atlas

• Bay Watcher
  • Supertitanly Tough
    • View Profile
    • Rideo- Latin For Lol
Re: Who else can't wait to maul their dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 11:33:14 pm »

I bet dismembered limbs will not be replaceable by doctors.
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 11:35:47 pm »

I never get any dismembered limbs ...  :(

All my dwarves either heal completely or die. Sure a bruised spine here and there, a punctured lung that refuses to heal .. but no lost hands/feet/arms/noses/eyes .. nothing! They all just die instead.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 12:29:57 am »

I never get any dismembered limbs ...  :(

All my dwarves either heal completely or die. Sure a bruised spine here and there, a punctured lung that refuses to heal .. but no lost hands/feet/arms/noses/eyes .. nothing! They all just die instead.

Just tell em to wrestle some magma men.

Also, who thinks it would be awesome to have a dwarven clockwork limb?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 12:30:44 am »

Yeah, I'm going to make siegers that spit necrotizing venom, excrete clouds of poison that makes you bleed, they're gonna be great.
Shoes...

thepuska

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 04:20:28 am »

I'll be purposedly maiming children and other useless dwarves to train my doctors.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 04:58:51 am »

Surely this means we must mod on extra limbs for the dwarves, so we can better study the effects of losing them!

Wahad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 05:15:51 am »

Surely this means we must mod on extra limbs for the dwarves, so we can better study the effects of losing them!

Doc Urist McOck?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 08:05:56 am »

I can't do it all on my own, no,
I know, I'm no superdwarf.

Also, many chuckles will be had, whenever you get a doctor who "needs alcohol to get through the working day". Because it's funny when it doesnt happen to you, in real life, again.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:24 am »

Doc Urist McOck?

While it may sound a bit disturbing, i'd get some lolz off killing elves by throwing Xsevered dwarven penisX at them.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 04:32:28 pm »

Doc Urist McOck?

While it may sound a bit disturbing, i'd get some lolz off killing elves by throwing Xsevered dwarven penisX at them.

You know, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to plan on modding in a dwarven wang.

That's beyond even me.

dornbeast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 05:00:43 pm »

I bet dismembered limbs will not be replaceable by doctors.

Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.
Quote from: Dornbeast

Emperor Iones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 05:26:26 pm »

This is a Adamantine Dwarven Mechanical Arm. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of blue diamond and is decorated with hanging rings of elf bone, goblin bone, human bone, and carp bone. On it is an engraving of Firefire Killslaughter the Demon and Urist McChampion in demon bone. Firefire is in a fetal position. Urist is laughing.
Dorf replacement limbs would be awesome.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 05:57:45 pm »

This is a Adamantine Dwarven Mechanical Arm. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of blue diamond and is decorated with hanging rings of elf bone, goblin bone, human bone, and carp bone. On it is an engraving of Firefire Killslaughter the Demon and Urist McChampion in demon bone. Firefire is in a fetal position. Urist is laughing.
Dorf replacement limbs would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure I remember prosthetics being mentioned somewhere. At least, I hope Toady adds things like peg legs and hook hands. If used, the dwarves hand skills (mining, wrestling, etc) drop by 50% or something, but the dwarf can continue regular work.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 06:09:38 pm »

You guys are all sick, wonder how stuck ins are now going to be handled or atleast in the future.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"
Pages: [1] 2 3