Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Let's play - Empire: Total War. Turn 18, 1708. Research table! :o  (Read 41696 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play - Empire: Total War. Turn 18, 1708. The peace of Astrakhan.
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2009, 01:39:47 pm »

To my minister of diplomacy;

Though I am not sure if you agree with the ceasefire, we should focus us on the time being on Georgia. After all, a ceasefire is not permanent. ;)
Also, I have been having a look at possible areas to expand in. The Italian States, as someone has already dropped some time ago, have no allies, but are liked by all christian factions. We could risk attacking them, especially since we have army group Patras in Venice, possibly looking at completely annexating Italy by storming Lombardy and Napels, both Spanish territories. An other possibility is taking the battle to Morroco, though that would mean a lot of effort to get our forces there and a lot of wasted forces for some time. And even then, we might need to give the province to the Barbary States for stability reasons, or trade it away for Tunis ( though we will still get 60% of their income ).

Resurrecting the Society of Assassins? Far be it to me to question your wisdom, but...the Society of Assassins are Shia Seveners. They aren't even part of the mainstrem Twelvers. Eh.

I'm fine with the ceasefire. Less population to absorb. But Russia is a basketcase, and by the time the ceasefire is expired, I'm expecting Russia to be wiped off the map by other powers. It's your choice though.

Invade Italy, take over Rome. The Christans don't like us, and we don't like the Chrisitans. Besides, war between Muslims is something we should avoid...altough if the conflict continues, I think we do have to intervene against the Morrocans who desire to expand onto Muslim territory for no good reason.

Giving away our territory for...stability...reasons? What a strange concept. Our empire is large enough to absorb any Muslim populations. I wouldn't give away our territory unless we have no other choice, altough even in that case, it would be better to trade it off to Tunis.

Minister of Finances and Colonization, I would like to know how the colonies in Arabia is doing. Also, how do you feel about colonization prospects in the 'New World' (North and South America)?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2009, 02:15:54 pm »

Very well, as the minister of diplomacy suggests, move army group Patras south towards Rome.  Take it, if at all possible.  Have army group Fox move west to support Venice.

Meanwhile, use army groups Crimea and Armenia to strike at Georgia itself.  With us coming from both the north and south, I can't see any way they will survive.    Then, have army group Crimea return to the north, and be ready to strike at Russia.

Recruitment should go mainly to army groups Patras and Fox.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2009, 02:22:04 pm »

Well, when we think about the Americas, we should consider the travel time, which is going to be a concern. If we decide to colonize it we should be willing to devote a whole army group to exterminating slash enslaving the natives.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2009, 02:33:38 pm »

To my minister of diplomacy;

Though I am not sure if you agree with the ceasefire, we should focus us on the time being on Georgia. After all, a ceasefire is not permanent. ;)
Also, I have been having a look at possible areas to expand in. The Italian States, as someone has already dropped some time ago, have no allies, but are liked by all christian factions. We could risk attacking them, especially since we have army group Patras in Venice, possibly looking at completely annexating Italy by storming Lombardy and Napels, both Spanish territories. An other possibility is taking the battle to Morroco, though that would mean a lot of effort to get our forces there and a lot of wasted forces for some time. And even then, we might need to give the province to the Barbary States for stability reasons, or trade it away for Tunis ( though we will still get 60% of their income ).

Resurrecting the Society of Assassins? Far be it to me to question your wisdom, but...the Society of Assassins are Shia Seveners. They aren't even part of the mainstrem Twelvers. Eh.

I'm fine with the ceasefire. Less population to absorb. But Russia is a basketcase, and by the time the ceasefire is expired, I'm expecting Russia to be wiped off the map by other powers. It's your choice though.

Invade Italy, take over Rome. The Christans don't like us, and we don't like the Chrisitans. Besides, war between Muslims is something we should avoid...altough if the conflict continues, I think we do have to intervene against the Morrocans who desire to expand onto Muslim territory for no good reason.

Giving away our territory for...stability...reasons? What a strange concept. Our empire is large enough to absorb any Muslim populations. I wouldn't give away our territory unless we have no other choice, altough even in that case, it would be better to trade it off to Tunis.

Minister of Finances and Colonization, I would like to know how the colonies in Arabia is doing. Also, how do you feel about colonization prospects in the 'New World' (North and South America)?
Shia Seveners... mainstream Twelvers? Eh?
Anyway, I didn't really reformed them. It was just a bit of fluff to explain the sudden arrival of two new hashashin.
And, with stability reasons, I meant that it would be hard to defend Morroco if Spain decided to invade it, seeing how far it would be from our other territories, and how far it would be from any sizeable amount of forces. Tunis, on the other hand, would be shielded by Barbary territory and sea from the north ( which is easier to control for us ).

Oh, browsed the Shia Seveners and Twelvers thing. I am not a picky sultan. All muslims are welcome.

Also, IF Russia gets wiped out, remember that it will be by the Sweden, who likes us the most for a reason. Hell, he is in "green" on the diplomacy screen. So it wouldn't be that off a concern.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:36:23 pm by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2009, 02:45:12 pm »

Ah, gotcha Asheron. I thought it was like EU, when you expand too fast, you gain more BadBoy points, meaning the people are more likely to rebel against you for artibrary reasons.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2009, 06:36:29 pm »

Ah, gotcha Asheron. I thought it was like EU, when you expand too fast, you gain more BadBoy points, meaning the people are more likely to rebel against you for artibrary reasons.
If you expand too fast, other nations DO start to dislike you.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2009, 06:42:46 pm »

Meh. Do whatever.
Yarg.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2009, 06:45:14 pm »

One spy to stay in the Balkans, in case of a war in the west. The other two spies are two glean valuable information on the makeup of Georgian armies.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2009, 01:55:50 pm »

Aqizzar, where areth thee?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

If you didn't keep playing while I'm asleep it wouldn't be a problem.

Taxes?  Taxes look fine.  Not worried about that.

You haven't described any of the research options, so I can't choose between them.

And dammit, I knew I should have recommended building those barracks a couple turns ago.  Get on that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is my rather expertly made research table. Eeerh. Yes.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play - Empire: Total War. Turn 18, 1708. Research table! :o
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2009, 09:46:40 am »

Am I to understand that those are all the research options we have to choose between?  And that the number in the upper right is time-to-research or some such?

Out of every choice, my absolute rationalist attitude allows me no option besides Empiricism.  If there's time left (I don't know how time works), the Steam Pump, because anachronistically advanced steam industry is just plain cool.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2009, 09:50:49 am »

Am I to understand that those are all the research options we have to choose between?  And that the number in the upper right is time-to-research or some such?

Out of every choice, my absolute rationalist attitude allows me no option besides Empiricism.  If there's time left (I don't know how time works), the Steam Pump, because anachronistically advanced steam industry is just plain cool.

Yes, those are all the options for the moment. The number is the amount of turns we need, with a turn being 6 months, and I update every 2/3/4 turns. 

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2009, 01:04:19 pm »

Yet another pause in update due, this time because of school preparations. Yet another humble apology by your sultan.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]