Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Base heat  (Read 667 times)

¿

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Base heat
« on: April 07, 2009, 05:01:57 pm »

What things in the raws can have a set base temperature? I remember hearing about things like flaming crossbow bolts and arrows, but they would lead to spontaneously combusting marksmen.

I want farmable plants with a really high temperature. I'd put a plot around my fortress by the entrance. It'd be a small plot so it wouldn't need to a planter's attention after they've grown and are dangerous. I'd forbid them in my food stockpiles. Lastly, I'd have a dump of booze barrels on a retractable bridge above. You can see where this is going.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Base heat
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 05:21:48 pm »

I dont think plants temp raws can be changed. Just stone and metal, neither of which should useful for your project.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 05:46:46 pm »

The tag you're looking for is [FIXED_TEMP:n], by the way. Unfortunately, it only appears to work with minerals, metal, creatures, and pretty much anything that comes off of a creature. You might be able to do something with those last two.

Some standard temperature values, by the way:

9508 - absolute 0 degrees Kelvin. Feel free to go lower than that.
10000 - Freezing point of water.
10070 - Somewhere around room temperature.
10800 - Temperature of Fire Men.
12500 - Approximate temperature of magma.
25000 - Hottest temperature value mentioned in the vanilla game (excluding boiling points). HFS melts at this temperature; whether that's a verb or a property depends on which HFS you're talking about.
60000 - A little higher than this, temperature tags stop working correctly due to number restrictions, so this should be your absolute maximum.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:50:44 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 06:04:54 pm »

the wiki also has more here: http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Temperature_scale

I don't know if it's all accurate or not, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!