Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Shared Game Of LCS  (Read 3799 times)

adam01526

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A Shared Game Of LCS
« on: April 09, 2009, 10:07:36 am »

I know that something like this been done before but the thread seems to be dead. The idea is that you control the game for a year, you cannot control it for two years running but you are allowed more than one go. You have to post what you want to achieve when you first take over, any updates you want to add and how much of what you set out to achieve have you. So does anyone want to give it go?

1st January 2007

Aims

*To get $50,000
*To get the founder to elite liberal

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:16:32 am by adam01526 »

adam01526

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: A Shared Game Of LCS
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 11:04:42 am »

1st January 2008

I have made $5000 :(
My founder and 5 other members of the LCS are in prison, two of them are in there for 11 and 15 years, whilst the others are awaiting trial. The founder Howard should get released because he has managed to talk his way out twice before and he has 3 in law.

Here is the link to the save.

http://uploading.com/files/P53NSX0K/save.dat.html

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:02:50 pm »

So is this like a community game? I'd feel better if it was organized instead of this. This should probably go to the forum games section. Hilarity ensues when people who don't normally play LCS, play LCS.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

adam01526

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:30:56 pm »

Ok, I havent played LCS since 3.09 so im crap :)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:00:14 pm »

I took up the save game.  Things are looking rough.  The last free LCS member died to a stray soldier.  The founder won his case, barely, so it's time for vengence.

I'm only in mid term, but I need to stop playing for a while, so if someone wants to take over, be my guest.  If not, I'll get back to work tomorrow.

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/save.dat
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:22:39 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 07:40:39 pm »

I figure what would be better is that the founder take a back seat... only to recruit the player character....  Basically General and Lieutenant kind of deal...

Question: Is there a total liberal cap?  I havn't reached it myself...  (Not counting individual character cap)

My proposal:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Random footnotes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It would be interesting... to see how things would develop... with the subtle in-fighting...

Winner = Lt. completing their total agenda?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 07:48:42 pm »

Well, thinking of the Player Moles though...

Lt. A needs to attack the court house to affect Gun Laws, while brainwashing CEOs and getting them to promote Conservativism to change Labor Laws.

Lt. B needs to attack factories and get Conservative Judge sleepers to promote Conservativism and get Gun Laws to be C+.

Having different Agendas would prevent people from playing the "I have so many Conservative News Anchors on my payroll that I basically own Fox News" card. Which is a good thing. The bad news is that it makes spouting conservativism good.

There needs to be a way Lt. A and Lt. B would be able to start attacking each other though.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:51:39 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 08:29:58 pm »

Ah, its not available in-game mechanic, except by suicide missions or something...   No protection against that.

Think RP... 
Let the players work against each other.  The founder, an elite liberal, is 'oblivious' to your conservative agenda and won't tolerate open in-fighting / will put you down.  (Think of it as all your subordinates hold varying loyalty to the founder... you don't know who would stab you in the back or 'reeducate' you under his/her orders if you are found to be causing more trouble then good...)

Only together cause you have some common goals... and the founder is a true/better leader then all of you....
United you stand against the arch-conservatives.  Divided, small fish to be eaten whole and/or ignored.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

AdamN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 08:18:58 am »

I think that the game should be started again as has been stated the founder should take a backseat role recruiting and seducing and letting his minions risk their lives. By the way adam01526 and me are the same but i have forgotten the passowrd for adam01526

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 09:42:28 am »

I think that the game should be started again as has been stated the founder should take a backseat role recruiting and seducing and letting his minions risk their lives. By the way adam01526 and me are the same but i have forgotten the passowrd for adam01526

If we are restarting, you might want to reconsider the length of a turn as well.  A year is a Looong time for some players.  With the developed squad you handed over to me at the end of your term, I think I could shift popular opinion to L+ in a year of time.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

AdamN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 10:15:49 am »

I agree, i think that the minimum should be a month and the maximum two years. What do you think about it?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 01:41:59 pm »

I think a month might be most interesting.  It would enhance the sharedness of the game.  It would slow it down somewhat, but probably not too much.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 12:22:38 am »

Edit: I agree with AdamN, let the player decide from one month to two years, based on how they want to play, and the events of the game.

Also, the idea of acting through Leutenants is good, simply because it'll increase the survival rate of this game, and allow our accomplishments to be more permenant.  However, I'd suggest we keep actual regulations low for two reasons:

1) Due to the nature of the game, tactical flexibility is essential for survival.  I'm not gonna surrender somebody's mass murderer Avatar just because the Police show up and I don't want to play them.  Ok, maybe I won't...

2) From my experience running the Association of Liberal Crime Squads, I conclude regulations probably stiffle and scare away players.

The player interaction dynamic is interesting.  What do we think about one player who amasses $50,000 only to have the next burn the money on guns for suicide squads, leaving the LCS broke and hated?  Would the first player be upset?  Would the second player be praised for being humorous, or hated for being Conservative? 

Do we have the maturity to say: It's just a game, and when I turn this save over, I realize the next player will probably intentionally lose, and I'm ok with that.

I like the idea, partially because it allows me to indulge my egotism, and partially because I never am able to finish a game of LCS.  Oh, the game's fun too.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 01:37:17 am »

I'm inclined to agree that minimal regulations and a preparedness to accept that the next guy is entirely likely to drive the squad into the ground is the best policy for something like this. ;)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 08:49:06 am »

Watered-down version:

Character catagory:
Founder -  Big Boss <-- this person should stay alive... >.> if it could be helped...
Lieutenant(Lt.) - The Player Boss, under the Founder

Ground Rules:
1. Can't use someone else's Lt. for activities / on-site stuff... or deliberately move em to a hot-zone...

2. At end of turn the Lt. is advised to lay low...

3. Each Lt. can be as Liberal or Conservative as they wish with the policies... they each have their own agenda.

4.  No, you cannot be an arch-conservative, thats the job of the CCS.  You should have at least 4-5 Liberal Agendas to work towards.  This is LCS after-all....
Pages: [1] 2