Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Treasure Castle Midnight Madness! Turn 4: 30 extra lives  (Read 7813 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Castle Midnight Madness! turn 1: the mystery of the trap door
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 04:51:08 pm »

you all have magical bottomless pockets.

EDIT: also, only emperor and floirt have to post before i can do the new turn
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 04:56:08 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 06:32:50 pm »

Go through a random door, looking for stuff.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 01:11:13 pm »

Investigate the sound.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Castle Midnight Madness! Turn 2: Rodents of unusual size
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2009, 03:38:37 pm »

inaluct
you pull on the back of the cabinet with all your might! a secret door swings open! in the corner of the room is a menacing statue with the appearance of a demon. also in the room is a locked golden sarcophagus attached to the wall, 4 pots, a door leading out and a barred window in addition to the door you came through.

Yaaga
looking in the chest earns you a note

"this is just say, i have eaten the plums that were in cold storage and which you were probably saving for breakfast. forgive me they were delicious. so sweet and so cold." you exit out the door. now you are in a hallway. the only things of note are mice scurrying across the floor, two doors and stairs leading down.

Rika
crawling under the bed, you don't find any treasure. what you do find is a rodent of unusual size! it hisses and leaps at you! (giant rat roll: 6) it misses its mark and rolls off your back into the wall. the giant rat is dazed for the moment.

Bob
you take the door farthest from the window. this room has an oven, dish towels a carving knife stuck in a board, running water, and another door in addition to the door you just came through. the smell of meat wafts through said door, but you can hear the sound of an animal growling from behind it as well.

Crispin
you exit the study into a room of doors. there are four doors in this room with symbols on them. the door you came through has a book. the other three doors are in front of you. the one in the middle has a heart. the one on the right has a jesters hat. the other door has no symbol.

Emperor
the door is locked so you take the stairs. up here is what looks like a playroom for kids. there are many toys blocks and a rocking horse in here. upon entering the room you see a cloaked figure looking at the rocking horse.
upon seeing you he flees the room through another door.

Floirt
you see that there is a crease in the floor near where you heard the sound. stepping on it reveals that a large square area of the wood floor in this room is loose. you stomp on the wood to see if it can be pried loose (Floirt roll: 2)
but it doesn't budge.

INVENTORYS

Spoiler: Emperor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inaluct (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crispin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Floirt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yaaga (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rika (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:40:15 pm by Dragooble »

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2009, 03:40:38 pm »

That line about the plum sounds familiar...

Anyway, I go down the stairs, and into the first door that I see.
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2009, 03:42:38 pm »

The note thing is awesome.

Anyway, I'm going to carefully grab the pots and look inside them (mummified organs, right?), but I'm going to be careful not to let the door close behind me. I'll also keep my eye on the demon statue.

Ririka

• Bay Watcher
  • 1 out of 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2009, 04:04:55 pm »

I attack the giant rat with my hunting knife!

I sure hope I don't get killed by a rat... :(
Call me Rika.
'I often don't know where my Luggage is, that's what being a tourist is all about,'said Twoflower.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2009, 04:06:04 pm »

I'll head through the Jester Hat door

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2009, 06:50:12 pm »

CHASE THE CLOAKED MAN DOWN AND EAT HIM

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2009, 06:59:11 pm »

only floirt and bob need to post now.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2009, 07:34:25 pm »

Take distance, then sprint towards the wall, jump, run on it, do a backflip just before the ceiling and land on the loose part of the floor. HARD.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

bob_smith

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2009, 10:29:15 pm »

I take the carving knife, and open the other door, preparing for a fight.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2009, 10:44:08 pm »

By the way, for people who didn't get the note's point, it's a reference to a famous poem. Here's a conveniently illustrated version.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Castle Midnight Madness! Turn 3: Close proximity
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2009, 12:05:17 am »

Yaaga
going down the stairs reveals a room divided by a steel door and steel bars. you go through the only door out and arrive at a very mysterious room. it's upside down! on the "Above" you is a multicolored chest. in front of you is a door and a brass chandelier "hanging" on a chain.

inaluct
gathering up the pots causes the demon statue to, in one swift motion, levitate, speed toward the secret door , flip around to face you, land and block your exit. replacing the jars does nothing. all but one of the jars contains something and it (thankfully) isn't mummy organs. its a note.
"up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, start."

Rika
(Rika attack: 5) (rat defense: 1) you slash the rat with your hunting knife and it explodes! you close your eyes and hold your knife in an epic fashion. the screen fades to black, and Japanese lettering appears behind you. you then open your eyes and pause for a moment to think about how ridiculous this looks.

Crispin
you head through the jester hat door. this room is divided in half by a steel door and steel bars. on the other side are stairs leading up, and a door. on your side is a very small multicolored box, a cuckoo clock, a cat figurine, and a miniature version of this room minus the miniature version of this room and a window outside, but oddly enough it's twilight outside instead of the midnight you came here in. you are quite certain you haven't been in here for almost an entire day now.

Emperor
you chase the cloaked man through the door, wishing to partake in some gentlemanly cannibalism. the masked man unfortunately appears to have fled through the door in this room and locked it. above the door is the word "Library" there are two wall sized portraits in this room. one of a little boy, and another of a little girl. the little girl is crying and the little boy appears to be laughing at her.

floirt
you try to perform a display of acrobatics and athleticism you thought up on the fly to pound the loose square of wood. (Floirt roll: 6) the display was too acrobatic and athletic though as you collapse a large portion of the floor in addition to the wood panel. falling through this area reveals yourself in a library! with a cloaked man! the cloaked man stares at you in surprise, too dazed at your loud and rather odd entrance to do anything, you are too dazed yourself too inspect the room further for the moment.

Bob
you remove the carving knife from the board and prepare to take on the growling menace. you fling open the door and attack the dog inside! (bob attack: 4) (Dog defense: 3) you slash the dog and it reels back. it lunges at you to repay you for your unruly behavior. (dog attack: 3) (Bob defense: 3) its teeth connect with your arm but it cant get a good enough grip to latch on.

INVENTORYS

Spoiler: Emperor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inaluct (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crispin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Floirt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yaaga (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rika (click to show/hide)

before anyone asks, yes, no matter how ridiculous the note, it will have an important role in getting more treasure. and yes, i will stop making so many references now.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2009, 12:10:55 am »

Oh my god, I recognize that! I do the button combo and gain a bunch of extra lives.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6