Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 4 hour game  (Read 962 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
4 hour game
« on: April 10, 2009, 12:14:07 am »

I made a game in 4 hours just to see if I could. I could, and I am rather pleased with the result.

This is a falling block arcade game, akin to tetris. It's called Photon and instructions are in the game.

Have fun.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHKNOJUP
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 4 hour game
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 01:28:35 am »

I played it, and I like it!

One thing I'd add though is the ability to manually call the next row of blocks down, maybe with the spacebar.

Also, there's a glitch where the blocks will hang in midair.

EDIT: OH, and for some reason, the game just ends spontaneously. Why can't it go on forever? I could play collapse at the highest speed almost indefinitely, so I wanted to try my luck at this.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, after the game spontaneously ends, there's a glitch where when you start a new game, you start off with the amount of energy you had when it cut you off.

Also, highscore:

I'm very happy with this game you made, and I'm surprised to see how talented you are!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:34:21 am by chaoticjosh »

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 02:31:07 am »

Pretty fun, but seems to just end abruptly?
Oh well, still got 8500  :)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 11:15:14 pm »

right now im downloading something else from megaupload but I'll check it out soon.

What compiler/language/whatever did you use?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 11:29:49 pm »

Game Maker. It's what I've been working with, and I've even won a state programming competition with it.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.