Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Helmaroc's RTD - Inactive  (Read 8496 times)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Helmaroc's RTD - The Artist - Turn 2
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 08:30:53 am »

Alright, I updated everything, rolling the first turn.

Madlarks - 4
You move over under the object and get on your tiptoes, and you realize how small the object is. After looking from different angles, you see that it has a reflective surface. There is a tiny red light on it as well.

Frey - 2
You sit down to meditate, but you are unable to think clearly with the noise around you.

Dreepy - 2 (meh, I'll kind of give you this one anyway)
You find the door to be locked.

Jedvagenij - 1
As you search, you catch your leg on a bunkbed and trip, falling on your side. You yelp as you twist your ankle. Once you sit up and check it out, you find that your foot is alright, but it still throbs and it is hard to walk on it.

Auburn - 5
You search thoroughly, but you do not find anything that could make fire. The room is very clean, not a speck of dust on the floor.

Errol - 6
You begin chanting, and end up using correct Latin, very loudly. When you are done yelling, the others seem annoyed.

Statuses
Madlarks - No wounds, wearing white pajamas
Frey - No wounds, wearing white pajamas
Dreepy - No wounds, wearing white pajamas
Jedvagenij - Twisted ankle, wearing white pajamas
Auburn - No wounds, wearing white pajamas
Errol - No wounds, wearing white pajamas
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 05:59:10 pm by Helmaroc »

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: Helmaroc's RTD - The Artist - Turn 1
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 09:00:09 am »

Help Jedvagenij up on a nearby bed and suggest to the others that we should have a pillow fight.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 09:21:41 am »

Frey will exercise, training for the battle that is to come.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 09:45:47 am »

I use my powers of seduction to make the men ram the door open for me.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 09:52:34 am »

Actually, I change my course. I help Jedvagenij up on the bed and suggest to Errol, the pervert, to go talk to that sexeh ladeh over there.

Zasit Alebath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jedvagenij.blog.hr
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 12:06:27 pm »

I will massage my ankle to relieve the pain
I deny that I exist, or have ever existed, for any legal purposes, particularly lawsuit.)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 01:03:12 pm »

I put on my robe and wizard hat.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 02:35:52 pm »

I try and figure out what the thing does through various experiments.

(And yes, it was an error that I wrote "Male" as race. 40 hours of no sleep is never a sane idea. And yeah, I'm quite the fan of Gaunt's Ghosts. Mad Larks, particularly.)
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 04:03:38 pm »

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Sorry, you don't have a robe and wizard hat...you could try to fashion a robe out of a bedsheet, I guess. Even if this guy usually carries those things with him, he woke up in the place with little remembrance of what happened. Whatever he had when he was in the art museum is gone, all he has is the fatigues he's wearing and anything in the room (don't worry, you won't be in this room too much longer).

Also, last turn I used a virtual die...I don't think it was very random. I'll be using a real die this time.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:16:01 pm by Helmaroc »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 02:42:32 am »

Alright, I fashion a summoning circle in order to summon up my robe and wizard hat.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 07:54:08 pm »

This is not a crazy impossible RTD. Try to be realistic with your actions. You can do seemingly impossible things, as long as you have the tools, time, and space to do them...you know, no summoning demons unless you find the means to do so, and you can't complete time-consuming tasks in a single turn.

Your character must be human, and cannot start out with any powers/magic/extreme skills.

I'm sorry, if you wanted to play as a wizard, this may not be the correct game for you...I'd really like to roll the next turn soon, so choose what you'd like to do. Like I said earlier, you won't all be stuck in this empty room much longer, but I apologize if this is getting boring/frustrating.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 01:34:07 am »

O-kay....

Well, my character claims to be a wizard, he may or may not be one (probably not), and as such, he'll try to summon up magic. And fail.

You may regard him as insane. He probably is.

Anyway, action is trying to open the door with the spell of "Bang your fist against it".

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 05:38:05 pm »

Alright, using real a real die...

Dreepy - 5
You help the large man into a bunk, and suggest Errol go talk to Auburn. He smiles and walks over, and they converse for a while.

Frey - 5
You begin exercising and manage to get a good work out. You are stronger, and gain a temporary (let's say 3 turns) +1 bonus to anything requiring any physical strain.

Auburn - 6
After a few moments of smiling and flaunting, all but Jedvagenij rush at the door, including Frey, who had just finished exercising. The door is smashed off of it's hinges and and falls out into a hallway. You hear in the distance a faint alarm.

Jedvagenij - 1
You lay on the bed and reach to massage your ankle, but as soon as your hand grabs your foot, you hit your head on the top bunk, causing you to yank your hand back. Your foot sears with pain and you howl. After a while your head starts to feel sore as well.

Errol - 4
You bang on the door with little success for a while before Auburn convinces you and the others to bash it down.

Korgan - 5
After peering at the object and thinking a while you decide that it is a camera of sorts. The red button seems to indicate it being on. Shortly after you find this out, Auburn causes you to madly charge at the door and you smash it down.

Statuses
Korgan, no wounds, white pajamas
Frey, no wounds, white pajamas, +1 to strength (3 turns remaining)
Auburn, no wounds, white pajamas
Jedvagenij, sprained ankle, bruised forehead, white pajamas
Errol, no wounds, white pajamas
Korgan, no wounds, white pajamas

The Hallway
The doorway leads out into a hallway that spans left and right. On both ends, it intersects with other halls. You see no other doors. There are lights on the ceiling. The walls are painted brick, the floors are tiles. You hear an alarm in the distance.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 06:26:51 pm by Helmaroc »

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 05:55:49 pm »

I pocket the camera and go right.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 06:01:08 pm »

The camera is on the ceiling, the ceiling is about two and a half feet out of reach. You could try to climb up on a bunk bed and execute a risky grab for it, but also keep in mind it is attached to the ceiling and it may be hard to simply pull it off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6