Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Masters of the Stars. RESTARTING THIS GAME. 3/5 Players needed  (Read 9332 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

It wouldn't be war so much as corporate sabotage. There are places that are better then others, much better. People tend to fight over things like that. It probably won't end up as an outright war, but there should be way for the corporations to fight.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Definately. But I'll have to work out that in a while. It'd prolyl take into account all the things your doing and stats and all.. and have a dice-off! :D

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

I think that Australia's fate should at least be mentioned. After all, it is a continent.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

I'll get around to that. But it will be hard to track it once you eventually get to insterstellar stages. I think at that point the plants will evolve into one being. And then when it get really bit (if i should say) then solar systems etc. etc.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

that point the plants will evolve into one being
AHHG! ATTACK OF THE PLANTS!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

I should've known they were up to something......

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

I'm working on a dice system as we speak with a friend. I shall post a prototype up tomorrow.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

I'm guessing that this is an alien-less universe? Because if it is, does non-sapient extra-solar life exist in it?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

We'll just have to find out, won't we?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

What the fun in telling you? :D

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Oh dear. I'm filled with an odd sense of foreboding.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I too late?

Australian Colonization Incorporated
Founded in 2031, only 4 years before the sinking of it's home continent into the Pacific Ocean, Australian Colonization Incorporated is a mining, manufacturing and colonization firm that specializes in pre-terraform colonies. Early in it's existence, AusCo Inc gained strong footholds in New Guinea, the United States, Western Europe, and Japan. These bases of operation outside of Australia were what allowed the company to survive the major setback they were presented with when Australia was obliterated by the merciless and cruel forces of plate tectonics.

AusCo, unlike many other corporations, has a strong interest in developing Europa before Mars. They feel that the discovery of large amounts of water under the moon's surface in 2039, combined with the natural profusion of iron on the moon, could make it a more successful colony than most on Mars.

Unlike most other corporations, AusCo does not colonize for profit alone; many of it's executives, employees, and shareholders saw their home continent destroyed. They know what it is like to embark to a new place, with no home to go back to. They know that someday, earth will have it's own Great Sinking, and they want the human race to be ready.

Would that work as a corporation?

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

Is it too late to join? If not...

Reserved. I'll have a group up later. Need to go eat.

Name: The Baradwell Organization

The Baradwell family, to be short, wants to see it's power expanded. It wants to focus on Mars and terraforming due to the massive profit opportunities, but there are many internal obstacles to even beginning to achieve this goal. The most prominent problem is that Peter Baradwell, co-founder of Connect Computers, a former computer micro-motherboard tycoon and the large family's most famous figure, has a crippling fatal condition that could kill him within half a decade. Peter has already lost use of his legs. At the ripe old age of 127, Peter has opted out of further life extensions, knowing that the disease would kill him before they had any use. His wife is greedy and uncaring, corrupted by the massive wells of her husband's wealth, and has her attention turned to somehow destroying Peter's will so she can claim every drop of gold in the ocean's of accumulated wealth. Peter's three children, Amy Baradwell, Sarah Baradwell, and Nick Baradwell are all poised to attempt to fill the void created by Peter's oncoming death, each eager to take over Peter's organization for themselves.

But the Baradwell Organization is not only home to the Baradwell family, it is also home to a wide range of actors, politicians, inventors, kingpins, and many other influential, famous, and skilled people. Having the official Baradwell Organization logo on your resume as well as a recommendation is good enough to get companies to take a favorable second look at your resume, if not hire you outright. Being part of the Baradwell Organization not only allows you access to whatever support you can muster for your aims, it is also a status symbol, one that is recognized throughout the globe, whether embossed on a jacket or on the back of laptop cover, it shows that you are talented and on your way up.

Nick Baradwell, who is the eldest child, has the strongest base of support in the company's higher-ups, but is virtually unknown in the public eye and has very little support from out of the company. Sarah Baradwell is the eldest daughter is an actor and  tabloid icon, and has the support of the public and the public stockholders. She is smart and cunning, and has much more experience in underhanded manners and manipulation then either of her siblings. Amy Baradwell has political connections far and wide, and although she is the youngest United State's ambassador ever chosen, she has already accrued significant pull with the upper echelons with the world governments.

Each sibling despises the others, and is slowly etching out their tendrils to grope for eachother's weak spots. Peter Baradwell wants to keep his company intact, but the odds are highly in favour of a climatic power struggle.

Whatever sibling comes out on top will have to rebuild from what remains of the powerful organization and set their sights on Mars.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:13:13 pm by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I want in on this. Not too late, am I?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

It's only illegal if you get caught :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14