Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: awesomely powerful games  (Read 8410 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: awesomely powerful games
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 10:59:05 pm »

no, there were these warriors

a preist with the element of thunder

an elf with the element of wind

a troll with the element of earth

witch with the element water

this warrior guy with a huge spring loaded wire sword (like a gaaint yoyo made our of 2 swords) with the element of fire

and in the begining a guy in white and blue armor with the power of light and a red femal warrior with the element of i think soul....because the special just made everything die and souls took their places and dissappeared.

you switched in between these people throught the story.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 11:00:46 pm »

O! i played a game like that but forgot the name. you basically ran around using combos to kill hundreds of men in an army and charge up for an attack the pretty much obliterates everything around you. its just a near endless wave of enemies.

god i wish i could remember its name

Goodness there was a PS2 game a lot like that... A LOT like Devil May Cry... You fight huge hoards of enemies with your team of dolls on your side (oddly one of them are Football players... they are actually one of the good ones) I cannot remember the name.

Mark of Kri also gave you a TON of power to cleave enemies to peices but you never actually fight armies and some normal enemies are too tough to feel godly.

Samurai Western also allowed you to kill hundreds of enemies and had a great theme for the final boss battle I wish I could find the music to. Hardly armies but definately huge groups. You can easily kill enemies and deflect bullets and you even get a power up where you become invincible.

Finally there is the game Drakengard where you fight small armies (or actual armies in the second Drakengard)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 11:02:33 pm »

no not any of those.....god this is annoying

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 11:03:47 pm »

no not any of those.....god this is annoying

I don't think I actually played the game you are refering to. Not too many games where you play witches.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 11:19:58 pm »

Also guys I remember what you are refering to

The Gauntlet Series (Gauntlet, Gauntlet 2, Gauntlet Legends, and a few more)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 11:27:37 pm »

Well, there's the Dynasty Warriors series. You're not exactly 'Godlike' you certainly start to feel like it after a while. Especially if you manage to unlock Lu Bu by some miracle.
!!&!!

Omath Erius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 11:34:50 pm »

GOD HAND

This discussion is over.
fhalkgsuehgvnl gherghlirhb

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 11:36:01 pm »

no ive played gauntlet....not it.

dont think its dynasty warriors either, but you reminded me, you unlock the characters stories, not switch between them

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 11:36:52 pm »

GOD HAND

This discussion is over.

Noooo... because while your powerful you don't actually fight armies.

The most you fight at once is 5 (or 10)

Also hillariously if you do well in that game you will notice enemies will start to kill you with one hit.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 11:38:11 pm »

no ive played gauntlet....not it

it really has to be ONE of the guantlets. It matches your description perfectly.

I remind you that there are many Gauntlets from WAY before the N64 version to way past it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 11:42:41 pm »

you use combos to kill things and once you kill enough you get an attack that shows amazingly huge catasrophies (wind goblin/elf summons huge hurricane that sucks everything up and sweep it away) (witch summons huge wave that kills everything) (red women knight flashes a light and everything turns into souls) (troll smashes the earth and everything gets tossed around and dies)

you literally have 2 armies of thousands of people fighting real time on an open map and you use devastatingly powerful attacks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 11:44:33 pm »

you literally have 2 armies of thousands of people fighting real time on an open map and you use devastatingly powerful attacks.

Alright THAT part is what seperated the description.

It was the "Elf with Wind powers" part that made it Guantlet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 12:03:31 am »

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen. An RTS, admittedly, but you could power up your avatar easily and simply walk through the armies with him. Not quite what you want though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 12:13:29 am »

actually i think it was a goblin with wind powers

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 12:28:25 am »

Christ, people, how could you not mention Serious Sam? Those games are completely built around single handedly obliterating waves of enemies. Fable also has its moments in a few places where enemies respawn endlessly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9