Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 51231 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 dawns after all
« Reply #480 on: May 08, 2009, 06:16:00 pm »

The Whiteboard

Zaithemaster: chaoticjosh, Masami Phonix, Alexhans
chaoticjosh: Zaithemaster, Frelock

Reminder: The deadline remains at 5pm Pacific. So, about 45 minutes from now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 08, 2009, 06:20:56 pm »

You can claim I'm following Josh all you want, but that isn't the case.  I follow the person who makes the most sense.  First it was Pandarsenic's logic that made me vote for Cheetar (before Josh did, I might add) and then I voted for Webadict because I felt that his logic was weaker.

If you'll note, the last two times I voted, I was on the majority side and we got a dopp.  The last time, if I'm reading the votes right (it's hard since there was no whiteboard near the end) I could have swung the vote to kill Inaluct instead of voting against Webadict, an act that would have sealed the fate of the townies.

If I'm a dopp, I'm really bad at it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 08, 2009, 06:23:52 pm »

The last time, if I'm reading the votes right (it's hard since there was no whiteboard near the end)

That's a good point. I'll start posting the final Whiteboard for each lynching from now on. That should make it easier for people to follow what's happened, especially if they haven't been able to get online for a few days.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 08, 2009, 07:04:31 pm »

5:00PM Pacific time

Has the town doomed itself, or was I wrong again?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 08, 2009, 07:11:51 pm »

As the day grows long the final tally is counted. Zaithemaster has been selected for death.

You drag him out to the square, where Alexhans takes the up executioner's rifle. Zai's protests of humanity go unheard, and a single bullet silences him forever. The Psychic Warden is dead, and his body remains human as it lies on the ground before you.

As Masami Phonix and chaoticjosh look on in horror, Alexhans turns the rifle on them.

"Now that the pesky warden is gone, it is time for one last feast in this town." as he speaks his features shift and change to their true doppelganger form.

Frelock, also now in his natural form, grabs Masami by the shoulders and sinks his teeth deep into the townsperson's neck.

chaoticjosh, the kook, tries to flee, but is gunned down by the very rifle that was supposed to save the town.

Humanity has failed, and two more doppelgangers now hunt the lands unhindered.

And, that ends it.

Good job for the town, though, I thought you guys were going to lose way before this. You had absolutely abysmal luck at the beginning of the game. You'll see yourself once I get home and have a chance to post all of the night PMs.

Oh, and my apologies to the dead, but there was no Medium. Just a bored player who died at the beginning playing one for his own amusement. Worked out well for me, though, since I got to see what effect the dead could have on a game without it actually impacting anything. A Medium can be a definite plus for the town!
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game
« Reply #485 on: May 08, 2009, 07:14:39 pm »

God guys, I'm sorry. Who'da thought that it really WAS Alexhans and Frelock?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 08, 2009, 07:14:58 pm »

Here is the list of players and roles:

PlayerRaceRoleGoalStatus
AlexhansDoppelgangerProtector/Mind ShieldTown Loses
ArchangelAlienDopp HunterCatch DoppDead - Killed by WV Night 3
Beacon80HumanTelepathTown WinsDead - Killed by Dopps Night 3
bob_smithHumanAggressive VetTown WinsDead - Killed by Dopps Night 4
chaoticjoshHumanKookTown Wins
CheeetarDoppelgangerDetectiveTown LosesDead - Lynched Day 5
FrelockDoppelgangerTelepathTown Loses
inaluctAlienSurvivor/Mind ShieldSurviveDead - Killed by Dopps Night 6
KashyykHumanAgentTown WinsDead - Killed by Dopps Night 2
Masami PhonixHumanTownspersonTown Wins
NUKE9.13HumanBodyguardTown WinsDead - Lynched Day 1
PandarsenicHumanWarlockTown WinsDead - Killed by Dopps Night 5
Servant CorpsAlienAgent SeekerContact AgentDead - Killed by Dopps Night 1
SolifugeHumanDisciple of TruthTown WinsDead - Lynched Day 3
webadictDoppelgangerNoneTown LosesDead - Lynched Day 6
ZaithemasterHumanPsychic WardenTown WinsDead - Lynched Day 7

Come play Mafia with us!

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 08, 2009, 07:18:51 pm »

Okay, who was claiming to be the medium in dead chat?  Honestly, what did that accomplish?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 08, 2009, 07:22:58 pm »

Man, what bad judgement on my part.

Anyway, Inaluct, about that question I asked you earlier...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 08, 2009, 07:24:11 pm »

Signups for the new game over Here
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 08, 2009, 07:25:41 pm »

ATTN - The "Medium": Go fuck yourself.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 08, 2009, 07:30:24 pm »

Um. It was me, Servant Corps. I'll cross-post this over to the Dead Chat.

I did it because when I died, I realized there was no Medium, and realizing the Dead Chat would be utterly boring without the Medium, I decided to roleplay as the Medium. I already lost anyway as the Agent Seeker, so I decided why not?

I actually rooted for the Doppelgangers to win, since it would mean I wouldn't have to keep the ruse up longer than possible. I however did console myself in that a Doppelganger could provide an extra fun meta-game challenge if a Doppelganger that died pose as a Townie and try and confuse me. The fact that the Doppelgangers decided not to try and fool me and instead posted huge walls of text to try and intimidate an non-Medium was rather disappointing.

At first, I didn't want to reveal my 'name', but realizing that doing so made me more suspicious, I settled on Masami Phonix, as he seemed inactive enough. It was rather interesting trying to match my rhetoric with Masami Phonix and chaoticjosh's actions. I was also trying to keep up apperances by trying to ease concerns of why Masami didn't reveal himself to be the Medium, and I think I did that quite well.

I disagree with Meph's belief that the Medium would be useful. The Medium has to live in order to deliver the messages to the Town. Once he dies, he no longer have any use. The only reason I was able to form a town base in the Dead Chatroom was that I couldn't die (because I'm already dead). If the Medium roleclaims and somehow get protected from night kills and day kills, prehaps he might be of some use.

And, to finish it off:

"Plus, the Dopps know exactly who is what. I knew you were Medium since... Day 3?"---Webadict

I'm going to treasure this quote. I'm going to treasure this quote for years and years.

And, well, sorry for this. The only way to stop this is to ensure that people don't automatically lose the game. Otherwise, the GM has no power over the person who already lost, and they might do something like this.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:33:40 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 08, 2009, 07:32:32 pm »

Well, note that the Medium is only worth 1 point for the town over in the rules thread. It's not a really powerful role, but it CAN make a difference. Especially by being able to know the final results of an investigative role killed at night.
Come play Mafia with us!

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 08, 2009, 07:35:16 pm »

I disagree with Meph's belief that the Medium would be useful.
I disagree with your disagreement.  First of all, if there had been a medium, he would have been able to manipulate things with information gained from the dead, much as an agent does.  He could have tried to sway votes towards Web, since it was common knowledge in the dead chat that he was a doppleganger.  He could have joined up with ChaoticJosh, since I had told him that he was a townie.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 08, 2009, 07:36:13 pm »

Man, we came so close.

I'm sorry we killed you Zai.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35