Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 51153 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game
« Reply #495 on: May 08, 2009, 07:38:14 pm »

By the way, Meph, can you post the links to both the Death Chat and the Dopp Chat?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 08, 2009, 07:39:02 pm »

I accidentally posted this in the rules discussion:

Looking over my actions, I can see where I went wrong. I forgot to force Frelock and Alexhans to roleclaim when I proclaimed mass roleclaim. I should have gotten suspicious when they didn't.

I'll gladly take responsibility for this loss, I got too cocky.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 08, 2009, 07:39:45 pm »

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 08, 2009, 07:45:31 pm »

"Plus, the Dopps know exactly who is what. I knew you were Medium since... Day 3?"---Webadict

I'm going to treasure this quote. I'm going to treasure this quote for years and years.

I rescind what I said about you in anger. I rescind it entirely.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 08, 2009, 08:24:51 pm »

Actually, I roleclaimed normal townie when you asked for it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 08, 2009, 08:26:39 pm »

Hey, looks like I was right about Frelock.

Anyway, Josh, it was because if Alexhans was on the town's side, I wouldn't have been able to betray the dopps after luring them out, because we could only have equaled their vote. If he was a dopp, the other dopps would be reluctant to come out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 08, 2009, 08:30:34 pm »

That's the worst explanation ever...

Darn you Alex, you ruined Inaluct's brilliant backstabbery.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 08, 2009, 08:33:08 pm »

Here are the Role PM's I sent out:
Doppelgangers
Alexhans, Cheeetar, Frelock, webadict

You four are doppelgangers. You do not know where you came from, or really even what you are. You do know, however, that you have an insatiable hunger for human flesh. Shortly after your awakening the humans of this area began to sense something amiss, but did little. That is, until the unfortunate encounter one of you had with the biker gang. With his death the humans suddenly knew what was going on, and they started to panic. With your food supply quickly leaving you decided to do whatever you could to stop them. So you snuck into a nearby construction area and stole dynamite. Quite a lot of dynamite. And then you blew up the only pass leading out of town. There aren't that many people left here, and they're actively trying to figure out who you are so they can kill you.

Consume them, doppelgangers, and when there is no trace of human life left in this town you will go forth into this broad country and feast. Each night one of you must go out hunting to bring back human flesh for the others to consume. Those that are not hunting may use any other abilities that they have.

Alexhans, you are a Protector. Each night, if you are not the one hunting, you may choose to guard one of your fellow doppelgangers from harm. In addition, you have learned to shield your thoughts from others, and have erected a Mind Shield around yourself. You are immune to all Psychic abilities.

Cheetar, you took over the body of one of the local Detectives. Each night, if you are not hunting, you may investigate another player and determine what Role they have, if any.

Frelock, you have honed your innate psychic abilities beyond those of your fellows. You are a Telepath, and each night, if you are not hunting, you may investigate another player to determine their Goal.

--

Doppelganger Hunter
Archangel

You are an Alien. Your species has recently learned that a rival group has begun to create a race of artificial super-spies that can take on the exact look, mannerisms, and memories of a victim. This worries your government, and you have been ordered to acquire one of these creatures for study. You tracked one of their science vessels to this primitive pre-interstellar planet. Using advanced holographic technology you have shifted your form to look like one of them and infiltrated the town.

It is now obvious that four of the 16 people left in this town are doppelgangers. Your task is to take one of these doppelgangers home for study. But be careful, you'll only get one shot at this as your cover will be blown once you take off.

Once during a night phase of the game you may choose to Capture another player. If that player is a doppelganger, you win. If they are not, you lose. So bide your time, study your adversaries, and get out with a doppelganger. We're counting on you!

--

Telepath
Beacon80

You moved to this small town in the mountains years ago to mediate and strengthen your psychic abilities. You are a telepath, and each night you may choose a player to investigate with your powers. This investigation will reveal their general goal to you. You will receive one of the following results: survive, find, protect, kill. You will have to use this information with your reasoning skills to help determine who and what the other person is.

The town needs your help, telepath, now more then ever. Find these monsters before they kill every last human left in this town!

--

Agent
Kashyyk

You are an FBI Agent. You were sent to investigate strange reports coming out of this town. It was thought that it could be another of these Doppelganger incidents that have been cropping up lately. Obviously, it is. Now you're stuck here, and you'll have to use your skills to help find and destroy these doppelgangers before they kill every last human here, including you.

Once per night you can investigate a player to determine what species they are. Use this information to help the town find and kill these monsters!

--   

Townsfolk
Masami Phonix

You are a regular townsperson. You have nothing to help you other then your wits and will to survive. Use them both and you may get out of this alive! Good luck, and good hunting!

--

Bodyguard
Nuke9.13

You are a retired bodyguard. You spent your life keeping other people safe, and now you've decided to settle down in this quiet mountain town. You go hunting, fishing, drinking beers with your buds, that sort of thing. But now these monsters have shown up and ruined everything. You're not as fast as you used to be, but you bet that your skills could still help out.

Each night you may choose to protect another player. If that player is attacked, you will die in their place. It's not much, but it could be the sacrifice that saves the town from these doppelgangers.   

--

Witch   
Pandarsenic

You moved to this small town in the mountains years ago to mediate and strengthen your bond with the old gods. You are a Warlock, and you have gained powerful psychic abilities over the years. If you are slain during the game your gods will avenge your death with that of your slayer. If you are lynched during the day, the last player to vote for you will die.

You have little desire to sacrifice yourself, but should it prove necessary at least you can be sure that the rest of the town will be safer for it.   

--

Agent Seeker
Servant Corps

You are an alien.

You have been tasked by your government to investigate rumors that a rival Alien civilization has been experimenting with new biological infiltration agents on the pre-interstellar planet of Earth. You set down in this town shortly after all of the killings began, and you witnessed first-hand the pods of the Doppelgangers and the body of the dead doppelganger. Now you have new orders, to contact any Federal Agents within the town, inform them of the true meaning behind the doppelgangers, and use them to get in contact with the local earth Government. However, your presence MUST remain secret. Therefore, any individuals that you contact that are not agents must be killed immediately. In addition, it is possible that the doppelgangers could be mimicking an Agent, and contacting one of them could prove disastrous. Since we do not wish any harm to come to the humans, do not contact anyone unless you have a strong suspicion that they are in fact a human agent.

Should you discover that there are no Federal agents in this town, or the agent is killed during your time here, you are to stay in the town and help them find and kill the doppelgangers. Once the danger is passed, you can contact any agents who come to investigate the town afterwards.

Rules: You may contact one person during each night phase (PM me who you choose during the Night Phase). If that person is the Agent, you win and vanish from the game. If that person is not the agent, you will attempt to kill them. You will kill any normal human or Alien. The Exterminator alien or a doppelganger will likely kill you as well and an Army Vet will kill you before you get inside, so you will need to be careful who you target. If the Agent is killed, you act as a regular townsperson, losing if the town loses and winning if you stay alive until the end of the game with the town winning.

--

Disciple Of Truth
Solifuge

You moved to this small town in the mountains years ago to mediate and strengthen your psychic abilities. You are a Disciple Of Truth, and have the power to pierce the veil of lies that cover reality to expose the truth underneath.

Once per game, during the day, you may use your powers to completely expose the Race, Role, and Goal of another player. Be careful, however, as this may only be done once and is a very obvious and public ritual.   

--

Psychic Warden
Zaithemaster

You moved to this small town in the mountains years ago to mediate and strengthen your psychic abilities. You are a Psychic Warden, and have gained strong powers over the years.

Each night you may visit another player and use your abilities to sap their will and energy. This will prevent that player from taking any actions that night or using any abilities during the following day.

--

Aggressive Vet   
bob_smith

You are a former soldier. A veteran of several tours to Iraq, you came back to your home town here in the mountains. Here you pass the time hunting with your friends, drinking beer, and generally trying to forget the horrors you saw in the middle east. Now, though, there are new horrors. Here. In your home town. Killing your friends and neighbors.

You're not going to take that sitting down, no. You've got your guns, your training, and you're going to go hunting. The rest may be comfortable sitting around voting on who's going to die while the dopps spread their lies, but not you. No, you're going to find them and kill them yourself. You are an Aggressive War Vet, and each night you may choose to go out and kill another player. Pick wisely, though, you don't want to be doing the dopps job for them!

--

Kook   
chaoticjosh

You are a regular townsperson. Well, mostly regular. You're kind of weird, really, and all this stress is sort of making it all worse. Not your fault you're a Kook, though, it's a real medical condition! You swear! But..well, it may be a problem now, with this whole witch hunt going on for these doppelgangers. They might think you're one if they look at you too hard.   

--

Survivor Alien
inaluct

You are an alien.

You have been studying the people in this small town for many years. Backwards as the humans are, the people here seem to be able to tap into strange energies and have developed many Psychic powers as a result. Fascinating work!

But, then, all these strange things happened and these Doppelgangers showed up. Nasty business, that. You'd really rather just leave at this point, but your ship is hidden well away from town and you won't be able to get to it until the pass is cleared. In the meantime you'll have to do your best to Survive. You don't really care who wins so long as you can get away.

Fortunately for you, your time here has let you perfect your Mind Shield. This will make you invulnerable to psychic abilities, and hopefully let you keep a low profile until you can get away.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 08, 2009, 08:34:50 pm »

I was telling the truth about the Mind Shield.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 08, 2009, 08:39:31 pm »

Night 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Night 2

Night 3

Night 4

Night 5

Night 6
Come play Mafia with us!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 08, 2009, 09:18:35 pm »

Go team.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 08, 2009, 10:33:39 pm »

"Plus, the Dopps know exactly who is what. I knew you were Medium since... Day 3?"---Webadict

I'm going to treasure this quote. I'm going to treasure this quote for years and years.

:P Why does everyone want to see me fail?

I had the whole list of roles already, Servant Corps. I posted it in the Dopps chat. :D It's pretty accurate, given that I was only one or two roles off. I knew Masami wasn't the Medium, given his time in chat and in thread, even after death. It did match up pretty well though.

I did not know you were Servant Corps though. I suppose I could've been looking for it, but I like when people talk more.

Also, ha ha ha ha. You guys lynched me instead of Alexhans. Best sacrifice ever. If I had let it go on, we would've lost. My plan was never to have inaluct on my side.

Thanks for the save.

Also, chaoticjosh: You should've seen through my message right away. Your bluff is detailed in the Dopps thread. I knew you weren't the Detective, and I was only hoping you weren't actually the News Paper person, so I claimed you were lying as a double protection.

The first was in case you saw me killing someone: I'd need a job that wasn't a murderous one. So, I knew if I picked Townie or any of the others, I'd be called out.

The second was in case you got the kill result on me: I'd need to make sure I had a killing role, but not one that was anti-Town. This was the one I was pretty sure happened.

However, there's one big flaw in my plan. I had to kill bob_smith, the real AWV, because he was more harmful alive than dead. Here's where it gets interesting:

If I were the Exterminator Alien, the whole Detective ploy could NOT have worked as it did. Simply put, it doesn't work. The Detective would've gotten a 'No Role' scan like you said, and I'm lucky you didn't see it.

Also, Zaithemaster, you were unlucky. When you hit Frelock with the stop thing, I figured you'd switch, so I had him kill that Night, when you picked me.

Honestly, if I make it past Day 3 without being attacked, let alone killed, I'm more than likely Mafia.

I think I'll play again.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 08, 2009, 10:35:47 pm »

Oh yes, you knew everything all along, of course.

That sort of arrogance is what made your freakout before getting lynched so entertaining.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 08, 2009, 10:39:25 pm »

:P Why does everyone want to see me fail?

ARROGANCE

I think I'll play again.

And you wonder why we want to see you fail.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 08, 2009, 10:52:32 pm »

Nice game. Especially Frelock. Kind of lucked out since Josh and me kept going at each other, while you just went with me, making it seem like you were a townie I could trust. And then I told you who I was blocking that one night, even asking you whether or not you thought Alexhans was a Dopp or not. Seriously, if you had said not, I probably wouldn't have gone with either of you. Especially not you.

Truly, as I said during the game, I would not have thought Josh was a Dopp if he hadn't fucking kept going after me. That derailed the entire lynching for the latter part of the game. <.<

Luckily we at least got in the kill of webadict during that, though.  ;D

I don't have time right now to read all the stuff Meph has posted. I'll read and comment on it tomorrow.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35