Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 50419 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Signups!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 01:21:29 pm »

That gives us 15. Can I get at least one more?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 02:58:35 pm »

I'm there on a bear.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 03:00:36 pm »

Yeah, I already got your sign-up from the other thread.

Still need at least one more. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 06:04:20 pm »

You know I'm in on this one... He put me on the list  :P
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 08:44:25 pm »

I've updated the Roles list with the current list from the Rules thread. I've decided to leave the Kook in, since he helps balance out the numbers a bit. And he's really only in danger if the town has an Agent, and not a Detective or Telepath.
Come play Mafia with us!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 08:49:29 pm »

wow... that's a long amount of roles... When are you starting? I'm going to sleep...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 08:54:35 pm »

The number of roles has doubled or tripled. Are they all gonna be used? or only some?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 08:56:43 pm »

Right now I'm thinking of starting tomorrow morning. When exactly really depends on how long it takes me to write up the Starting Role PMs. Although I may start that tonight, at least for some roles (Like Dopps).

Only some roles will be used. I've been upgrading my program (a LOT), and it does a pretty good job of balancing things, I think. So expect to see a good variety of roles this next game, but not all of them by any means.

Of course, with this many new roles I'm sure we'll find something broken in it somewhere that'll have to be fixed for next time. But it's an iterative process...
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 08:57:42 pm »

Well it definitely looks interesting, and that's all I care about!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 05:13:10 am »

I'm in if possible.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 08:09:57 am »

Meph, do you have an uploaded version of your program? I want to see it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 09:27:50 am »

Thanks for joining up Archangel.

As for the code, uh, sure, I guess I could get it uploaded somewhere. I'll post a link to it when I get it up.
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 10:34:17 am »

Thanks!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Terror in the Mountains
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 12:00:59 pm »

This was once a quiet mountain town. Small, neighborly, a good place to live. Then, not long ago, people started to go missing. Hunters would vanish from the woods, people living alone would vanish without a trace, and everyone started to get scared. The local police searched the area, but couldn't find anything.

Then, one evening, a group rowdy bikers stopped by the local bar. They got drunk, started a fight, nothing out of the ordinary. Until someone got killed. It was an accident, really, the guy who killed him only meant to knock him out. But the man's head smashed against the bar, and he died a few minutes later. When he died, his body transformed into a monster. It had long, sharp claws and a horrible face, featureless but for an oversized mouth full of sharp teeth. This...this must be what had been killing people. The cops searched the man's house out in the woods and found 5 strange green pods. Man-sized, and empty. There must be four more of these...doppelgangers, out there.

People panicked. This was more then they could handle, and as the news spread people began to flee the town. Each night would find another person missing, and that panicked people even more. After a few days, only a handful of people were left in the town. That night explosions could be heard, and a great crashing of rock. In the morning it was obvious what had happened. Someone, or something, had taken dynamite from the local construction company and closed the only pass leading in or out of the town. Those of you that are left are stuck here.

You all met in the town hall to discuss things, and have come to the conclusion that the only way to solve this situation is to figure out who the doppelgangers are, and kill them. To do that, you will each vote on someone you think is a doppelganger. The person with the most votes will be killed. It's an odd solution, but you hope it will be enough.

Ok, game has started! Sending out Role PMs now.
Come play Mafia with us!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Terror in the Mountains
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 12:14:05 pm »

I would like to see the code too!  I was making last night a simple code for random open games but had other stuff to do so I left it for now at the priorities in the night actions. (tricky to implement right and in a simple way.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35