Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 50416 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 1 - Terror in the Mountains
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 02:26:48 pm »

Panda is the doctor?
Forsooth, I do declare that such a ploy soundeth not like a thing that the town should do...
Nuke, calling to attention Pandarsenic's very obvious, but also very legitimate ploy to confuse Dopplegangers is fine, but a hair-trigger lynch vote is really silly at this point.

I do see that solifuge was 'intrigued'- why so intrigued unto a plan that we know nothing of?
The fact that I am interested to hear what what someone else has to say is not a sensible reason for suspicion.

The whole point is to provide a Wine-In-Front-Of-Me dilemma for the Dopplegangers (and, unfortunate though it may be, the Town as well).

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 02:29:24 pm »

What Org did involved nooooobody.

Org, shush, you're not playing here. D: Sorry.

But Solifuge, what good would it do a Doppelganger to draw attention to himself so soon with such an outrageous, attention-grabbing method?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2009, 02:30:04 pm »

Vote NUKE. The confusion Pandar is attempting to cause is a legitimate (as in, it worked last time) tactic. A doppelganger would want Pandar dead, to remove the need to make a hard decision.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2009, 02:36:48 pm »

It gets better! Here's a list of roles I may very well be!

• Townie - Normal citizen. No powers, just your wits and a desire to live. [human]
  • Doppelganger - Body-snatching, man-eating monster. You want to feast on human flesh and avoid being caught. [dopp]
  • Doppelganger leader - More powerful and adept then the others, the leader is immune to detection by Agent or Detective short of death. The Telepath will still receive a 'kill' goal from the Dopp Leader, however. [dopp]
  • War Vet - Is trigger happy and will kill anyone targeting them at night, although they still die if the night target was deadly. Can choose to turn off this ability for a night (leaving themselves vulnerable). [human]
  • Mad Scientist: The Mad Scientist has been secretly working on his amazing project in the town. He was going to sell it to the government, but due to the current disaster, he's going to have to give it an early field test. At the beginning of the game the Mad Scientist picks which of the following inventions he wants to have:
    • Body Double: A perfect body double. It could be organic, robotic, even a hologram. Regardless, it takes his place in dangerous situations while he stays safe. If the Mad Scientist is killed, the body double takes his place. This also applies to lynches during the day phase. It's a one-use item, though, so he's vulnerable after it's been destroyed.
    • Security System: A highly advanced security system watches over the Mad Scientist's house. He knows the identity of anyone who visits his house during the night. He does now, however, know their purpose. Unless it's to kill him, and he finds that out the hard way.
    • Sentry Guns: Functions like the war vet, attacking and killing anyone who comes snooping around the Mad Scientist's house. However, it has limited ammo (it is just a prototype version), and only works on the first person to come by. Like the War Vet's ability, this can be turned off for a night. This makes the house safe for friendly visitors but leaves the Mad Scientist vulnerable to attack.
    • Snooper bot: This little bug-bot can trail another player at night and see where they go (if anywhere). It's got a weak power source, though, and some issues that need to be worked out, so it can only be used every other night.
  • Disciple of Truth: A psychic character who is on an eternal quest for truth. Once per game the Disciple may perform a ceremony of truth during the Day phase. This ceremony does a role-flip on another character (and, by extension, the Disciple). [human]
  • Witch/Warlock: The witch is a pro-town character. She is warded by powerful psychic powers, and will curse her killer upon her death. The one so cursed will die at the next dawn. If she is night-killed, her killer will die that night. If she is lynched, the last player to vote for her will die during the night phase. [human]
  • Mind Shield: This character is completely immune to all Psychic effects and abilities. The Mind Shield is not a role in itself, but an ability granted to a non-psychic character that may or may not already have a role. There can be one Mind Shield per side. [human][doppelganger][alien]
  • Alien - The alien is also investigating the town. However, it has it's own goals and it's own win/lose situation
    • Contact the FBI - The Alien chooses one person a night. If that person is the Agent, the Alien wins. The Alien vanishes after it has won (goes to negotiate with the government). If that person is not the agent, however, the Alien kills them to keep their identity from being revealed. If the person is a doppelganger, there is a 50% chance the Alien will be killed instead. The Alien loses if the Agent is killed or if the town loses.
    • Grab a Doppelganger for Study - Once during the game, the Alien chooses a person at night and takes them onboard their space ship for study. Both Vanish. If the person was a Doppelganger, the Alien wins. If not, the Alien loses.
    • Survive - The Alien is there for some other purpose, and is simply hiding as a human. Their only goal is to survive until the end of the game. They win as long as they are alive, regardless of which side wins.
    • Exterminator - The doppelganger infestation is a danger to the Alien's people, and it and all traces of it must be wiped from the Earth. The Alien kills one person a night. The Alien wins when they are the only one left alive. Along with their power to night-kill, the Exterminator gets a selection of gear to pick from at the start of the game. The Exterminator picks one of the following:
      • one-time-use Personal Shield (which would work once as though guarded by the Protector)
      • one-time-use Holoform Modulator (which would work once when investigated, allowing you to choose a role and race to show as)
      • one-time-use Scanner (which would work once as a combination of the Agent and Detective, showing both Race and Role)
[/list]
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 02:42:21 pm »

So the only thing we have to go on is Pandar claiming Doctor and then saying he could actually be anything. What sort of survivor role would do that, huh?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 02:45:28 pm »

he didn't really claim doctor... That was intended as a joke... (I want to believe)

I've read the roles and find out that anything can happen... It's weird to have so much roles and possibilities... Anyway, I will read the code of the setup when I have time and see what I can make of it.  Maybe we can guess upon probabilities or something.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 02:49:28 pm »

I stand corrected.

Now we have even less to go on.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2009, 02:53:09 pm »

Pah pah pah. Legitimate tactic, schmactic.
Look: The town knows not what panda is. Neither do the dopps.
Suppose that panda is a townie. The dopps will now not attack panda. Big woop.
   Suppose further that panda is the -townie- doctor. For now, the dopps will probably be hitting at random. So the doc won't actually help.
So what if panda is a doppelganger? Well, the town will not check him. That's bad. Worse, a cop might contact panda.

If panda was joking, an option I hadn't considered, then yeah, ok, ha ha.

Also: I am a townie, don't lynch me.
Long Live United Forenia!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2009, 03:01:12 pm »

Panda, I'm not saying I think you're a Doppleganger... in fact, that is only likely if you're being extremely bold, or extremely stupid... I don't think you're the latter.

Also, as far as I can see, Pandarsenic was doing one of the following things:
1) Attempting to cause a WIFOM dilemma with Dopplegangers (would he really claim that, knowing that we know what happened? Or is that just what he wants us to think...)
2) Making an extremely brash and bold move to cover up being a Doppleganger. "Of course Panda wouldn't say that if he was a Doppleganger, since it'd call attention to himself- unless that's just what he wants us to think..."
3) Crafting a straightforward ploy to bait Dopplegangers with a claim to being a Doctor, while in fact being a War Veteran.
4) Attempting to deflect all suspicion from him that he is in fact the Doctor.
5) A random gambit with no real end, but done for the sake of instigation and general japery.

So, given the current state of information, I would conclude that we can determine nothing from this action at all, unless it's only purpose was to garner the attention of an Investigator.

...y'all. Edit: I forgot we were in the backwoods mountains.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 03:06:45 pm by Solifuge »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2009, 03:05:15 pm »

Solifuge is correct.

You can't actually determine my intent at all.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2009, 03:53:57 pm »

And how is that useful in anyway to the town?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2009, 04:08:01 pm »

Frustrating the Dopps.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

bob_smith

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2009, 05:40:49 pm »

Solifuge is correct.

You can't actually determine my intent at all.
Frustrating the Dopps.
Yes, I agree, you are very frustrating, and we can't determine your intent at all.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 05:48:32 pm »

Both Pandar and Nuke are scummy. But at least Pandar has the excuse of at least attempting to lay a trap, forcing the Dopps to make a tough choice. Nuke has no such excuse. By the way, Nuke should have known that roleclaiming that you are the War Vet is usually a stupid idea, because then the Dopps would refuse to attack you. You should only roleclaim being the War Vet if you are in fact the Doctor.

To break the tie, and to force Nuke to reveal his role, I vote Nuke

...y' all. If you are Townie, we'll find proof.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2009, 05:50:39 pm »

I don't think Nuke is a dopp, if only because he was a dopp for the first two paranormal mafias and the chance that he's a dopp again is unlikely.

Then again...

Me: probability whore
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35