Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Goblins  (Read 3468 times)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Goblins
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:52:42 pm »

Yeah, i had the bright idea of taking them head on with my champion dwarves, y'know, had tons of traps, should they die, thats fine...The next thing that happened, seemed to be in slow motion. One champion got nailed dead in the face by the goblin axe lord ( i was shocked, he had full steel ) then, the champions pretty much did what they felt like doing, running around charging lone goblins, but i knew on the way was a squadron of marks goblins, and they don't take prisoners. Then, the damn PEOPLE are running OUTSIDE to grab the BONES!!! I forbidded drop picking, but appearently bones is something else ( great time to learn that now huh? ) So, 157 people, running in all directions, pfft, the goblins are going to have a field day. It will take a MIRACLE to save the people, ironically, my fort was fool proof in its defence, just a shame the fortress is run by fools...
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:02:28 pm »

PRAISE ARMOK, PRAISE HIM TO THE HIGHEST HE CAN BE PRAISED! among the idiots outdoor just so happened to be my elite millita, the goblins (trying to be clever) followed the peasents up the mountain...Whilst our marksmen fired downwards, they were being slaughtered from all sides, and the only casualty we got was the champion at the start, the mace lord and his squad of marksmen ran, ran to the hills, and he lost many men in his retreat. If lady luck exists, i want her babies. :D.

Y'know, before now, i never knew the TRUE definition of a dumb ass, now i know, dwarves fit that description like two jigsaw pieces going together, honestly, i'm amazed by the lack of intelligence, hell, some ran TOWARDS the marks goblins, dat be smrt thinkin der :(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:09:10 pm by Nerserus »
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Marko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Roomies
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 08:18:46 pm »

Anybody who calls something foolproof has severely underestimated the ingenuity of a well motivated fool!
Hm.
WHERE IS THE SAVE?
AN HOUR LATE?
OFF WITH HIS HEAD

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:12:47 pm »

If lady luck exists, i want her babies. :D.

I am offended by this. What makes you think her grace would honor you with her offspring? Give tribute and thanks for what she has already granted you and don't ask or even THINK that you want more!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:38:21 pm »

Luck had nothing to do with, give her no due.

Dwarves create their own... method of bending the laws of chance and fate.

Its very similar to Gravity.

The denser the dwarf, the more likely he'll survive his stupidity...
You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.

Wahad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 12:28:25 am »

The next thing that happened, seemed to be in slow motion.

Sounds like you need to up your fps.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:12:34 am »

The next thing that happened, seemed to be in slow motion.

Sounds like you need to up your fps.
Yeah, i kinda thought that, massive lag spike as every single dwarf in my fortress went to gather BONES out of all things. Not the equipment, <<*Iron Great Axe*>>'S suck! NO, we want the BONES! Pfft, some people and their nutty ideas about "grabbing expensive goblin equipment". :D

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 07:21:37 am »

Anybody who calls something foolproof has severely underestimated the ingenuity of a well motivated fool!

You're just begging to be sigged here.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 11:34:42 am »

Yeah, i had the bright idea of taking them head on with my champion dwarves, y'know, had tons of traps, should they die, thats fine...The next thing that happened, seemed to be in slow motion. One champion got nailed dead in the face by the goblin axe lord ( i was shocked, he had full steel ) then, the champions pretty much did what they felt like doing, running around charging lone goblins, but i knew on the way was a squadron of marks goblins, and they don't take prisoners. Then, the damn PEOPLE are running OUTSIDE to grab the BONES!!! I forbidded drop picking, but appearently bones is something else ( great time to learn that now huh? ) So, 157 people, running in all directions, pfft, the goblins are going to have a field day. It will take a MIRACLE to save the people, ironically, my fort was fool proof in its defence, just a shame the fortress is run by fools...

If you make something fool proof, someone will just make a better fool. Thats why God created Dwarves.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 11:55:14 am »

Forbid the bones, forbid going outside, forbid collecting any refuse, and forbid any refuse collection, and forbid the doors.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 11:57:15 am »

Press d. Press b. Them press f and make an area of which all the items inside of it are fobidden. Then you can press c to reclaim them.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 12:01:19 pm »

Hate to burst your bubble but you're the one running the fort.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 12:03:20 pm »

Huh what?

*death is confused.*

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 12:33:25 pm »

Forbid the bones, forbid going outside, forbid collecting any refuse, and forbid any refuse collection, and forbid the doors.
Place forbidden traffic zones!

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 02:45:25 pm »

Hate to burst your bubble but you're the one running the fort.
The problem was, i wasn't running the dwarves. The fact of the matter was, i could of been Einstein, the dwarves would STILL do something mind numbingly retarded. That was how they were made, like for example jumping in a magma pit to save a Pig Tail Sock...By the time i noticed the dwarves were outside, it was too late ( i told them to stay inside, they stood there going '?' like total idiots ) then they ran in the WRONG direction. I'm amazed that they are the most intelligent race when it comes to technology, armok knows they don't have common sense. :D
Pages: [1] 2