Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just some underground ideas  (Read 1453 times)

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
Just some underground ideas
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:02 pm »

So. We know that there are going to be mazes of underground caves, linked across all of the world map.

We need:

Underground Civs.

Mini-pits. Just small obstacles, possibly with artificial bridges built ages ago.

Mysterious levers that lift up huge gates, or shift tons of rock, changing both the surface and the maze of passages.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Just some underground ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:52:20 pm »

It's been discussed before, there are current threads about it, it's in the devnotes, and the devlog today showed that there are pits and holes and such already.

So, again, read the devnotes, etc.    Since you've posted something like twenty threads in the past month, maybe you should chill out for a while and actually read some?

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 02:48:05 pm »

varkarrus, as I found the last reply slightly lacking, I've decided to link this recent topic for your edutainment:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=22308.0

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 05:45:50 pm »

<.<

>.>

Lock button, anyone?
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 05:47:18 pm »

as I found the last reply slightly lacking

I can't be blamed if I see it as a lost cause.   He's made something like twenty suggestion threads in the past month, with no indication he even reads them after posting 'em.   I've been far more courteous in the past with him, and yet he floods the forum with zero content threads.

Lock button, anyone?

Yes.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:50:35 pm by Capntastic »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 06:42:30 pm »

Yeah, suggestion posters, please read the instructions!  The Underground Diversity thread was right there on the front page.  Although, if you do find yourself getting tired and even just a little frustrated, please report instead of replying, and I'll take care of it, hopefully without causing a problem (not saying a problem was caused here).
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!