Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Asylum RTD - Inactive  (Read 12333 times)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Asylum RTD - Inactive
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:58:10 pm »

Alright, I've got one game running, but I had this idea.

You are all patients in an insane asylum. You are all in your own cells, but you are on the same floor. Today, you have all woken up with one purpose: escape.

To join, give me your characters name, physical appearance, and their mental condition. It can be pretty much anything you like, as long as it does not cause your character to kill him/herself, and the character is able to at very least walk around without trouble. Each character starts out in his or her personal room. All six of you are on the same floor of the building, and the doors in your rooms all lead into the same hallway.

Room Desc
You are in your small room here in the Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital. The walls are painted a dull white color, and the floors are smooth tile. The bright ceiling light is above your head. The door leading out into the hall is locked, you have a small, thick, reinforced window to peer out of in the center of the door. There are no other windows. In your room is your bed, a comfortable chair, a table, and a simple device that can be used to call for a nurse. There is a small digital clock on one wall, placed high above your reach. It reads 8:30 A.M. All the sharp edges on the furniture have been padded for safety. You are wearing a comfortable, simple outfit. No pockets. There is not a keyhole on the door, they are locked/unlocked with a keycard.

Map of Floor 3 of the Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is not a crazy RTD, your actions need to be realistic. There are no magic/superpowers, you are just human people. Turns last 30 minutes in the game, so if you do something that will take longer than that, you may have to wait to complete your action.

I'll try to make the wound system realistic, and when NPCs (whatever you like to call them) take action, I will roll for them just like I roll for your characters.

I'll take six characters.
1. Inaluct (Inaluct) - Patient

2. Zasit Alebath (Zasit Alebath) - Patient

3. Kyeti (theevilmonk) - Patient

4. Alis (Pacho) - Patient

5. Humaan (Humaan) - Patient

6. Errol (Errol) - Patient

7. Clock (NUKE9.13)

8. Zak (Zako) - Police Officer

9. Kishmond (Kishmond) - Police Officer

10. Little (Little) - Patient

Character Creation info

Waiting List
1. Ken (knightedskull)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 03:25:03 pm by Helmaroc »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Asylum RTD
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:05:44 pm »

Name: Inaluct
Description: Somewhat thin, average height, sort of pale
Illness: Was committed after he was caught trying to break the grating off of a storm drain with a crowbar. He had no evident psychological issues, but when brought to a psychologist, he vehemently denied his insanity. He clearly is in denial, and cannot come to terms with his problem.

Action: I drag the table over to under the clock, climb on top of it, and pull the clock out of the wall.

Zasit Alebath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jedvagenij.blog.hr
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 01:05:31 am »

Name: Zasit Alebath
Description: short and stocky
Problem: he imagines he is a dwarf in a fantasy game, he is a priest of Armok, and loves toads for their beauty... He needs alcohol to get through working day

Action: i fashion my robe into rope and call the nurse, and when she enters i use my robe to strangle her throat. I don't want to kill her, just untill she passes out...     
I deny that I exist, or have ever existed, for any legal purposes, particularly lawsuit.)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 01:06:22 am »

Name: Kyeti
Description: Somewhat thin, tall, plain looking
Illness: Was committed after he was charged for assault  and attempted murder He had a very good lawyer friend who managed to convince the jury he was insane. (thats what he thinks, but he really is a sociopath)

Action: i push the button continuosly until someone shows up. when he/she arrived i cower in the corner until they come close then atack them.... violently..... with the table
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 12:39:28 am by theevilmonk »

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 01:10:16 am »

Name: Alis
Description: Tall and looks a bit commanding
Illness:  Thinks he's a stereotypical high class gentleman, and spends many hours trying to fashion any bit of clothing into a top hat, monocle, and suit to wear.  Also, he tries to belittle everyone around him, but usually fails horribly at it.

Action: I try to fashion my bedding into the aforementioned bits of clothing.  Starting with the top hat, then the suit, and lastly the monocle.  While doing this, I sing at the top of my lungs.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:13:12 am by Pacho »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 01:44:45 am »

Smith:
Description: average height, but looks tall due to extreme thinness, very sharp eagle-like features, long black untended slickly hair and a goatee, which is also long and slick. Has a perpetual facial expression of slight curiosity and indifference that is totally creepy.
Illness: Practically emotionless, not in the poker-face way but in the brain-damaged way, has no motivations what so ever other than curiosity, and is enable to plan ahead far.
He has an extremely high IQ and is cunning, as well as having several savant abilities, and in general he is incredibly gifted whit intelligence.
Is completely indifferent to pain, pleasure, morals, or anything else. The curiosity is like that of a child, he has mutilated himself to see how it feels, cut people open to see what they look like inside, he has also committed r**e (to his sister, he was 15), but only once because he found it boring...  think you get the idea.

Action: call in nurse, beat her unconscious, and lever the room causally snacking on her eyeballs.

((Edit: oh, and I'm likely to forget about this game, PM me if I'm late for the next turn))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 02:12:39 am »

Ooo! Me too!

Name: Errol
Description: Twenty-something years old, smallish, thin, very pale, and rather intelligent. In his own way.

He thinks he's a mad sciencist. The 'mad' part is certainly true. He actually has a small affinity for mechanics and the like, but not nearly as large as he'd like to think. He tries to imitate Einstein's hair style with little success. Usually claims he's double as old as he actually is. Really, really, really likes to gloat.
The reason why he's in the asylum is that he stole various equipment from a corporation and then acted genuinely insane in the trial.

Action: Fiddle around with the locking mechanism.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:20:03 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 09:24:49 am »

Dammit, too slow!

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 11:38:15 am »

Alright, first turn.

Inaluct - 5
You slide the table over to the wall below, and while standing on it, remove the clock from the wall with ease.

Zasit Alebath - 6
You remove the cloth belt and call the nurse, waiting patiently for her. She enters the room shortly after, and you attack when she turns to close the door behind her. You loop the belt around her neck and pull a bit harder than expected, her heads twists and you hear a hollow snapping noise. She collapses, dead before she hit the floor. The door to the hall is ajar. You look up just to catch a glimpse of a nurse running across the hall.

Kyeti - 4
You call the nurse and position yourself in a corner near the table. When she enters you whimper and cry softly, luring her closer. However, before she comes over she locks door behind her (a standard Mayfield security measure) . When she is within attacking distance you grab the table and swing it at her. It hits her cheek and she cries out loudly, stumbling into the wall. She quickly turns and tries to run but you hit her again, knocking her off her feet. She shrieks but you manage to silence her before she causes too much alarm. You beat her to death.

Alis - 2
You fiddle with the sheets for a while without making much other than a few holes. You sing loudly, and you notice at one point a doctor peeking in the window at you. When he notices you looking back, he smiles softly and continues walking down the hall.

Smith - 2 (Since you scored low and can't make a quick kill, I will separately roll for her...she got a 5.)
You call a nurse in, and attack as soon as he enters the room. You jump at her, but she shrieks and sidesteps, tripping you. Your outstretched hands hit the door and you lose balance, scrambling to keep up. She is ready and kicks you in the kneecap, causing your leg to buckle over. You fall to a kneel and she knees you in the nose, knocking you onto your back. Your head smacks against the tile sharply. She takes the chance to run out of the room, yelling for a guard and a doctor. Your nose feels broken and your leg stings badly. Your head rings and you quickly lose consciousness.

Errol - 1
You walk over and begin tapping, scratching, and pulling on the metal keycard bay. You accomplish nothing and decide you need a keycard, you only succeed in pinching your finger in the slot.

Character Statuses
Inaluct
Zasit Alebath
Kyeti
Alis
Smith

It is now 9:00 A.M.

Alright, sorry it took so long. Got actions confused and had to make some major edits. If there are any errors, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:19:48 pm by Helmaroc »

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Asylum RTD - Turn 1
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 05:16:09 pm »

I repeatedly bash my head as hard as I can agaisnt the keycard thingy.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 05:27:03 pm »

Uh, I realize he's a mental patient, but are you sure you want to do that? Even with a 5 or 6, you'd only succeed in hurting yourself badly.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 06:02:21 pm »

yeah, I'm pretty sure.

If I wanted to do stuff that made sense I probably wouldn't be in the mental hospital =P

Though, change the target to be the door instead of the keycard thingy.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 06:12:31 pm »

The door is also metal, just so you know.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 06:35:30 pm »

What time is it?

Also, I use that buzzer thing to call for a nurse. When one opens the door, I want to yank the door open, push them to the side, and sprint out into the hallway.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:57:11 pm by inaluct »

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 07:06:06 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10