Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Murderhold discussion thread  (Read 2149 times)

Ter13

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wait... Dwarves like food, don't they?
    • View Profile
Murderhold discussion thread
« on: April 15, 2009, 12:33:34 pm »

I'm keeping the Murderhold: No rest, even for the dead locked. Any discussion of the story will be held here.

Essentially, I'm writing this from the perspective of Bomrek, our woodcutter. The rules for this map are:

1) No migrants.
2) No caravans.
3) No hunting, no fishing.
4) No web gathering.
5) Anyone hurt by a zombie anything will be left to die, even if they survive.
6) Invading armies will also be considered infected, so the above rules apply.

I've only got one female, so this fort is going to take a while for breeding to start. Seeing as our second female decided to take a dip in the magma.

I'm trying to keep them sealed off from the surface. There's a cave river, a magma pipe, and a chasm in the map.

This game will continue for as long as possible, or until all members of the party are dead. I will be able to get outside goods should I choose to trap and kill a caravan, that is the only way I will gain anything. This will make for some interesting situations, I think.

Murderhold story thread:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=34139.0
Murderhold - A story about a fortress closed off from the world, attempting to survive a zombie-infested wilderness.
Murderhold Discussion thread

Ter13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murderhold discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 03:31:09 pm »

The no caravans rule may have to be broken once, so that I can get some kind of thread. Seeds are becoming unmanageable. I've had to move the still twice now.
Murderhold - A story about a fortress closed off from the world, attempting to survive a zombie-infested wilderness.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:51:27 pm »

If space is your only concern, you could always try making a few seed cakes to get rid of excess seeds.  If your problem is a lack of thread-bearing seeds... well, you can still raid caravans without having to trade with them.  So long as they're human or elven.

By the way, cool concept, shall be watching intently.  Carry on!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ter13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 05:40:38 pm »

I just killed my first batch of migrants... Fourteen to be exact.

Took some doing, but I put a meeting hall outside of the fort, built a bridge on top of the volcano, waited until they were all in the meeting area, and dropped them into the magma. Nobody inside of the fortress got upset, so I think this method may be a go.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 09:57:13 pm »

Good times abound.

Ter13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 10:53:02 am »

I'm back from the bars. I'll be sitting down and playing through the rest of autumn year 2. The merchant drowning chamber is complete, and works admirably. Let's see if I can convince the migrants to use this room too.

We've imported an ass-ton of stuff, so I'll be spending most of the autumn dumping it into the magma.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 04:46:56 am »

i really enjoyed murderhold, as a tale. short but...sweet (?). can i say sweet? short and brutal....makes for an alternative to the fortresses that span generations and years.....

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition