Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ignis I hate you so goddamn much  (Read 22858 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ignis I hate you so goddamn much
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2009, 06:11:53 am »

Bad like in "They did NOT burn"? That is bad, go fix it.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2009, 08:19:19 am »

I think he probably means bad for Elves, which means good for Dwarves.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 08:40:46 am »

My adventurer went to a forest retreat and gave the elves the gift of fire.

They reacted rather badly

Did your adventurer convince the Elves that fire was just another type of wood?

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 09:33:11 am »

Time to check the Raws to see if you can force materials to have a certain temperature.

Firestick: a branch from the Firewood Tree, it burns constantly.  Keep away from boozahol stockpiles.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 09:39:52 am »

Time to check the Raws to see if you can force materials to have a certain temperature.

Firestick: a branch from the Firewood Tree, it burns constantly.  Keep away from boozahol stockpiles.

You can make cats explode, so i'd guess you can make wood be on fire.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 10:38:46 am »

I wonder if you can make stone have a certain temperature... I could make adamantine a lot more difficult to acquire.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

salttotart

• Bay Watcher
  • Ackbar is always right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 11:04:47 am »

I wonder if you can make stone have a certain temperature... I could make adamantine a lot more difficult to acquire.

YES! YES! DO IT! NOW!
If this all doesn't fix it, your dwarfs are lazy. Apply magma.
"And thereafter, all dwarven children were taught to mind their stools, lest the toilet-fiends snatch their souls from their bottoms"
Try rubbing a cat on it, that seems to help.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 03:15:16 pm »

Burning Adamantine?  I can see it now...

You have struck Raw Adamantine!  Praise the miOH GOD IT BURNS

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2009, 08:49:48 pm »

Speaking of fire.
A fire Imp set fire to my map a few years ago.  This was at the exact same time the Dwarven Caravan reached my trade depo.  It's still burning.  I've effectively been able to keep my population at one since then.  Or as I like to call it, one miner, one dead immigration wave of brokers.

Edit: The fire went out 5 minutes after I posted this.  Now I have to go capture a fire imp.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 08:59:44 pm by Kardos »

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 02:25:11 am »

Odd happening with my fort and fire recently.

See, I had temperature set off to speed up the game a little bit.  But lo, a seige comes, so I get my military and my guard Dragon ready, save, turn temp back on so Dragonfire will actually burn stuff, and load my game back up.

And for some reason, a single square of grass, about 70 tiles away from my fort just ignites into fire.  Nothing was standing there, there were no creatures around except for a Horse, nothing had interacted with that tile at all.

Yet within minutes a good portion of my map was ablaze.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2009, 02:22:25 pm »

My champion has the same problem, still has the bolt stuck in him, but he is so bad ass he isn't even WINDED!
Urist Mcwoundedchampion: Yeah this Iron Bolt is no worry, it's only mangled my lung and my chest.
For no appearent reason he shrugs it off like it's a flesh wound, if i lost MY lung to a bolt through the chest. I'd shit my pants. :o

At any rate, i have a female herbalist nicknamed "could of been worse", simply because she got done for violation of production order (Yeah, for iron items. What a random person to punish), anyway, the Fortress Guard member who did the beating was my badass swordsdwarf ( He had a +Steel Shortsword+, needless to say, he messed her up. Bad. ) Broke both parts of her spine like a twig. Pierced her lung. And chopped off an arm, by some miracle she survived. Her son oddly enough died in an accident involving magma. (Yeah, keeping dwarves alive. The ONE thing magma sucks at. ) her husband died in a hail of bolts and arrows a siege before ( he dodged them, but a goblin axe lord went: Dodge this! and pretty much killed the cocky bastard instantly.) But still she is ESTATIC!

Yeah, she sure is hard to upset.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.
Pages: 1 2 [3]